OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. zeef

zeef Guest

GPU:
    vega 56
    Hi guys,

Where can i find the 0.2.8 beta?

Just installed the 18.12.13 and cant change all the setting . Im from 0.2.6 :)

The new amd control fan is a lit strange.

Last drivers i use was the 18.6.1

New drivers for mining seems to be more efficient. And we can full control the full states of gpu hehe

Are you plan to support this new driver version?

Thanks

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Here is 0.2.8 beta1. There is no official AMD ADL SDK update (last one is from 2016) so I've had to guess how to use new api. Use it on your own risk!
    Added: Fan Curve values, Fan Zero RPM, Memory Timing Level, removed: Fan Target Temp, Fan Maximum, Fan Minimum, Power Max Temp. Requires driver 18.12.2 or newer

mirh and zeef like this.
  3. zeef

zeef Guest

GPU:
    vega 56
    Many thanks for help,
    Worked good in my vega 64.
    Why amd exclude the pid old control fan? i think was much better..
    Regards

4. datspike

datspike Guest

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    @OnnA any thoughts about how to find out what exactly "Memory Timing Level" changes in the memory timings?

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Every memory has The Straps or Settings.
    One can be better than the other.
    LLT or VLLT for HBM2 is nice to see IMO.
    It will give better 3Dmark score (Lev1 is better by a 70Pts) but i need to test it by myself (no time cuz' BFV ;))

6. datspike

datspike Guest

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    I think you've misunderstood me. I'm interested in founding out how exactly this feature works and how it changes the timings in depth.
    Maybe we can somehow obtain the memory strap which is modified by this setting? I mean it's for sure is not stored in the bios, but on the driver side.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You need to ask on AMD/ATI forum, maby AMD_Matt knows something ?
    Or got here -> Terry Makedon

datspike likes this.
  8. datspike

datspike Guest

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    Thanks a lot for the info! I'll try to contact with AMD then :)

There's another question\suggestion
    Wattman has "auto" and "manual" voltage modes, and for some gpus it may be crucial to have either of them active. "Auto" voltage mode is also good to use when the card's bios is modded to have a lower voltage at stock via AsicProfilingInfo
    May you consider implementing a checkbox\switch which will either activate manual voltage or disable the manual voltage mode and "grey out" the input fields for the power states?

OnnA likes this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ This will go to @tede :cool:

10. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Hi, do you mean you get an error message on apply having P0 voltage defaulted below driver limit?
    @barbells28 What driver? For 18.12.2 and newer you should try 0.2.8 beta1 (link)

11. datspike

datspike Guest

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    No, I'm talking about the toggle on the screenshot.
    [​IMG]
    For example when it's set to "automatic" my card has 1.119v to 1.144v VID under load depending on the gpu temperature. When it's set to "manual" the voltage input field for each pstate are becoming active and I can type in the voltage for each state.
    A toggle or a checkbox with the same functionality would be great to have in the OverdriveNTool.
    As for now if I just click "Apply" on the OverdriveNTool the voltage mode changes to "manual" (and uses the whatever voltage is set to P7 in the OverdriveNTool at full load) however it does not even change the voltage mode in the WattMan to "manual".

12. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    I think Wattman's auto/manual mode is meaningless. It's just it's internal setting, not from overclock API, prevents you from changing the values and maybe sets default values. OverdriveNTool doesn't have to change this, you will get clock/voltages that you've set in fields.

OnnA and datspike like this.
  13. datspike

datspike Guest

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    Hm, then it means that Wattman changes the voltage mode from automatic (predefined via AsicProfilingInfo, 1.119-1.144v for me) to manual (via pstate input fields 1.150v for me after "reset") on apply.. The toggle is not doing anything with overclock API, but on apply Wattman does check the toggle state.
    Anyway, thanks for the info :)

14. 1Creek1

1Creek1 Guest

GPU:
    amd 8G
    READ PLEASE !
    Too bad this software does not have a drop-down list with checkbox to install a profile on multiple graphics card with one click rather than doing it one by one because it's boring and long.
    Notice to the developer:
    Can you make it possible to directly load a profile on several graphic cards by checking the one concerned and choosing the right profile.

Thank you, it will arrange many of us!

15. Sum None

Sum None Guest

GPU:
    AMD Vega FE
    I'm getting "Failed to get ADL function pointers (Error Code: 127)(The specified procedure could not be found.)" with a Vega FE and 18.6.1 drivers and the 2.8.1beta OverDrivenTool. Anyone know a fix?

I'm mostly just mining Monero and trying to get my temp/fan control working, but would love to have complete control like before the October fork of Monero. My AMDs basically heat up and slowly drop in hash rates until they hit a consistent ~20% degradation. Feels hot and know running them around 65C mostly fixes the issue. I tried afterburner too, but the values don't stick.

UPDATE: I did a clean install of the latest AMD drivers (18.50.11) and got to the main screen of ODT 2.8.1beta, but now get "Failed to set GPU values (Error Code: -8)(ADL_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED - Function not supported by the driver)"

Found the manual fan controls in the driver control panel finally. But, can only set via RPMs. Be nice to set by temp so they aren't running at 80% on idle. It's better than nothing though.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019

16. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
    Well this doesn't seem to work for me. I can disable GPU/memory states, but not the fan settings.

17. Just a FYI for anyone using 0.2.8 beta 1 (and latest drivers), I was able to get Zero RPM working correctly on my Vega 56 by setting P0 to "off" (0 degrees and 0 RPM). When the temperature hits P1 the fan will turn on as it used to with the older drivers.The only change made in Global Wattman settings was setting it to Custom profile as per usual. I did not make any further changes in there.

[​IMG]

If you want to test out fan percentages what you can do is 0 out all of the P-states then put the current ambient temp in P4 and whatever percentage you want to test next to it. As soon as you apply the changes the fan should kick in. The above are settings I found tolerable for my Gigabyte RX VEGA 56 GAMING OC 8G

18. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Nice, this works great even on my Air Boost edition from MSI. Which doesn't have Zero fan, just like reference.

19. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    this is what shoud be the fan control in wattman, they have to enable the possibility to set 0% pwm for the lower state of the fan curve and remove that odd zero rpm functionality

20. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Let's hope all the components used can tolerate the fan being off.