Escape from Tarkov

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Feed_Bucket, Nov 25, 2015.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If the developers aim was to make me hate them then they have succeeded..

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  2. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Anyone plays this here? How does it work, fps?

3. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    I play it sometimes, but been a while since last time. The FPS was horrible then, but if i recall correctly they did release a performance update since so it might have gotten better.

Don't expect some fast paced shooter. This is pretty hardcore stuff, except for factory map xD

4. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    I have been playing for a couple of months and i love it. Despite it's (many) flaws i have never played a game as intens as this.

Runs ok on my old pc. A bit of stuttering and frame drops but 8GB and the old cpu surely doesn't help.

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    What PC do you have, specs? What resolution?

I'm interested in this engine they use, Unity.

6. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Can't speak for him, but i'm running:
    16GB 3200Mhz
    1080Ti
    1440p monitor

Had around 30-70'ish fps depending on map and location on map with mixed medium and high settings.

7. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    2500K 4.6
    8GB 1600Mhz
    1060GTX
    1080p

Mostly medium settings. Set up to see other players better. Found the settings in a thread on the forum if i remember correctly.

Around 60fps most of the time. It does drop pretty low for a second or two sometimes and it doesn't look that good with these settings.

8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Thanks guys.

Anyway, it's on line game so this could be the reason for lags and those short low fps drops.

9. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Why is this game considered "STALKER'ish" when I don't see anything in the gameplay that's remotely like stalker?

10. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    People are so desperate for a game similar to stalker that they are ready to attribute it to anything! :p

Jk, I don't have the game but I am considering it,

S.T.A.R.A.C. likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This game is like Pokemon but the pokemon are guns.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh its made by russians (i think) it is set in a run down Chernobyl type industrial area, and stalker is considered one of the more "gritty" realish fps out there, so it does hit many of the "stalker" hallmarks.

beyond that there are no supernatural elements, or any connections to stalker far as i know.

but all this has made certain that i will never check out or care about this game attacking reviews and critique as "fake news' and getting stuff taken down is beyond the pale.

13. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    It having traders is about as close as it gets to stalker.

Ive been playing since the closed alpha. Ive never seen such a try hard, elite pvp, sweaty game as Tarkov.

It can be great, It can be one of the best fps ive ever played for immersion and firefights. And then it can be so broken that its laughable.

BangTail likes this.
  14. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Why broken?

15. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Sometimes the ai is like an aimbot, Sometimes they are frozen.

But more common, Some that happen at random are...
    Can't loot bodies, Can't reload, locked in anim cycles, Bullets not registering even when shooting a guy im on comms with in the face, Memory leak on certain maps, Questing glitches, none existent anti cheat ( personal gripe )

And the thing that annoys me the most is that most ammo types have a fragmentation chance.

So, Its armour penetration damage , if the round has any, Blunt damage. The armour absorbs some damage and then fragment chance meaning that its literally rng if the round counts or not.

16. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Apologies if that comes across a bit hostile, Just what I could think of while walking

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I'm in total agreement, it definitely has some 'Fu*king A' moments but it is so broken and buggy that I can't justify devoting any significant amount of time to it.

18. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    As with anything Beta, it's still in development. Let's hope it only needs balancing patches when launched.
    I'm into the beta and honestly waiting for the offline play. I don't have the energy to pursue kit and skill levels.

I really love the concept though, so I bought one of the expensive pre-ordered to support them.
    I'm quite the fan of eastern EU games. Stalker, Vampire: the masuerade, Metro, Witcher and even on some levels Survarium ( what a waste :( )

S.T.A.R.A.C. likes this.
  19. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    My bad in the mistitle. Be in mind I created the post 3 years ago before we had a more solid understanding of what the game is.
    slick3 was right though, desperation for another Stalker game led to my naivety. Oh, how young and innocent I was back then.

20. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    True.