Download: MSI Afterburner 4.5.0

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

How about reading what I document in changes list? With each new release I waste a few hours on documenting everything you may need to know. And it is ridiculous to see it ignored and to waste New Year holiday time posting the same over and over again. Don't be lazy please and read this post:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss-6-7-0-beta-1.412822/page-80#post-5620815

fry178 likes this.
  2. dante`afk

dante`afk Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 1080 ftw SLI
    I don't understand them to be honest, could you point me into a direction how to fix them? I searched for OSD and formatting in the notes and as far as I could read, I did not see anything on how to fix my issue?

I'm re-uploading the picture to a different host so you can see it?

https://imgur.com/2E9ybOV

3. demoncamber

demoncamber Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080ti Duke Oc
    Awesome update! The "big" original skins need to be updated to it shows the little curve icon to use the curve tuner.

4. HeroLander

HeroLander Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

5. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    I would uninstall all nv stuff, reboot into safe mode and clean with ddu, then do clean install..

6. SonGoCHaiN

SonGoCHaiN Guest

GPU:
    MSI 390 Gaming OC 8 GB
    I have the same issue, I can't see where fix it. Do you have a AMD graphic card? May be it's something related with the driver (18.12.3 version).
    BR

7. kamak

kamak Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2019
  8. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    Hello, Unwinder! Have you made a video about new ver features?
    I'm curious about how to manage to limit 2d profile (it's basically lowest settings of power\temp limit) not to exceed 1v when i run 3d app. It's working fine when i apply custom undervolted 3d profile for game session, but it's locked to 1v so that's why it works as i need. But I can't figure how to properly set 2d profile to be limited to 1v under full load and to go idle (0.625) when there's no load. Should I just create second 3d profile that's limited to 1v with lowest temp\power limits but will it interfere with custom profile when app is running or the last applied profile will override it? or there's some features that i don't know of? That's kinda hard to get what i mean. In a few words is it possible for two voltage locks in a same profile? like 1 idle and one underload

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  9. kamak

kamak Guest

OK, nice, and thank you I see that you did extend the freq/mv curve down into the 700mv point (unfortunately, still not enough for some of the extreme undervolters using AB for crypto mining, lol) But address about 80% of the needs of many. As for the "Power User, config tweak" I did not know of this ability and would love to play around with that.

10. kamak

kamak Guest

11. kamak

kamak Guest

Time to share this with the community

12. Megabigd

Megabigd Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 3080TI FTW HYB
    dumb question but...Do I have to rerun the overclocking feature every time i install a new Afterburner?

13. Jan Kopecký

Jan Kopecký Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti FTW3
    Hi, I'd like to ask about an issue with afterburner 4.6.0 beta 10
    I just got new GPU yesterday, it's EVGA 2080ti FTW3. All is running, haven't overclocked it yet, but it seem I can only control one fan with afterburner. I'm going to try beta 11, but since there wasn't anything related to nvidia card fans in the description, I don't expect it to help.
    Beta 10 was supposed to be able to control at least 2 fans individually according to description... I have only one setting and it affects only one fan... I don't need to control them individually, but I need to control all of them...
    Is this still work in progress, or is there some issue specifically with EVGA cards and I should not expect to get this working in afterburner?
    Thanks for any response.
    Is it possible to use precision X to set fans and afterburner for everything else, or would there be conflict?

14. Unwinder

I don’t know where did you read that statement, because it is just plain wrong. It is clearly declared in readme that in manual fan control mode it is only supposed to syncronically change speeds of both fans in linked way on RTX series cards with REFERENCE fan control implementation. And no, it is not a work in progress and it was discussed many times.

15. Jan Kopecký

Jan Kopecký Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti FTW3
    I've read it again, yeah my mistake - individual was only monitoring, control was supposed to be synchronical in manual mode. Anyway I could not control other fans at all... It works in PrecisionX1, so I use that for fan curves and afterburner for else. PrecisionX1 always takes priority over AB when it comes to fans, clocks are set by whatever applies it later... so it works together somehow.

16. Unwinder

Once again, as declared it works for reference fan control implementations and it is not gonna change ever for third party implementations with propiertary fan controllers.

17. jetraw

jetraw Guest

Hello guys, i cannot found thread of msi afterburner 4.6 beta 11, can i ask here?
    i have visual C++ error, event_id 1000 and these:

MSIOCScanner_x64.exe
    5c222a32
    MSVCR90.dll
    5b6909cf
    2e64
    01d4b676cedd96c0
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Bundle\OCScanner\MSIOCScanner_x64.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.9518_none_08e07c8fa840efbe\MSVCR90.dll
    3ee8fd1f-416b-41b4-b6d2-e9fd25d54a26

also:

MSIOCScanner_x64.exe
    5c222a32
    ucrtbase.dll
    309241e0
    c0000409
    000000000006f08e
    2e64 01d4b676cedd96c0
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Bundle\OCScanner\MSIOCScanner_x64.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    93a56523-0ff5-418e-8648-28f5ecfd46f6

but i have all of visual C++ 2005-2015 x64 and x86

windows 10 1809 and full updates

beta 10 had the same issue

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2019
  18. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Good work as always Unwinder! Ignore the haters! ive only ever used MSI AB . Works great here.

19. mirez

mirez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    I see RTSS option "Custom Direct3D support" is grayed out in latest beta (mine updated from 7.2.0 to 7.2.1).
    The option was a troublemaker in Windows 7 64bit. 3dmark was aborting tests with message "cancelled by user", and Subnautica wasn't even creating its window.
    I had it enabled, because description suggested it's required for compatibility with postprocessing like injectfxaa, sweetfx, reshade... But maybe it's not needed, and RTSS and Reshade are compatible

20. Unwinder

That option was not a troublemaker, please carefully read context help for it then the release notes explaining why exactly it is grayed out now. There is explicit warning in this option description, telling you that it is bad idea to enable it globally and recommending you to enable it at profile level only and only for applications actually using modified runtimes. There is explicit warning telling you that if you enable it for all applications it may prevent some of them from starting. Many users ignored it and simply keep it enabled then blame RTSS for being troublemaker. It is protected from being enabled blindly now.