Display Driver Uninstaller Thread #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Ok, then if it come from another application, I prefer not removing it just in case it break Relive.
    Unless you can confirm me that theses files / folder get regenerated automatically by Relive on launch.

2. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

All I know is that those files get installed on my system as soon as I enter the Relive tab through Radeon Settings (control panel) for the first time and click on the "install" button.

However if I were to manually delete those files on purpose (as in after having installed Relive) they will not return to my system unless I reinstall the graphics driver package.

3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Ok thanks for the info.

RzrTrek likes this.
  4. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.0.6 Released. *updated*
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

RzrTrek likes this.

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Thanks for the update!

6. westport17

westport17 Guest

GPU:
    RX 560
    Several days ago I want to remove my AMD gpu driver because there's a major update (18.12) so I run DDU 18.0.0.5.
    I opt to remove AMD graphic driver only, but after restart my audio is gone.
    Tried to reinstall my audio driver but no light. Gave up.

Then I just removed my Adrenaline 18.12.2 because of system power failure broke my driver. I used DDU 18.0.0.6. Guess what? My Realtek Audio GONE again and I have no idea at all why this happened.
    Basically my PC isn't usable because this audio issue.
    Any suggestion here?

7. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Hi,
    This is weird and not supposed to happen. Can you send me the DDU Logs on my email so I can check what went wrong so I can fix this?
    Thanks

wagnard28@gmail.com

To everyone having an AMD GPU and also AMD chipset, do you encounter this kind of issue too?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The HDMI audio component has it's quirks (It likes to get re-detected or even re-installed and usually there's at least one or more grayed out devices in the device manager.) this also differs between various GPU models and every driver usually insists the HDMI driver has been updated likely due to a newer file or signature date even if the version is the same.

I don't see how it would affect the Realtek driver though and even if the Realtek audio component(s)* were to be uninstalled it should still show as a "?" or that yellow triangle for a unknown audio device in the device manager ready for install of the newest drivers. (Updated like once a week or more for some reason.)
    (* - There's like seven different version of it. -> FF00 Generic - FF01 MAPO - FF03 Nahimic - FF04 APO - FF06 MaxxAudio - FF10 Creative - FF0C DTS and then the Win10 Store via UWD or the Universal Windows Driver model. <- From info on the Station-Drivers forums though it's mainly bundled additional software.)

Unsure about the chipset driver, info I have is that unlike Intel's generic chipset driver. (INF only, no .sys driver component so it's just device names though if said device is in use it might still need a reboot for "updating" said device.) there's driver components including the PCI-E filter driver (Whatever it does, display driver likes to add that in anyway also.) and then also a power scheme called Ryzen Balanced that does this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/a9q96u/is_the_ryzen_balanced_power_plan_still_relevant/

EDIT: I've not had any problems with the component myself but I only do a clean install following major driver branch changes or hardware changes and I have not used DDU myself as I prefer to try and manually clean out old files and content.

9. westport17

westport17 Guest

GPU:
    RX 560
    I don't know how to paste my logs here. It's a 600KB log with 19266 lines. My browser always hanged when I paste the texts here.

Sorry for late reply

10. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    No need to paste here, just email me the files at : wagnard28@gmail.com

11. westport17

westport17 Guest

GPU:
    RX 560
    Sent!
    Hope you can find the problem and fix it!

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Received,

1- First I think you did not clean in safe mode. It is recommended t be in safe mode.

2- If you UNTICK in the DDU options (Remove AMD Audio Bus and Remove the driver/filter AMDKMPFD) do you still see DDU removing the Realtek stuff?

13. westport17

westport17 Guest

GPU:
    RX 560
    1. It did happen before this also in safe mode, and this is my second try to see whether safe mode did matter. It's not (for me).

2. Confirmed, just removed GPU driver with the option untick and it did not remove my Realtek driver!

14. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Sorry if this has been answered, but why are there two threads about DDU? They seem to both get updated with news and info. This being #2 makes it seem like it's the current one, should the other one get locked?

15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    One is mostly for Nvidia user and the other for AMD. But I let this up to the Guru3d boss or mods to decide what it's best.

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    If you are able to tell me what specific option is the culprit it would help a lot. Personally I suspect the removal of the "AMD Audio Bus" but would be great if you can confirm.

17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    When using that uninstaller, you choose your GPU vendor. Each one has specific clean up duties relevant to h/w ID and driver/registry/disk entries.

Same goes for audio\sound cleanup but it is not as important or widely used as gpu software cleaning. So, we need two threads to help Wagnard distinguish bugs between all those options more precisely and easily in my opinion. It would be a chaos if there was only one thread for that essential tool.

18. westport17

westport17 Guest

GPU:
    RX 560
    I'm sure that's it. Everything went well after untick that single option. Did it in safe mode and non safe mode and all is ok.
    Thank you!

19. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Could you verify if you still have the issue with 18.0.0.7 (just released today) when the "removed AMD audio bus" is ticked ?
    I made some changes that could fix this issue for you.

20. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.0.7 Released.
    See first post of this thread for download locations and other important information.

Jackalito, RzrTrek and Wagnard like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.