Shadow of the Tomb raider

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im 56hrs in, and 91% of the game done, and still got to go back to finish some previous areas off.

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    RTX support coming soon guys!

[​IMG]

3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Dammit, I saw the text before I scrolled down enough to see the picture.. I got excited for nothing haha. Still waiting for RTX before I install this one.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    How is it? Seems mixed opinions on this. Gamespot gave it a 6/10, while IGN 9/10. Similarly polarized views from many players. I glanced at some YT walkthroughs and can see some nice stuff but also questionable pacing. Have little patience with unnecessary dialogue with NPCs or fetch quests that pad out the game (like @ the first village). Havent seen much beyond that. Whats your take on it vs TR 2013 and ROTR?

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    They still haven't fixed the audio stutters introduced with the dlc patch :(

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I liked it (Just finished it), wasn't quite as good as Rise, but a good game nonetheless, some of the side missions are a bit meh, but wasn't really that many of them tbh.

I noticed about the last weel of playing, the audio crackling had stopped, still did the cuttiing out though, which was annoying.

Id say if you enjoyed the first 2x, then you should enjoy this one too, even though its probably the weakest of the 3x. :)

alanm likes this.
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Which it should be the best..

Looks like they milked the series to the point it started to get boring. I don't like it much either and visually it also looks worse then earlier, which it also should have been better, like usually by TR series.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    TR2N likes this.
  8. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Amazing how they still haven't implemented RTX and have no concrete details to share. They must be struggling with maintaining performance.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    My guess is that it hasn't been a priority of theirs, and imo it shouldn't be either.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If thats the case then you should not marketed those features months before. You promised something that its not there. It makes you look bad as well as nvidia.

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    The only promise I can find is from their PC tech demo saying: "Thanks to our partnership with NVIDIA, Ray Tracing technology will also be added in a post-launch update."

It may not be Eidos' fault either, perhaps ray tracing is so complicated to inject into a game that wasn't built for it from the start that many bugs prevent a release. Maybe the performance is unacceptable.
    We just don't know. They should have made some sort of announcement about the delay though, that's fair. As many companies are re-learning these days, communication with the fans is of the utmost importance.

Maybe they're also focusing all their efforts on their dlc that was promised to season pass purchasers, the next of which is coming next week:

XenthorX, Kolt and Undying like this.
  12. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Exactly. It'd be nice to have some sort of status update on where we're at in the process.

Kolt likes this.
  13. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    A newer patch has arrived..!
    Link

14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Will they ever fix audio issues? I will not gonna buy this POS. I have a great surround system, I am not willing to compromise audio volume and channel directional stability. Any news about any patch about this? It applies to consoles and PC as I see, it's kinda immersion breaking.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's right there in the patch notes.

warlord likes this.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    allright, i need to wrap this game this week end move on :rolleyes:

17. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    How far are you, and difficulty?

XenthorX likes this.
  18. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Started to play xmas day. Amazing eyecandy and attention to detail though out.
    This game must have cost a shed load of money to make.
    I got it in the sale and now I feel guilty.

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Finally finished the main story with 22 hours played. It says I only found 6 of the 9 optional tombs though so I'm going back for those.

I felt the story was pretty mediocre, just like the other two games but the locations in the game were very well done, Paititi in particular. It was kinda cool to find out Andres Lopez was a real person too, even if he never actually saw Paititi.

20. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Finding this game to be a real TR game. Yes, not played a TR game as good as this since TR3.
    As Little Nicky would say this game is like poppies chicken.