The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Totally agree that eye candy is super important :D No eye candy - no play :D The Aorus water block looks ridiculously cool. If I had a water cooled system, I'd buy that.

Shataan and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I've the EVGA SC Ultra, and while the cooling is good, if there's some AIO water-cooling solution released within next year i'm totally considering it.
    Those new cards runs hot and i like silence :oops:

3. StefanInter9

StefanInter9 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 GTX
    Got myself the msi gaming x trio. Everything fine so far. Happy with the performance.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    *Relieved* Buying the 2080-Ti was a huge financial bet for me, as i'm both working on a game and get some income from youtube.

While i've been doing 100$ monthly from youtube for a couple years, back in september i really didn't felt like i needed to update my setup in any way nor did i planned a budget for it. But i knew that it would benefit my production with higher quality content to promote my game, and higher Youtube traffic from benchmark etc... with the 2080-Ti.
    Highest i had earned in a month on youtube was 450$ last december, so i thought i might be able to cover half the cost within the end of the year if i go 200% on youtube.
    Anyway, bought the card and spammed youtube content as much as i could for those last couple months, cut some monthly expenses and ended up making around 450$ monthly since october from youtube.
    Really feel relieved as i really didn't have the budget for it with my already tight budget and it stressed me so much for those last couple months.

<- Happy gamedev :rolleyes:

yasamoka, Netherwind, pharma and 2 others like this.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    How do you make money from it, from views, ads?

XenthorX likes this.
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Ads. Posting gameplay from various games, but most my followers are Star Citizen backers and Unreal Engine devs.

I put an ad. every 20min. which is rather fair when you see large channel putting 3 ads in 10-12min videos.

This crysis video for instance brought over 100k views, made a bit less than 100$, was really cool for a single video. What counts more than views tho is watchtime, it's really the true indicator of how much you're gonna make. This crysis video for instance, people watched in average 2min40sec. , while most my Star Citizen gameplay videos, people watch for over 12min. which make them much more profitable:

In comparison, this 23min. Star Citizen video was watched in average 4min., made 25k less views, yet brought around 150$. I did put 3 ads: start& end of video plus one in the middle:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  7. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I probably wouldn't have bought mine either if I wasn't able to get so much back from my 1080ti. Glad I did though, great card overall for 4k and vr. I really need to get into youtube...feels like I'm missing out. I always assumed it was super hard to make money from.

XenthorX likes this.
  8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    @XenthorX Imagine if Crysis became open source and the game got new maps/worlds, new 2018 physics and graphics, stories/missions/co-op as well as beastly AI, sound improvements practically everything kept evolving through the community. I'd imagine it would have been amazing.

Imagine if in 5 - 10 years time Battle Royale games were 80+ players with such dense forrests like that runnning at 120+ fps. Using the trees etc to your advantage like it was jungle films.

Imagine if at a point such dense foliage and shadows never became an fps drain with so many players in an area.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    pharma and XenthorX like this.
  9. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Finally I have received my RTX 2080Ti which does looks like have Samsung VRAM chips,didn't tried on air what temperatures etc

Got two waterblocks, one is EK RTX 2080Ti Vector Acetal Copper and second is Bykski RTX 2080Ti with display and backplate, on my build thinking go with EK reluctantly

With bit of luck this weekend I should be running RTX and will be doing few tests etc and decide if I will keep it or will be putting this card to friend build

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Just testing card on friend build Asus Maximus X Formula with 8086k as on my build I can't put there card as ports don't line up properly with my other GPUs and will need to rethink how to do run 1*GTX1080Ti and 2*GTX1080 and RTX 2080Ti together

Using my EK RTX 2080Ti Vector Acetal Copper block, temperatures are not bad but expected bit better temperatures, tried NT-H1 and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and best temperatures getting with NT-H1 which is bit unexpected, temperatures are in 38-40°C

OC +135MHz on core is max, +650MHz on VRAM, I expected again bit more on core for sure

Tried MSI Afterburner 4.6.0 Beta 9 and OC scanner feature which works beautifully with default voltage, power limits and temp limit, but when I raise voltage, power limit to max, temp limit as well, both screens go black which is strange, I did leave PC turned on for more than hour and still screens are still black, fans are spinning and sometimes I see displays will turn on with no signal etc, did you have similar experience or issue?

On friend loop there is EVGA P2 1200w I think and don't think is PSU as it is 3 months old

Thanks, Jura

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Everything still seems to be running ok with mine, no dead cards yet :D

Superposition 1080P Extreme.

[​IMG]

Superposition 4K Optimized.

[​IMG]

XenthorX, BangTail and pharma like this.
  12. Rocky Choi

Rocky Choi Guest

GPU:
    For those who has ZOTAC 2080 ti extreme AMP version, could you upload bios file using https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ or something else.
    Because I have non extreme version and would like to try to install it on my ZOTAC 2080 ti amp version.
    Thanks

13. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Just booked a
    EK-Vector RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi water block. But not bought the card yet. Waiting for Christmas sales to see if the prices drop. Might get me a Palit..I think these cards are super expensive. Just hope they are future proof

XenthorX and pharma like this.
  14. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Palit RTX 2080Ti are cheapest right now, its based on reference PCB and choosing right one is usually down to warranty and after sale

If I would building single GPU and CPU loop then I would suggest get Phanteks or Heatkiller waterblock than EK, have EK RTX 2080Ti Vector Acetal Copper block and have as well Bykski one and Bykski looks and feels like better block

Have used Phanteks or Heatkiller WB on few builds and they're been my favourite blocks

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

darrenj likes this.
  15. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I am thinking when the
    time is ripe... of getting this card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 11G-P4-2487-KR, 11GB GDDR6, iCX2 & RGB LED

I have the 1080ti version of this. I really dig the iCX cooling solution.

Maddness likes this.

16. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    I have sold my GTX 1070 and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my RTX 2080 Ti. The last time I had a card this ridiculous was when I had the 8800 GTX at launch, when the Ultra didn't even exist yet. Given Nvidia (and much less AMD) and their slowing progression between generations as of late I figure I'm set for probably a few years. That, and I wanted to improve my 4K gaming since I already had the monitor for that.

pharma and Maddness like this.
  17. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That should be one very nice upgrade.

18. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Looks like Galax 380W is best BIOS for RTX 2080Ti, this one I will be trying probably this week

Friend have normal Gaming AMP I think with waterblock and his best OC is 2040-2055MHz, he is now running Galax 380W BIOS and his best OC is 2088MHz

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

19. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    OK guys all 4 GPUs are now in my PC, been bit pain get them there, now running RTX 2080Ti in top slot, 2nd slot GTX1080Ti and other two slots GTX1080's, power draw in rendering is at 1000-1150W from wall

With fans spinning at 750-850RPM temperatures are on GTX1080's at 32-34°C, GTX 1080Ti temperatures are in 33-34°C and on RTX temperatures are in 38-40°C

All cards are OC'ed, RTX is with 2074MHz, GTX1080Ti with 2113MHz and 1080's with 2164MHz and 2100MHz

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

The1 likes this.
  20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Thanks Jura I already have a full-fledged system, great water cooled, delided i7 8700k, Asus 1080ti. Just to change out the graphics card if needed

Question is, SHOULD I BUY A 2080ti? Is it worth moving from my 1080ti? [​IMG]

-Tj-, BangTail and jura11 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.