AMD Zen 2 "Rome" 64-core processor Photo up close

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 7, 2018.

1. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    im really curious as to how it will perform vs 2p with latency sensitive tasks, given that this is basically the first non-numa 64core platform.

2. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    [​IMG]

3. quantum hacker

quantum hacker Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275 - 896 MB
    Tuna is okay but I like Salmon better

user1 likes this.
  4. AMDfan

AMDfan Guest

GPU:
    280X
    AMD Rome server CPU's will gain enough money for AMD to start developing even faster products.
    Also in the GPU market they will get back, first priority was to start earning money... gain money for R&D, the rest comes later

tunejunky likes this.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm gonna stop you right there. This is your only warning.

tunejunky likes this.
  6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    extrapolating existing models (you can't account for new arch.) i'd say 4.5-4.8 per core, all cores utilized. single core over 5kHz just from die shrink for the consumer variant. for the Epyc line, most likely 3.5 -3.8 kHz on all cores...which is frankly amazeballs.

7. Monolyth

Monolyth Meow Mix Kills

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3090Ti
    It's definitely a cycle: Intel w/86->P3, AMD w/Athlon, Intel w/Core. Now the pendulum begins to swing again. And more accurately swing towards the middle where use case / feature-sets becomes more important then "performance king" titles.

8. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    I'm pretty sure this is fake but I heard zen2 works with z390 motherboards. Again, I really think this is fake.

Edit: I hope it's true.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    We're talking about AMD here, not Intel. AMD patched their vulnerabilities earlier in the year and have not had a real vulnerability announced since.

If AMD's initial public statements regarding backwards compatibility hold true, Zen2 will work on all AM4 based motherboards so long as the boards can support the power requirements of the installed processor.

This particular processor won't work on an AM4 board though, as it's a datacenter/server processor.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I highly doubt it will work with a z390 board, being that it is the Intel platform.

11. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Let us hope so..... Just because you don't hear of something doesn't mean its gone and or fixed.

Kinda weird that AMD drops a new series.of chips and Intel gets hit with monster hardware vulnerabilities. I mean both did in a sense, but intel has been "screwed" to say the least.

Many friends and family in IT and they've said nothing but how their companies have spent millions replacing shtuff for and from these exploits.

Would interesting if AMD held onto said hardware vulnerability information until dropping their new line of zen CPU's....

12. hell_knight

hell_knight Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Keep in mind these puppies for 2019 christmas contest boss!

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If you are post hunting 50, try to do it somewhere out of sight. Like in pub or some boring subsection nobody uses. Maybe just one thread, have funny conversation in pub... You have time till 25th.