Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Arthur Morgan will go down in history as one of he greatest characters of all time in video games.
    Rockstar knows line no one else knows to craft great characters and again deliverers a masterpiece in that area.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They sure did. OUTTA THE DAMN WAY/10 :D

I'm playing it like a witcher fan boy though lol. Two guns on my back at all times and all my horses are named Roach :D

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    no idea if this has already been shared with u guys but its honestly one of the best videos Ive seen in some time

eer sure it criticism the game but its a much much deeper rabbitt hole if you care to watch it in full and has many valid points i think you may actually end up agreeing with agree or disagree if you wish it should bring up some interesting discussion points either way..

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    millibyte likes this.
  4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    ^Great video. Never thought about it that much, but everything he says is probably why I never finished GTAIV or V.

5. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Didn't watch the video but does it touch on every mission is basically

Go to this area
    Make red dots on map go away and possibly rescue someone / have a get away chase?

Rinse repeat

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Ok finally watched after work. Great video.. He does touch on my guess but he goes so much further. Fantastic video actually. His points are very very valid.

I highly recommend everyone watch it

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    If you take the memes and useless strong langage/slur out, this video could last 1min30-2min.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i watched it finally, so tldr he says that since gta 4 ish rockstar changed gears.

Instead of making open world games and fiitting a story into it. they made the worlds around the story.

So now they sublimated the open world to the story elements, where in older games, you could subvert some missions by doing things unconventionally and completing things or advancing things, now thing more often than not grind to a halt because the game wants you to talk to someone to begin the mission chain.

So you got two diametrically opposed elements of design, open world, vs directed. And they are going to clash somewhere, and while his video may be overly long to say it, it is the kind of criticism only a super fan that has played alot of these games would probably be able to make,

rockstar still writes great characters and good stories that is going to carry them for awhile, but this is something that could grow as a flaw over time these opposed design decisions.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is there any way to find out how much time I've spent playing this game (PS4)? I'm half way through epilogue 2 with 81% completion right now.

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Ps4 doesn't track hours played like Steam etc..

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Two options, the phone companion app, or if it's in your top 3 most played games you can see the hours here: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/my-ps4-life/

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I did try that link from your earlier post before posting but for some reason it skipped my RDR2 playthrough entirely ... it should be an easy #2 in the list and none of the trophies were counted. I'll check out the app. Dunno why it isn't in the social club.

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yeah the lack of stats is massively lame, sadly my phone is too old for the app but I'm trying to get it working on my PC with an Android emulator as I'm curious what kind of information it gives you :)

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It just opened safari and took me to the social club website :p I liked being able to read the journal in the phone though, that was probably the only interesting thing I could see in it. I couldn't find the playtime data though :( That video had god of war @ 55 hours ... damn.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Finally finished the game with 85.2% completion! I wish the epilogue had a lot less shooting, I was really tired of the whole thing at that point. I'll get a couple more trophies and wrap it up. Probably my best impulse purchase all year as I was intending to wait for PC lol. The current patch made it a bit buggy though, I hope it ends up fixed. Just now I saw invisible Charles working around the place and in the ending cutscene for chapter 4, Arthur turned into Mr. Negative from spiderman for some reason lol.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I'm replaying it atm because Arthur gets different missions when your morale is positive. I was playing like a real outlaw the 1st time. And a real asshole. xD

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I finished the game with max +ve honor :D Asshole Arthur has the best lines though - A: "Nice animal you've got there!", "Thank you!", A: "I was talking to the horse." omg :D

DocStrangelove likes this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Opps wrong thread i think :p

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  19. lol that made me chuckle - I cuss like a sailor; I'd make that guy sound like a saint... *shrugs* eh what can you do - I thought it was a good but damn long video too, guess he has a meme addiction lol...

XenthorX likes this.
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU: