Fix game stutter on Win 10 1703-1809

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Exostenza, Apr 3, 2018.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yup, I was a not sure it was a real issue (thinking badly configured system), I am on 1809 and never had this until your playing a game that you're in it a long time.
    It happened early this week but I thought it might be networking, then last 2 days and I alt-tabbed out to check it and had no free memory, all was standby.
    ran the exe to clear it and was smooth again. It not really a stutter, it does feel more like in the old days if you hit swapfile.

2. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for the tag, I didn't even know he made a post about this. That's hilarious.
    I'm really not sure why he's getting so upset about this though; his guide for Home Editions is pretty basic and clearly for inexperienced users, but by all means that's alright - it's just nothing that I as an advanced user would find interesting when I see mbk1969's contributions on this forum.

Anyway, enough off-topic.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Well, look at it from his view, this is not something some settings or reg edit can fix, it needs code fix so not much he can do.
    On top of that, like me not many see the issue, it depends on how much ram and what you run along with how long system is up, per boot.

So I can understand that, at least from both sides.

4. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Agree completely for those fixes mkb provided - in any case, Windows 10 is pretty much the most restricting OS ever when it comes to under-the-hood customization, not to mention the Home Edition coming in at an automatic disadvantage regarding the lack of useful tools (Group Policy Editor, etc.). Use it exactly per MS's instructions or things may break.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Is there a way to empty 0 standbylist (or whatever it's called)? According to RamMap even though you remove standbylist you leave several gigs of 0 Standbylist that doesn't seem to go away.

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Are you sure you refreshed RamMap screen after the purging of the lists? Are you sure the tool you are using even worked?
    We discovered two "functions" - to purge only standby list 0 and to purge all standby lists. Even if we knew the way to purge individual standby lists, I doubt Wagnard and AveYo would use such thing.

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yes, I do refresh RamMap and after a typical empty standbylist. I see a blue bar replaced with a light blue bar.
    Underneath I see 'Zeroed' with 5+Gigs "Unused'.
    I'm using RamMap though.

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    "Zeroed" is not standby list. In RamMap switch to "Priority Summary" tab - there all standby lists are displayed.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yeah I don't clean individually list, it would be illogical, better to clean them all in 1 run.
    1 thing I wonder, if is AMD GPU user encounter this issue I mostly see people with Nvidia.
    On my end I don't see it anymore (unless I help it) because I have 32gig and my Ram is almost never full even with cached stuff.

10. max2

max2 Member Guru

I have the weirdest problem with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Build 1809 where dialogue sound will not play on videos.

Went back to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Build 1803 and now I can hear dialogue sound in videos!

Go figure.

Sorry forgot to say this is with Media Player Classic and VLC Player.

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Then why can I play video with audio w/o issue on my 1809 build? You would have to include more information about your hardware setup.

max2 likes this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still dont get it, my games dont stutter, nore do any video i play, everything is smooth here on 1803, most ram i ever seem my system use is 7gb out 16gb

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Got it thanks! The reason why I even bothered with Zero'd is because with a fresh start up I can completely dominate on BO4. Hit rego is great. But as soon as standbylist fills up I empty it but BO4 still seems to still be off for me. No real stuttering just a huge latency issue that standbylist fix only seems to particularly correct. I was able to remove the Zero'd out stuff only once using both Standbylist.exe and RamMap but when I did BO4 played as if I started up the PC (Excellent Hit rego and low latency)! So I've been trying to replicate that but found out that was a complete 1 off. So I started doing research on what "Zero'd" actually is (still learning) and why I'm getting a better player experience when I don't have it show up on RamMap.

I was told a while back that having 32GB of ram fixed that person's stutter issue with standbylist. But I didn't get any details as to how it fixed it for them.
    As for me I don't get stuttering per say unless it's several maps of BF or BO4 then things starts to lag moreso then stutter. I also notice that I have hit-rego issues where my bullets don't register. Clearing the standbylist fixes that but getting rid of a long light blue bar of Zer0's completely fixes it for me (RamMap). Don't know why...

Hmm, I wonder if the increased Receive and Transmit Buffers size (from it's default) found within your nic's settings play a role?

Is there a set limit on standby-list when you have 16 vs 32 GB of ram? Just wondering...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  14. max2

max2 Member Guru

Can you send me the video to see if the audio dialogue will play on it please? Thanks. Even if not the whole video part of it making sure that part has people speaking or dialogue. Thanks!

I will let you know if it works on my pc and 1809.

15. defalt

defalt Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080 founders e

hey bro , i have MSI z370 pro a now , not sure if i mentioned that , sorry

anyway i found it i guess , its called CPU SA in my mobo it says that it''s on auto and currently its 1.320V , also says that minmium is 1.05 and max is 2.00 , so how much should i put it at? 1.33?

16. defalt

defalt Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080 founders e
  17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    32GB just workaround the issue as you have so much Ram that the Stanbylist almost never fill completely your ram.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I see, guess they raised the bar by newer cpus. By older pre skylake it was up to ~1.25v max max.

Try 1.350v or 1.360v then just to see if it makes any difference, 0.010v+ offset might not be enough.

19. defalt

defalt Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080 founders e

okay bro , it shows in red , is that's still normal?

EDIT: even when its 1.32 '' current volt '' it shows in red , so yeah i changed it to 1.36 as u told me , gonna wait for ur confirmation for the cpu core voltage and cpu io voltage

also it shows that my cpu core voltage is auto @1.08V , MAX 1.550 and min is 0.600 '' don't know if that's too low ? ''

and CPU IO voltage is auto @1.256V max is 2.0 and min is 0.60

thanks for the help bro and sorry i'm totally noob in the OC things

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    you still haven't given me your audio setup. Are you using stereo or a 5.1setup? Soundcard, or external audio? Which model?

What are you using as source for your video that you are having trouble with?