Epic Launches Digital Games Store With 88 Percent Revenue Going to Developers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 7, 2018.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I actually believe he uses a great microphone, but his voice sounds electronic, if you've toyed a bit with voice compressor or just voice recording.
    I don't know if it's a bad compressor preset or if he finds it cool to have a deep robot voice but he should look into this:

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea in studio his parents basement or whatever he has a high quality mic, vs that video shot on a decent cell phone and its mic?

shocking his voice sounds a bit tinnier on that video, it certainly does not sound THAT different to me personally, that i suspect he is compressing his audio or fing with the levels or w/e to make him sound more "manly" or whatever.

lol kinda silly we nit picking a guys voice. isnt his content and presentation the important bits? and on both those fronts imo he is solid. he fanbois certain things but hes not afraid to call them out when they warrant it, except maybe kojima, but i would fanboi for kojima also ;p.

i prefer my edgier game news people in general, but yong is probably the one most likely to angle for a games journalism gig, he the most "safe" in that he really does not get edgy very often, he is respectful in "debates" almost to a fault, he rarely curses, etc he is perfect as a guy at IGN or kotaku or a CNN tech contributor. What else is he angling for exactly to just make videos in his mothers basement all his life?

XenthorX likes this.
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Hey for sure man, i'm checking the guy content regularly, but every damn time the voice irritates me, just needed to get this off my chest haha

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Solfaur likes this.

5. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    fail like steam

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Subnautica is now free.

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I grab Subnautica for VR, but that will no doubt be it for me on that platfrom as i don't do any BR gaming at all as i never had a serious head injusy as a child. :p

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea not a bad game to lure people into using your launcher

launcher does take google and farcebook etc logins so you do not necessarily need to make a new login for it.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Microsoft also lowers the commision for game developers down to 12% per August 1st.

Continuing Our PC Gaming Journey in 2021 and Beyond - Xbox Wire

WhiteLightning and Kevin Mauro like this.
  10. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    You don't know that. There are many ways to offset the cost. At the corporate level, through incentives, deals & means far beyond directly charging consumers for everything. Trade, exchange for something another party places an economic value on. Partnerships etc. These scenarios were likely already considered as well as any possible negative optics that would arise as result should Epic have "a change of heart"

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Now big enough to have database leaks.

Alan Wake Remaster and Final Fantasy 7-R
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/al...s-in-in-the-epic-games-store-database.444283/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...tabase-egs-exclusive-releasing-in-dec.444280/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will be interesting to see what new Alan Wake will have.

And what FF7R will be, basic earlier version or the updated one and a possible future release of the updated version later on.
    (And then another delay and wait for any potential arrangements and exclusivity before Steam or elsewhere which I suppose if it's not going to be GOG is mostly going to be just Steam then.)

cerebus23 and Horus-Anhur like this.