NVIDIA TITAN RTX Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    At 2500 bucks the NVIDIA TITAN RTX is very expensive and targeted at the professional market. People however will always run games on them. A PC enthusiast named ‘Death’, shared ...

NVIDIA TITAN RTX Benchmarks

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Never thought I'd say this but, RTX 2080Ti is a great value for gaming!

*cries*

Solfaur, reix2x, fantaskarsef and 4 others like this.
  3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Community: PC gaming is a cheaper hobby than traveling or cars.
    Novidia: Hold my beer.
    Community: Hold my kidneys...

Neo Cyrus, reix2x, H83 and 3 others like this.
  4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    So the average thing is, 10% faster for 100% more price. I won't comment further. Nvidia is on a rampage against the majority of PC community.

Jagman likes this.

5. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    That's the point of overpriced cards, to make less overpriced cards seem reasonable for plebs.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    In before defending it starts:rolleyes: :p

But, but it's not a gaming GPU blabla bla..

It "may not be", but it sure isn't worth that kind of money, not for that kind of performance.

HonoredShadow, Fender178 and Jagman like this.
  7. MK80

MK80 Active Member

GPU:
    RX7900xtx
    2700 euros nice.....

8. @man_daddio

@man_daddio Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti 11Gb
    Most people are complaining and probably didn't even realize that the RTX 2080ti is a Founder Edition. All the non founder edition cards are much faster and pretty overclockable. My son and I have one. And the RTX Titan is priced accordingly. It's supposed to replace to tighten V I suppose. That was $3,000 or more so Nvidia did lower the price. I still don't know what all the complaints are about. My son and I are one hundred percent happy with our 2080ti cards. They eat everything up for breakfast lunch and dinner. And as an added perk we both have a 9900k. A perfect pair.

9. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    LOL! Thanks for giving me a laugh this morning :D

10. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Its better valuefor money than the RTX Titan... but not great value for money with regards to anything else. If it was around 850 bucks then sure. But at 1200 bucks that's just nGreedia gouging.

11. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Great card for professionals, data scientists and such. Does AMD offer a 24gb ECC memory single GPU card at a lower price?

12. AlbertX

AlbertX Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1070
    I am tired of this sort of comparisons, Yes RTX card have many flaws, are overpriced and all you care.

But using 3Dmark to compare is plain and nonsense.

The reason being, that RTX have many optimizations, mesh shader, VRS, 2 instructions per shader on FP16 and so on, that if 3Dmark used it will make a big difference in performance.

A Mclaren F1 may go faster than a monster truck on asphalt road, but lets try the same on a rocky mountain road and see what happens.

Yes, for TODAYS games they are not great, but I am sure once games start using many of these new features and optimizations we are going to see a clear advantage.

But then of course what we are going to see is people claiming Nvidia is nerfing old cards trough driver.

DLG likes this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If only had more raytracing cores so people can say atleast performans better in ray tracing but meh.

Like someone above said, this makes 2080ti a good deal, lol.

14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Neither Quadro equivalents have more RT cores. With low RayTracing performance for RTX 20 series, one would wonder why TITAN and Quadros don't have the double RT cores amount for that kind of money? Answer: RT for consumers is at alpha stage, not even beta yet. Good luck for them.

15. MK80

MK80 Active Member

GPU:
    RX7900xtx
    i get 29 458 graphics score fire strike, 21 281 physics score and combined score 10 756. 2080 msi duke 800 euros no full OC.... time spy 12 050.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    RT cores are linked to the ALUs - you can't double the number of RT cores without doubling the number of CUDA cores which would double the chipsize.

People doing 3D work don't require 60fps raytracing. With an Optix supported renderer they can preview their scene in relatively high quality in less than a second - down from 15 seconds or so on previous cards. Real time RT isn't required. What is required though is lots of VRAM - which again the Titan provides over the 2080Ti along with other performance increases via driver enhancements not enabled on geforce cards.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    yasamoka and warlord like this.
  17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Thanks for the educational post, some things surely are tied to chip design, I never read or studied Turing arch tbh, I was making an unfounded assumption then.

18. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    NV stocks are going to fall even further now. keep it going NV :)

warlord likes this.
  19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Who cares. JHH will compensate for investors.

20. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    looks like ill be skipping this whole series with the way pricing. Normally u can spend the same as the previous gen and get a reasonable upgrade in performance with the way it is now ill be looking at a 2060 for the same money as i payed for my 1080 and there's no way ill be going backwards in performance lol.