Should I Uninstall ASUS AI Suite III?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by BlindBison, Dec 5, 2018.

1. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Hi there guys,

Historically I've not overclocked my CPU -- I've only ever overclocked my GPUs with simple tools like MSI Afterburner.

However, my new PC shipped with Asus Ai Suite 3 and, after looking through these menus, I'm not entirely certain what how it works and there doesn't seem to be a setting for returning to "stock" values after I've messed with them.

Should I uninstall this or is it a powerful tool that can automatically boost performance for me?

Anyway I'm trying to decide if I should uninstall it and reset my desktop to factory settings or if I should keep it and set all the dials to "extreme" or the automated cpu overclock etc.

Thanks for your time, I'm having a tough time tracking down tutorials for the latest version of the software that I seem to have.

2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Overclocking CPU's should only be done in bios.

The1, Deleted member 213629 and Kolt like this.
  3. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    It is rather buggy. It messes up my fan profiles and the AI overclocking is stupid. I installed it and reinstalled it, the uninstalled it again

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I use it only for fan control on mine -xfan expert. For that I Installed only bare minimum.

Although I have a ancient version for my z87 deluxe and surprisingly it still works. Just disable away feature completely that thing is only thing really buggy. Its in sub menu - disable for all 2-3 modes.

For overclock it's better to use bios, but can be handy for quick testing instead of rebooting to bios every time.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Pretty much everything can be done from the bios, and is obviously less prone to software conflicts etc. So, yeah, best to not have it installed.

It's also a real PITA getting rid of all the startup services left behind and still running after you uninstall it, assuming it doesn't bug out during uninstall.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  6. I'd recommend holding off on it for now. Post Win-10 rev. 1607 it's known to cause BSODs depending on which "sub-tool" you use within the overall suite. I've yet to see ASUS refresh AsIO.sys as that's what seems to be causing the conflict in the affected apps. I've submitted two tickets on this for AURA & AICharger to no avail *SPAM* back at least 5/6 months now with as much info as I could. It's a big company... what can you do? For OC, I'd stick with BIOS it's efficient & "clean" lol

EDIT: I should specify this post is relative to my experience with setups using LGA-2011v2 & AM4 ASUS Motherboards, AISuitell & AISuitelll; I cannot speak for anything else...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2018
    BlackZero likes this.
  7. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

8. BlindBison and BlackZero like this.
  9. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    It keeps messing up my water pump header speed on the motherboard. My fans can run low to medium but I want the water pump at maximum speed always.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the kernel mode driver asus uses in its ai suite is a source of stutters and misbehavior.