Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19 (18.12.2) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 13, 2018.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Last time that happened to me, it took a few installs and re-installs using only the driver's clean install option before everything came back.

2. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    Ok, i will try it again and again and again, wth. :mad:

BlackZero likes this.
  3. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Thanks for the tip. And yes, I fiddled around with the new Memory Timing options and set a custom vram voltage which should be safe (900 mV). I'll keep an eye on it.

Interestingly, in some situations where the display freezes, the system is still responsive and alt + tabbing out of the game and into the game again makes it work again (at least until it fails again, but this is very random). I've used a custom profile before which I generated with an older driver version but since these problems started I cleanly re-installed the driver and created a new profile. It turned out that Windows over-installed an older driver over my initial 2019 edition. But I could also re-produce the issue on the clean install with my new profile. :( By the way, I am on the latest 19H1 Insider Preview.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  4. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Like more performances ?

5. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Well then not being able to move slider under 35% is okay, but enabling Zero RPM on RX-Vega should make that as auto and have default temp limit until when fans are not triggered. Simple as that. That is how fans are working in versions until now by default. Hope for quick fix in couple weeks atleast.

Jackalito and BlackZero like this.
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  7. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    Clean Install with DDU.
    380x here.
    Everything seems okay, radeons settings are absolute smooth with the new driver compared to 18.12.1.1

OnnA likes this.
  8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    My man ;) - 380 Gang right here...

OnnA and shakyor like this.
  9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Do you see a fan curve for your R9's?

10. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    I give it up.
    No chance to install these drivers correctly.
    But i´m not the onlyone with this bug.
    Many others have the same problem, but nobody have a solution.

https://community.amd.com/thread/234646

I´m back to 18.12.1 and wait for a solution.

Jackalito likes this.

11. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    with freesync still a solid 1080p med-high card :D

no

12. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I had to install, and uninstall, and reinstall again to get custom fan curve to work for my other rig (i7 3960X + VEGA64), basically the same steps I'd taken with my other rig. Weird, but it works and fan curve seems to have stuck or working, so I'm good......*crosses finger* for now.

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    How is it that AMD failed to provide a fan curve for R9 uses yet we've been enjoying this benefit using MSI AB for several years now?
    That makes absolutely no sense. And lacks sound judgement.

14. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Because then they would have to provide support to a very large user base, in a very short period of time.

Just look at all the people using other third party utilities and then complaining that their drivers etc. don't work. I mean, what do people think, third party software developers have a magic ball that tells them what new features or changes will be present in upcoming drivers, and so have it in their software in advance?

It's common sense really, all you have to do is look at the instructions provided with DDU for e.g., which clearly state that it should only be used if you have an issue and not after every driver install.

Anyway, I'm sure once they've worked out any issues and had longer to test, most features will come for older cards.

Jackalito and HeavySmok like this.
  15. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    On my RX 480 Gaming X the lowest Fan percentage is 18% which makes it kinda useless. In Afterburner I can set it from 0-100. Is there a trick how I can set it lower than 18? At least to 10?

16. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    Now i found a dirty solution for me.
    I´ve installed 18.12.2 completly.
    Then i started 18.12.1.1 user installation and choose radeon settings only.
    That works.
    Now i have 18.12.2 driver, can open radeon settings and have an icon in systray.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm was wondering why responsiveness and startup times of some titles felt a bit odd, seems removing the overlay stuff has resolved it. Probably has less of a effect on a system with a modern SSD and other titles might have less of a delay too but renaming the desktop overlay and host service and just keeping Catalyst Next itself seems to work, it still tries to utilize DVR for something but it is faster.

Previously renaming dvrcmd.exe in C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext worked but that's gone now for this driver. (Someone forgot to remove the task scheduler services for it though so the installer still creates these.) but renaming amdow.exe stops the desktop overlay and renaming AMDRSServ.exe stops the host service. Catalyst Next still functions same as always minus most of the overlay functionality.

Needs more testing, so far just renaming the desktop overlay service and restarting Catalyst Next minus that service didn't really affect said delay noticeably but the host service seems to have had some results although it might have other uses too.
    Personally I'd prefer if this (And the new advisor.) could be toggled in full from the settings but eh this works too and might not be notable on newer systems compared to older HDD ones. :D

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ We can rename:
    AMDRSServ.exe
    AMDRSSrcExt.exe

Or like me (better solution IMO) is to:
    Turn OFF ReLive (In Adrenalin)
    and in Preferences - Show Overlay set to OFF

This solution is for someone (like me) who makes ScreenShoots by ReLive in DX12/VLK games (those that lacks Reshade ;))
    And when not needed (BF1 or BF V) it can be OFF, thus not impacting Latency much (New Adrenalin is less Heavy on Latency BTW)
    You have benefits of this Two Words at hand :D :p

Note:
    Now Overlay works in any game/engine, UE4, TR, BF etc. without impacting Game whatsoever.
    16-37tW when palying MtG Magic Arena :cool: and now it's Bigger & have a green color :eek:

Yes You can now set all of it (on desktop CTR+R) - an easy set-up, before gaming.
    then when in Game just Hit your shortcut for Toggle Overlay and it shows all the goodies (FPS, VRAM etc.)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Apart from my previous "whine" about the lack of automatic overclocking and undervolting for Polaris, I can't say that I've had any issues with this driver so far (only installed the display driver) and are pleased.

OnnA likes this.
  20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I think its pretty logic old cards dont have some new stuff.

Maybe some months from now we will get it properly..just like Enhanced sync.