REVIEW: GeForce RTX 2060 ( NVIDIA Founders)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Maybe he'll take it down a notch when he finally buy an nvidia card. :D

Agonist likes this.
  2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Unless Nvidia does Intels and releases very soon cards that will make the RTX 2000 line obsolete, I reckon this particular card, with any luck also 2070, ought to be competing with Navi. AMD 500 series is kind of outdated already. Vega with the price drops is more interesting, but also kind of strange because they are supposed to be somewhat high-end (as far as AMD can make anything high-end), but are reduced to competing in the mainstream arena, while still being currently manufactured cards, not only some relics. So, AMD needs to get Navi out in a timely manner. I wouldn't consider something like 590 unless I suddenly lost my current card and had nothing else available (quite an odd hypothetical situation). I'd rather take a Vega, though, with even 64 below 500 euros, 56 much less.

3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Lebon30 likes this.
  4. Wait --- did I hear that right, you can't pair two 2060's together in NV-Link??

If that's true .... man what a shame ... :oops:

Say what you might about multi-gpu setups, issues, ie.. frame-pacing etc... Nvidia is devaluing this card without SLi.
    Solutions have improved they work well & overall perform good; there still is current bench-marking to show for it.

EDIT: Personally I don't run multi-gpu setups anymore outside of my content-creation rigs - but it's no reason not to vie on behalf of technology I think still works. Or a company that's making a weird business decision. Sure they might think more will buy the expensive cards this way. Not necessarily. Intel did dumb things like this too with their i7 processors.. crippling little HEDT features on them PCI-E lane restrictions RAID keys etc I guess NV is like what do we have that used to be a "given" that can become a "feature"

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    2x rtx 2060s would be faster than an rtx 2080ti, it was inevitable to happen.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  6. :(:(:( Yeah... I guess I'll go smoke a cigarette and hope about January 9th :)

warlord likes this.
  7. szaman7

szaman7 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 Ti Mini
    I'd like to see some more benchmarks of Id Tech 6 based games like new Wolfenstein or Doom. Some reviews show that RTX2060 6 gigs of memory struggle a lot in these titles @4K when compared to 8GB 1070Ti/1080. Rainbow Six Siege or other 8GB+ ubisoft games with Ultra Texture Packs and GTA V with extended distance scaling set to max would be nice too. These few could be crucial having on mind the upcoming Ghost Recon, Doom Eternal, Rage 2 or possible RDR2 PC (Rockstar titles are known to be extremely memory-consuming).

8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Great card, almost matches my 1080 at a great price.

Lebon30 likes this.
  9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    The 1070FE launched at $449.

Lebon30 likes this.
  10. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC

11. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Ha, ok, I get it, this was a joke at what AMD fanboys are gonna say - in as much as what you wrote is completely factually incorrect. RTX 2060 is way faster than RX 590, and Vega is not faster (well Vega 64 is sometimes) and certainly not 50% faster. I get it though, you were just joking, but I'm posting this because at first I thought you were serious & we shouldn't have misleading info in this forum.

12. Lebon30

Lebon30 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070Ti 8GB
    Yup. If you are coming from a 1070+ in the 10xx series, don't bother. However, for people that have older cards, this card has great value vs. performance (if you compare it vs. msrp of course). People expecting 200-300$MSRP is expecting to much of GDDR6 product. If this was still a GDDR5 product, I'd be outraged at the price too but, with GDDR6 and knowing how much it cost vs. GDDR5, you can't expect capalism to sell you a product at a loss. It will sell like bunkers and you guys know it.

Now, if only we could find it at MSRP unless you are willing to buy the FE version through nVidia. We'll know about that next week.

warlord likes this.
  13. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I think I remember reading somewhere that it's adding about $22 to the production cost of a card to have GDDR6 on there, but this RTX 2060 is priced higher than that over the previous last gen GTX 1060, so while GDDR6 is a contributing factor to the price increase I don't see it as the main reason. For me the main reason is the lack of competition from AMD....NVidia are just competing with themselves here, and they're keeping prices high and maximising their profits.

warlord likes this.
  14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's reason why RTX 2060 is most worthy card of RTX series for now. While price is still not as low as one would like to, it is card which achieves proper generational jump in performance. As one wants higher performance per $ with each generation (year-to-year basis).

And 2060 is only card which somewhat achieves it.

airbud7 and warlord like this.
  15. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah without the RT cores, and a cheaper price tag this could be amazing mid-range GPU for people

16. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well the 1160 (mostly rumoured) is meant to be this card without the RT cores, which should lower the cost to a more mid-range tone, making that card the best price to performance card we have had in years

warlord likes this.
  17. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    What's funny here is people think it's going to cost 350$ which going by the rest of the series is complete bs expect it to be more like 450$. Now at 350$ the price to performance isnt bad essentially getting 1080 performance for about 150$ less is a win.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    That would be insanity to release a 1160. Nvidia would then have 4 cards in roughly same price/perf range (unless they cleared out their 1070/ti inventories).

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    There will be no gtx 11 series and no gtx 1160.

If you have money shortage, there is rtx 2050.

Considering that rtx 2060 is stronger than anticipated, by easily and economically rivaling gtx 1080 and Vega64 more than 1070 and vega56, it will not disappoint for a fair price under 250$. We will see in time soon enough.

20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This. 1070TI as well, just recycling chips that were produced but not sold for 1070 purposes.