GeForce 417.35 Game Ready WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Marketing material for RTX20 series.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Give me a screenshot.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    DLSS at 4K renders at 2560x1440 and upscales using an algorithm that is just a few KBs in size generated from NVIDIA servers. It is basically the equivalent of the checkerboard rendering used on consoles to achieve 4K at reasonable framerates.

And, you know what, if I'd paid £1,200 for a graphics card then the last thing I would want is to play a game rendered at a lower-than-native resolution no matter how good it looks. Personally, I don't think DLSS looks that great and I would rather play Final Fantasy XV at 4K and 30 fps that at 80+ fps with DLSS. I actually prefer the softer look of TAA to the more aliased DLSS image.

Seems to me that DLSS is a "cheat" to help overcome the massive performance hit that using ray-tracing incurs, especially at 4K.

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    They never claimed it was true 4k, just that they were able to AI fix many errors and the upscaled would look "close" to 4k.

"

Seems to me that DLSS is a "cheat" to help overcome the massive performance hit that using ray-tracing incurs, especially at 4K."

Hehe, everything is a cheat in graphics, that is what they focus on, nature of the industry.
    You're just not supposed to notice it when it is done right.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not really, there's basically nothing in common between the two - with the exception of both being resolution reconstruction techniques.

Is TAA a cheat compared to MSAA? What about MSAA being a cheat to SSAA? How about anything but SSAA 128x being a cheat?
    There's also DLSS 2x mode which renders in chosen res and then AA the image with AI, in case you didn't know.

6. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    It was in these initial RTX 20 event slides, they showed that DLSS looks identical to native 4K, which of course is BS.
    Completely agree, I think this is a regression. They were pushing 4K for the last 2 generations and now it's back to lame upscaling methods, 1440p or 1080p with DXR, etc.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Shouldn't be too hard to find with Google then, right?

8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  9. DarK SchneideR

DarK SchneideR Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    how about performance? is good driver or has errors? I have the 416.94 in a 1080Ti.

10. skizzo

skizzo Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
    Excellent drivers, tested on bfv much better than 416.94 on gtx 1070.

DarK SchneideR likes this.

11. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Naw I'm way to easy going to moan. I don't ever recall Nvidia having 5 driver releases in just over 30 days do you? Since November the 8th we have had 416.81, 416.94, 417.01, 417.22, and 417.25 which are all WHQL certified drivers. Seems like Nvidia could plan these out better and test a bit more.

Correct, I'm not going to be ill snag drivers end of December or early January. Nvidia could choose plan better as well.

12. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I see people is slating DLSS as another excuse to have a go. If you actually owned the card and see it for yourself you would know that its very good tech and a good way to run native while having all gfx effects enabled. Unless your a fking dick head who has there face pressed against the screen or a bit special in the head you will not see the difference if your playing at a proper distance away from the screen.

Final Fantasy demo looked much nicer with DLSS than TAA @ 4k on my screen. People are welcome to their opinions but on this the complainers are acting like complete wankers to be perfectly blunt.

Also funny that AA is now suddenly a cheat when if your going to say that its been a cheat since the feature came to fruition. Negativity has really ruined the forums lately, so many want to put technology down or moan about something retarded...at this rate along with store launcher arguments, pc community will end up killing the platform.

Sorry to bring this into a driver thread but hell its getting annoying.

13. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    I dont care if DLSS is cheating or lower res. If it looks as good as that benchmark did on my panel and allows me 4k 80fps im in.

People need to stop crapping on tech advancements just because they don't have it or dislike what its attached too.

be happy that its moving forward, Whether that includes you or not

tensai28 likes this.
  14. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    It's not real 4K. It's upscaled from 1440p to 4K. This is similar to what consoles do, they output 4K resolution, but internally they are rendering games at a lower resolution and upscaling to 4K using various tricks like checkerboarding. Upscaling looks good enough for you? Well OK, I suppose. But there are plenty people who actually notice the difference between native 4K and upscale.

BTW, just out of interest, people who think DLSS looks good enough on 4K screen, may I ask what display size are you using and how close you are sitting?

Dragam1337 and Darren Hodgson like this.
  15. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Working good with my 1070 and opencl is finally working again, these are the first batch of 417 that actually work properly for me an Assassins Creed Odyssey seems a little smoother now as well so fingers crossed these might be keepers.

16. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I'm using a 55 inch screen and sit 2.5 - 3 meters away from ut and I tell you I would notice the difference between upscaled and native. I play a mixture of games at 1440p or 4k and I find it hard to tell the difference with DLSS and 4k, if anything it looks better.

I'm very fussy when it comes to IQ, I'm a 4k movie collector so I know a crap transfer to a good one and they done a blinding job with this method of AA.

They can't win, you got 1 group wanting high fps and now you got another lot wanting native 4k 30fps over a decent compromise. Some gamers need to go out more, have a break then they might appreciate what we have available to us.

Anyway I'm done with my rant drivers seem okay so far but I haven't had many issues on the games I'm playing.

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Are you saying the entire image is upscaled from 1440p?

18. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Wait what? I could have swore there was an article on this site saying dlss support for ffxv was cancelled. Well this is good news anyways.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  19. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    After reading this, I'm looking to make this exact jump. Does anybody on 416.94 or 417.35 use MSIAB power monitoring? If so, do you get stutter? I have had it turned off since the issue appeared a while back and I've been enjoying smooth gameplay too much to test it out recently.

20. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    The 417.35s seem to perform a bit better than the 416.94s. But the visuals quality is better on the 416.94s. Imho. I rolled back to the 416.94s. Textures look way better for me.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    JAMVA likes this.
  21. jeliozver

jeliozver Member

GPU:
    ASUS 1070Ti 8GB
    I see reports in nvidia official forum that MSI Afterburner + RTSS stopped working in OSD with this driver. Anyone from here have it working?