Article: Radeon Adrenalin 2019 Edition Driver Overview

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 13, 2018.

1. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    Anyone else have clocks locked too powerstate 7 after running 3dmark etc,my rx580 keeps overvolting too 1.292 volts also ,something is definitely not right with these drivers..

Update on this issue
    ----------------------------

Afterburner --- causes overvolt issues when ran in conjunction with these drivers
    no scores to report due too voltage instabilities when used in conjunction with 18.12.2
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trixx --- does not have this issue and works without ANY issue with this driver
    1506mhz gpu
    2250mhz mem
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wattman --- does not overclock as well as there is no voltage adjustment over 1200mv and does driver reset in heaven if gpu clock is past 1460mhz ,ram does clock all the way upto 2250mhz(9000mhz true) but does artifact

1460mhz gpu
    2100mhz ram (no artifacts)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  2. slicer

slicer Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    Yes, I agree! Those are huge things
    Nope, no problem here with 3DMark and powerstates. I can easily now change all powerstates and don't have to use third party tool like OverDriveNTool and its SoftPPT.
    I uninstalled first all my AMD Software, then used DDU in safe mode to clean everything. So basically very clean install.

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Are you using any third party utilities that affect clocks?

I mean, these are brand new reworked drivers, so some third party utilities are going to need some time to get updates out.

4. slicer

slicer Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    Thats true. Thanks to new fan optimization, i could not set fan rpm with old tools. I bet maybe same is with different P states.

BlackZero likes this.

5. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    I am having no artifacting and just went back too 18.12.1.1 and the issue is gone and clocks now return too 300mhz as they should,i will do more testing and report back,i think it may be monitoring software conflicting (AIDA) as tried with and without AB and the issue was the same.

I have just tested shadow of the tombraider benchmark with the 18.12.1.1 driver and again have clocklock and powerlock after closing the benchmark but i will note that no overvolt is present this time so i will dig a little deeper.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  6. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I just tested my RX-590/480 Crossfire system in SotTRaider DX12 mode--and the difference between 18.12.1.1 and these new 18.12.2 drivers is like night and day! The new drivers are much better, at least for my system! DX12 Crossfire is working, apparently. In the older driver set I either had to turn off Xfire for the DX12 mode or else run it in the DX11 mode. I had some odd difficulties installing them, for some reason, but I think that had to do with my Nahimic 3.x audio drivers under Win10--I don't use the AMD sound circuitry--I use the Realtek 1250 on the motherboard, and so every time I install a new Adrenalin driver I have to disable the AMD sound from the Device manager because this version of Nahimic 3.x, 1.2.8, for some very odd reason, does not allow me to select which sound defaults I prefer to use but defaults, always, to the AMD sound output which is not connected or used. Also, I tried to clean install the 18.12.2's initially, which always forces on the AMD sound device--if I simply install one driver over an older one, however, the Adrenalin software is smart enough to leave my device manager settings alone. I really like the so-called "universal" version of Nahimic 3.x, though--it is worth the small aggravations...;)

7. Krzysztof

Krzysztof Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA56
    Hi guys.
    First i look in AOC 5-10fps more :D ! ! ! ! ! than last version driver (am happy) .I play 1920p in VSR from 2560x1920 with ultra set.
    Next: I try in my Vega56 autoOc gpu .Wattman setup me 1725mhz in second Bios (not erase). But in game have no more 1600mhz .Maybe thats Second Bios and Power limit thats issue .
    Next try first Bios but must flashing back from Bios Vega LC64. I try in comtact with you .:)
    Edit: Anyone tell me what is thats new memory timing levels Auto/level 1/level2 ? And which program show me timing memory? Help me pls.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  8. FAQU

FAQU Member

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    The new fan-curve system is pretty messy. It doesn't allow my RX 480's fans to stay at 0% at low temps , the curve itself is linear , the fan speed update period is too small and there is no temperature hysteresis , causing fan speed changes to occur to soon (which results in undesired changes in noise level and unstable temperatures) , and , it also conflicts/overrides my Afterburner custom fan curve.

I'll keep using 18.12.1.1 for the moment.

Sorry for any typos.

9. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Unless something has changed in these drivers, if you don't manually change the fan curve (custom), it will follow whatever is included in the bios from your graphics card manufacturer.

You also can't have two custom fan curves running at the same time, so one has to override the other.

10. FAQU

FAQU Member

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    When left on automatic (no manual change to the fan curve) the fans still act weirder than with 18.12.1.1 , and the Radeon Software still randomly overrides my Afterburner custom fan curve. (by randomly I mean that it sometimes does and sometimes doesn't)

Sorry for possible typos.

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Set on auto, the drivers shouldn't override your bios.

Beyond that, I can only direct you to post #23.

12. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    AMD rules.