Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The way I see it Bethesda have looked at the absolutely immense amount of people downloading mods for Skyrim on Nexus Mods and then gone "how do we monetize that?".... we then saw them trying to turn modders into a form of income with the whole paid mods debacle on steam, when that blew up in their face they then went and made the creation club for Skyrim and Fallout 4, those being single player games meant they couldn't control people the way they wanted because people could still download mods outside of creation club, which then leads to Fallout 76, which in retrospect is a rushed product that I believe was made because they want to control mods and in tern sell "official" mods.

Kolt likes this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Bethesda execs killing mods, circa late 2010's

[​IMG]

Their open world games wouldn't have anywhere near the online presence or popularity without the PC modding scene. Just look at the games that have come out since the start of this console generation, they've been left behind and I don't see any improvement on the horizon. Every piece of news that comes out seems to affirm the rot that's in Bethesda.

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Why do people even continue to order crap related to Bethesda Games?

This is why they continue to do this, cuz people keep buying their crap.

Stop supporting, so there is no need to complain.

Let them run out of business.

SpajdrEX likes this.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Sorry, but that kind of logic makes no sense.
    Why would anyone want them to go out of business?

Fallout 76 was a disappointment, a mistake... and a big misstep. Yes.
    But, even with that, you know for a fact, when Starfield is released... it will sell insanely well. Same with Elder Scrolls 6.

And even then, as long as they keep publishing titles like DOOM, Wolf, PREY and DisHonored... they are not going to have any problems financially.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Fallout 76 being offered for $19 along with the elite controller, this is Australian prices on JB HI-FI website.... kinda interesting.

[​IMG]

I just got a PowerA Xbox One Sandstorm Camo controller, it's pretty cool.... xD

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @KissSh0t How much for red dead redemption 2?

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ

KissSh0t likes this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    $79, I don't have a console though, I got the controller for my pc.... xD

Looks like this Fallout 76 special is for all controllers not just the elite, I guess JB HI-FI have lots of left over copies.

[​IMG]

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol they'll be keeping it at check out counters like candy any day now :D That's a nice controller ... I had a lunar white xbone controller but had to replace it with the ordinary black one. Still, great controller. Welcome to the Flexible PC Master Race :p

KissSh0t likes this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I had the Logitech F310 Wired Controller but it's kinda crap for new games but it was really cool for retro emulator games xD

Does that mean Fallout 76 is junk food now :T

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Junk, yes. Food? I wouldn't recommend it :p

12. bubz

bubz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1070
    I cannot launch it since release, getting an launcher error.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well surprise surprise, another day another price drop, cdkeys now has the PC version for £9.99, and you can get 3% more off by checking out their FB page for a discount code.....this lift it seems will just not stop. lol

14. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I think anyone actually interested in buying the game, would have by now. An extra pound or two isn't going to make any difference.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    this thing needs to be put out of its misery.

bethesda is kinda fd tho, if the game drops to 5 dollars because noone will touch it, but if they they say f it make it f2p tomorrow, anyone that paid anywhere near retail is going to be pissed.

but if they just ignore that and try to let it ride that is going to anger people also.

i say pull the game take 3 4 months bust ass fixing and improving the thing and relaunch it. just yank the servers down, until then. if they do it properly at lest make the game playable, and improve some game systems and decisions. they could relaunch in a "clean slate" state, in that it has not been an endless trainwreck of gaffs since 76 launched. a month or two breather from all this would do bethesda and the game some good.

kinda what WB/rocksteady did for arkham knight they simply pulled the entire game took a few months got it playable and relaunched it. worked out decently for that game. and whatever beth is doing now is not working.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Yeap, and that is the catch 22 this game is in now, why buy the game today when you can wait another day and see if it drops again, i for one would buy it for £10 but why should i when it is dropping so consistently, i may as well wait at this stage and see just how low this thing can go, and i doubt i am the only one doing this. lol

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    if it hasnt already been said i will be the one to say that im lapping it all up as i have been vocal about bethesda and its pissy poorly treatment of its own fan base for years and we went through so much drama on so many different ocassions with so many different games its now time to finally pay the piper like EA did with battlefront two and then with new battlfield you can only rinse them so much before they eventually turn on you./ for every DOOM 2016 we had a RAGE 1 release *(megatextures!!!)* and for every Prey game we ended up with a DISHONOR 2 FALLOUT 4 WOLFINSTEIN 2 FALLOUT 76 the fan base sense of unease has been lurking for far too long and its time they hit back full force to bring about positive change and to think it all began with a simple set of horse armor lol

reap what you fkin sow bethesda

ill tell you another thing we as consumers are sick and tired of being shoved into a corner to constantly be made to pay pay pay when all we get in return are broken incomplete base games we pay good money for and the shitty fix it all up later industry culture that sees us all play a constant waiting game for countless oh we now released beta patch v1.12 to enjoy what should have been fixed before release and if it isnt fixed delay the darn game until it is we are a very patient lot and completely understand that the more patiences we have the better the end product will be. dont rush it out to start earning money back quick only to then lose double that money because you did exactly that if it isnt cooked hold it off until it is then the game can speak for itself and sales will come cos if we feel rewarded and our needs full filled we will act in kind but if not we are sick of it all and the revolt that is happening has been brewing for years much like the crypto mining bubble that has now burst consumers being treated like sh*t has now too. enough is enough yer you had a good run but now its our turn to get the better deal because we made you what you are today and stuck with you through all the crap you shovelled our way and that isnt entitlement either its common sense. treat your customer as you yourself expect to be treated and we will no longer settle with constantly getting the short end of the stick as if thats our lot and thats all we are good for. FK THAT SH*T.

if i were an industry insider today i would be dismayed at how bad the industry has become and it has all come down to two things one being overly easy access of EXTRAS that by all rights should have remained in the base game but we are made to pay for it like taxation oh u want that shiny sword PAY UP oh you like the look of that shield and helmet PAY UP!!! oh btw our game is now a live service and if we add an extra mission once a week we expect you to pay for it stop the onslaught nickle and diming us and give us a worthy base product then MAYBE down the road i will consider giving you that little bit extra if i deem it both worthy and necessary if not I shouldnt even need ti to begin with and the game should feel feature complete without. fkin season pass fkin battle pass fkin pass.

bethesdas very own it just works moniker title now only stands for our level of pure incompetence it just works lol

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    cerebus23, Kolt and lucidus like this.
  18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i apologies for the above passive agressive post all some times i get caught up in the moment and cos i am passionate about my fave hobby I can sometimes go a little too far when tryin to get my point over to you no likes and no reply since i wrote it all tells me i took it too far. soz I will reel it in from now on

19. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Nah, your rant was fine. Justified even. I think it's just been said too many times now and a lot of us have moved on from this drama :p

cerebus23 and lucidus like this.
  20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    its bethesda's own fkery now that dark rum garbage, the bag the rum, all this ongoing stuff is focused around marketing and the products they pushed as ok, and how they treated customers when they complained.

the game bugs and systems are bad enough on their own merits, no doubt but its like there is a collective effort out of bethesda to see how fast they can destroy their customer relations.

we have moved on, not sure bethesda is ready yet.

Kolt likes this.