GeForce 417.35 Game Ready WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Aside from your caricatural rant and regarding your upscaling point, there's also DLSS 2X coming (and was feature with the Infiltrator demo i was referring to earlier), it's DLSS AA at same resolution. I think the challenge with DLSS is the quality of the training scene, it really needs to be the hardest part as far as AA is concerned (thin geometry in the distance, vegetation, hair, writings,..).

DLSS is promoted for better performance, DLSS 2X is where the image quality will shine imo, with no temporal dependance, no TAA ghosting or blur, really looking forward to it. The next version of Unreal Engine, 4.22 add DXR support, i don't know when Nvidia will make DLSS support also available.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's just a straight up lie, and yeah, the exact opposite has been proven again and again by Digital Foundry, if you've paid any attention.

"Many". Is it three games? Or four?

I'm waiting on you providing ANY proof to what you've said earlier about NV's DLSS marketing materials.
    So far you've failed to provide it and managed to highlight yourself as a shill by calling me one.
    See no reason why anyone would take you seriously from this point and on, shill.

It's more than that since MLAA doesn't reconstruct resolution, only color edges. The reason why DLSS affect high frequency data is simple - it's not native res and any resolution reconstruction will give worse results than native res. The idea behind DLSS is either performance or quality. So far we've only seen 1x mode which is about performance.

tensai28 and Witcher29 like this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    most of the xbox games run at the equivalent of PC Medium settings and then aren't even a full 1080 res.

4. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    This driver works good on Battlefield V and it feels somewhat smoother than previous WHQL. No game breaking issues so far. Tested on 1070, 970 and 750Ti.

5. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    What about Spider-Man settings? Yes, it isn't xbox but people often say consoles are at best medium details. It looks better than medium. Considering the face detail. Even God of War looks gorgeous.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    Anyone playing escape from tarkov, kingdome come deliverance or tomb raider here? Wondering how these drivers compare to 417.22. I have a gtx 1080.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I hate to point out the obvious, but there are no settings you can compare those games to. They are exclusive to the PS4.
    Saying "Medium settings" like it's a blanket term for how a game looks is disingenuous. At best, its KIND OF a blanket term for how the game should perform (depending on when the game came out), not how they look.

It's a simple equation here. More horsepower = more graphics. While it's true that you can pull some optimization strings to get some awesome looking graphics on a console, a (expensive) gaming PC could always look and perform better. I doubt Spider-Man would be 30 FPS on my PC like it is even on the PS4 Pro for example.

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Yep but it has been practically the same discussions that I can remember as far back as 2005 to this very day.

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Then I'm not sure what your point is. If spiderman was a true PC game it would perform much better and could look much better. The trade off is the entry price of a PC that could do it. That was true in 2005 and it's true now.

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    That people keep using the medium term at best. Even the majority of games on PC are console ports. Which most have been complaining about since at least 2008.

Even Battlefield V while it looks gorgeous I don't find it leaps and bounds the way people seem to think.

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    This is a tired discussion born of ignorance and has no place in a thread about a display driver. To take BF5 as an example, I can run it at a higher resolution, further view distance, and 3-4 times the frame rate. I consider that leaps and bounds better, but it's as usual completely subjective.

12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    So what was a console post doing in the thread then. The discussion was running longer than what we have. You're aware that's how discussions work on discussion boards. Topics drift back and forth.

Now if games looked like those Unreal forrest/lighting demos, now that would be leaps and bounds.

13. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    These drivers seem to have some bug with performance states when using default power profile in control panel.
    When using 'Optimal Power' GPU is under-clocked in many GPU heavy scenes in games. I went back to 416.81, rebooted PC and all if fine again.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Farcry 5 performance issue with this driver has now been irrefutably proven to be the result of KB4471332.

15. jmcc

jmcc Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060 12GB
    Not a fair comparison, console games are much better optimized compared to PC games.

16. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    lower performance since installed KB4471332? i´m have bottleneck in shadow of tomb raider (never see before .194 CU even in same game scenes) and lower cpu score points in cpu-z and winrar

17. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    That's not entirely the truth. A lot of ports do seem to run on some high or ultra settings. But never, ever across the board. Almost always they get brutalized in at least one or two major areas: Lighting and shadows. Then often enough, they'll get gutted in anything that's very alpha effect heavy, like foliage and such. But a lot of games are sporting the highest or near highest detailed models and textures now, at least, on all the non-Switch platforms. Stuff, at least, has come a long way from last gen. A lot more major games are 60 FPS, that much is true, but not nearly enough for it to be worth noting.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Consoles don't even use 16xAF..No need to say more.

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, XBX does this everywhere at least.

20. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Sure dude...hold on while I go sell my 2,000usd+ desktop for an xbox since it performs the same.:rolleyes:

Jericho2013 and fantaskarsef like this.