Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19 (18.12.2) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 13, 2018.

1. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    to be fair its kinda worse than the fan ramp settings, its lacks proper hysteresis settings which causes the fan to ramp up and down quickly for me , which is annoying.

edit: also, i would appear there are at least references to polaris 10 auto-oc, so that should be comming eventually.

references to OD8 (presumably overdrive 8) also appear for vega 20 and vega 12, but not vega 10 interestingly

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Jackalito likes this.
  2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I keep getting this error
    compatibility checker offline or internet connection is unavailable

Jackalito likes this.
  3. LM2014

LM2014 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800XT
    Same problem :(

4. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Jesus Christ, and even if they add that, you gonna cry about missing colors im sure.

What am i reading on the internet...

mtrai likes this.
  6. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    This driver is all kinds of weird. Overriding voltage and fan curve doesn't work anymore with Afterburner, it always defaults back to Wattman. Also even if the full screen game and the desktop have the same refresh rate my monitor suddenly acts like I am switching resolutions when I alt+tab out. I think I'll go back to the last diver. This is a mess.

7. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Indeed what am I reading on the internet, your garbage post makes zero sense

8. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
  9. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I am unable to install this driver "clean" , seems to bug out upon initalizing causing a hardlock, this does not happen if an older driver is already installed, probably platform specific, as i am running an odd setup , avoid these if using a pcie 1.0/1.1 era motherboard.

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    My apologies, I overreact sometimes :oops: and by the time those automatic features may become available, I probably will be too busy reading about Navi anyway and as @Fox2232 pointed out, I can already tweak those values manually if I want to. However I failed to mention that Radeon Settings has become much snappier now, where I had to wait ~10s just for it to launch; or not at all, whereas now it launches almost instantly, but unfortunately the Relive overlay disappears after a few toggles, but it's not the end of the world and I've become used to just installing the display driver package.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    LocoDiceGR likes this.

11. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Man, I cannot thank you enough for this warning. I've just put a system together with a Vega 56 and had you not brought this up, my card may have suffered irreversible damage.

I already knew these drivers would be faulty somewhat. It always happens whenever they include so many new features at the same time. And, getting back to the fan control part, once you disable Zero RPM, the fans start spinning; at least once the card hits the first temperature target. Also, I guess you guys have already commented on this, but once you customize the fan curve , the Zero RPM feature stops working. Reinstalling the drivers will fix this, but a faster solution is to switch between Auto and Manual OC; although in my case at least, there's a driver/Radeon Settings crash involved. Maybe that's what ultimately helps bring the Zero RPM function back to its meant state.

Anyway, I'll read all your comments now. Just wanted to give mikeysg a huge shoutout for bringing this up to my attention. Much appreciated, mate! ;)

Cheers! :)

OnnA likes this.
  12. seriousdon

seriousdon Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor Vega64
    Vega64 here (reference powercolor -- still on the leaf blower). Auto fan setting pretty much keeps the fan inaudibly low no matter how hot the card gets. Worse, if you set a manual curve, the fan does not follow the curve, it just ramps from one of your 5 "bullet points", so the net effect is a near hilarious constant change in fan noises making it sound like a rejected jet engine, it sounds like the fan goes from 100% to 0% every 100 microseconds or so, no matter how I set the curve. Worst of all, yet again, afterburner and other 3rd party software cannot control the fan. You can set a flat manual curve and that seems to be ok, but a bit too annoying for me to want to deal with changing it during and after every gaming session.

The driver itself seems good. FINALLY I can test overclocks with the driver reloading rather than the whole PC having to reboot. Not that my card can even get over 1675 mhz but that's another tale =\.

Due to the fan issue I've rolled back to the previous driver as I simply cannot take the noise from the fan, or the heat of auto. Either of which sound like they would break my card.

It does leave a question in my mind though: Did AMD even test this driver on their FLAGSHIP card??? WTF.

Jackalito and OnnA like this.
  13. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i tend to agree with you here. i had to use DDU for the first time in, well since last omega drivers last year. maybe that can help @seriousdon i was having fits getting stability since i upgraded. but after DDU cleaning and reinstall i have seen much improvement.

14. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    Does no one else have the issue that when you Alt+Tab out of a fullscreen game, your monitor acts like you are changing resolutions/refresh rates even though both game and desktop have the same resolution and refresh rate? This never happened before.

This is a feature I want badly too! So you are not alone.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  15. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    Update on this issue on gpu Utils tests i have Ran extensively over the past 2 days
    ----------------------------

Afterburner --- causes overvolt issues when ran in conjunction with these drivers also fan issues
    no scores to report due too voltage instabilities when used in conjunction with 18.12.2
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trixx --- does not have this issue and works without ANY issue with this driver
    1506mhz gpu
    2250mhz mem
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wattman --- does not overclock as well as there is no voltage adjustment over 1200mv and does driver reset in heaven if gpu clock is past 1460mhz ,ram does clock all the way upto 2250mhz(9000mhz true) but does artifact

1460mhz gpu
    2100mhz ram (no artifacts)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackalito, JonasBeckman and OnnA like this.

16. sheppitydawg

sheppitydawg Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX580
    Same here Annoying!

17. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    The mentioned freezing issue seems to be related to the 19H1 Windows Insider Preview. I since reverted to an older build which does not show this problem with the same drivers.

18. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I really like what AMD did with Radeon Overlay, for me it works in every situation now. Driver it self was stable for the biggest part under Win10 x64 & RX 580. Tested with dx9-12 games, ogl, nglide, you name it, they work. Latest Adobe cretive suite works fine, browsers...

Only problem that I have, for some time now, was system freeze only with Chrome while watching Youtube. AMD did mention something similar under fixed issues but it not fixed for me...

A limited number of users may experience a black screen or signal loss when watching YouTube™ videos in full screen mode on Chrome browser.

This is quite a set of features that AMD announced, looking forward for new features. Similar like an Apple how they release almost every year, one big update then they improve it through the year.

OnnA likes this.
  19. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Same, I had one weird issue so far, but it's worrying to say the least, I was simply surfing the net when my screen froze, tried to open Task Manager to no avail. Had to resort to a hard reset, after which, I got an error message telling me that the system has crashed and Wattman has reverted to default (true enough, my Gigabyte RX VEGA 64 Gaming OC card fans weren't spinning, had to set Wattman to Custom and reset the fan curve.

20. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    mine froze up today after playing with auto overclock buttons.....had to hit the reset button so its detfinfly got a pretty bad bug