Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19 (18.12.2) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 13, 2018.

1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'd thought my system had crashed earlier when I was around to see, left it on while I went to make breakfast for myself. Anyway, I came back and saw that my opened tabs had somehow been reduced in size. Check on my fans by looking at my card, saw that they weren't spinning. Checked on Wattman and saw that, as I'd suspected, it had reverted to 'Balanced' instead of 'Custom', so I've had to adjust my custom fan curve on Wattman a 2nd time in about a day....definitely not a good sign! I'll prolly go back to the more reliable 18.12.1.1 later since it doesn't seem to have any issue at all while I was using it before upgrading to 18.12.2

2. AMcieK

AMcieK Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 DD
    So i have something like this , but for me vega start run without restart . So only few sec freez black screen and welcome desktop .
    Today have freez on stock settings . Just open ccc and bam freez and drivers restart .

3. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    For GCN 1.0 i would understand the legacy support, but the 390 is a DX12 feature level 12_0 card and doesn't deserve to be placed in the same category as a DX12 11_1 card.

Though i'm too waiting for NAVI.

warlord likes this.
  4. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I'm seeing a rather large increase in FPS in Runescape (an OpenGL, single-core game) when CPU bottlenecked (area with the most people) with this driver and a slight increase in Desmume (also OpenGL).

Jackalito, BlackZero and OnnA like this.

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Bah, definitely gonna have to go back to 18.12.1.1, just froze on me while I was transferring some files from one external drive to another. Had to use hard reset again.....never had such an issue with previous drivers.

Jackalito likes this.
  6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    How gpu drivers are relevant to this issue? o_O

7. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I too had quite a few hangs and crsshes, but i attributed them to insider program. I kept getting event id 10016 which is a permission level error, I DID a fresh install on a fresh os (not insider build this time) and so far so good. Bfv ran butter smooth for a couple hours with no hicups.

8. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    Updated to this driver and now I don't have freesync.

[​IMG]

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Well, it is when the freezes and hangs I've experienced thus far occurred when I had installed this driver (IF you'd read my posts here, I've had a few such occurrences of freezes and a crash or two). Previous drivers had no such issues...

10. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Hmm, do you have crashdump or a sreenshot from system log?

11. fargod

fargod Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    Rambo and Jackalito like this.
  12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Is it me, or did they change from that stupid core clock percentage to MHz to over/underclock in Wattman with this driver? Or did they change this before?

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Question to people with tonga gpus (r9 285, 380, 380x) on windows 10 1809: anyone having weird artifacting in videos (media players and web browser players like youtube, etc.), horizontal straight lines? May be hard to notice but i see something like that on my 380. I'm not sure if this is a driver issue or maybe a display port cable or something else. In media player classic i have changed renderer to other, restarted player and still the same. Clean reinstalled driver and still have this weird artifacting.

Never had it ever before.

Seems like using madvr "fixed" the problem but as i said, it is not a fix as i have never had such thing ever before using regular "evr custom" in mpc.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    No, all good here. R9 380 - all stock - latest driver - no 3rd party programs.

15. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Ok, thanks.

16. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    Same

17. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I think i'm going to have to roll back to the last driver. I'm booting to a black screen every first boot and only way is to hit the reset button to fix it. Unplugging and plugging in the HDMI cable won't fix it on my RX480.

18. Aquarad

Aquarad Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro 480/4Gb
    "Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off."
    The only problem I've had since 18.2.1 with cursor lag and freeze is fixed!

19. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I know I was talking about scaling of metrics window in Radeon overlay, it was a bit smal for hi dpi monitors, AMD did just that. Now I have 32” and it’s still useful.

It’s was really nice to see that AMD put more care in user experience.

20. steviejay

steviejay Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX6800 16GB
    I mean like I nuked 1809 (Windows 10).

In other news, I've updated to 18.12.3 and Radeon Settings is prompting me to update to 18.12.2 - make your mind up!