Nvidia Geforce 417.22 Driver: Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There are no firefox TDR's in these drivers.

check your ram settings, and remove any overclocks from gpu/cpu.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I didn't have a firefox tdr in a long time either.. only when it really was driver fault back in r380 or so.. I'm at win10 rs5 1809, was ok at 1803 too.

Also no black screens when returning from sleep as well, I have freesnyc 144hz monitor @dp1.2.

But that higher then usual CPU temperature in gta5 was a bit strange to me ( I'm talking from avg 55-60ish to 65-72c), think I will try another driver before making any conclusions. Maybe I'll give this new vulkan 417.23 a try.. although it's from a completely different r416 branch.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    just remember that the recent updates to gta5 online have raised cpu requirements and lowered fps in some cases.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I actually got more fps and no more fps drops, latest patch broke something by heist and yea at first I got lower gpu usage.. then they fixed it again.
    But now I get higher temps, cpu usaged stayed the same.. As if its using more AVX or something or driver uses it differently.. Will see soon enough when I try other driver.

5. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    As for CPU, there was recently Intel microcode update that silently installed with Windows Update. Probably post-patch performance tweaks as my SuperPI scores were bit better than before update. But my issue, higher CPU usage when gaming with 417.22 is unrelated as I am sure if I would go back to 417.01 CPU usage would drop back to previous values.

6. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    It happened after 385.xx. Up to 392 or so.

-Tj- likes this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont have anything OC and the timing on my ram cant be the issue it auto detected timing by the Bios I have had zero TDR of any kind except in Firefox. which only started with 1803 build all previous build were fine.

possible HW accelerations issue with Firefox again, of all the times I seen it happen, I always been on reddit.

I just keep an eye on this and see what happens

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

This was one of the primary sources of the TDR issues when Vista launched.

There is NO hardware acceleration issues in the driver.

The crash data curve has continued to decline and has not spiked at all with the 417 drivers

9. What version of Windows 10 do you have? Last Wednesday has been released one cumulative update that fixe the back screen

10. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I always seem to get very rare TDR's in Firefox i am not sure on what drivers this started happening.
    So far i only got 1 TDR while browsing with these drivers and i am running my pc at stock settings.
    My system is fully stable and i only use my oc profile 4.7ghz on cpu intensive games,gpu is completely stock.
    BTW i am on win 10 pro 1803 fully updated.

11. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    lucidus and fantaskarsef like this.
  12. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Tested 417.22 on 1803 and 1809. Everything was bit better on 1803, also noticed that while benchmarking 1809 had like 1% less average GPU utilization.

Update: I did more testing between 1803 and 1809, while average framerates are almost same with slight 1803 advantage, both frametimes and frame rate drops(minfps) are much worse on 1809. That's probably more of Windows version testing than driver itself but if some people didn't update Windows yet I see no reason to.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  13. supersym

supersym Member

GPU:
    SLI gtx 980
    Hi, my G--SYNC is broken since I update with the 1809...WHat can I do ?

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it not my ram or it timing, the ram kit passed 24hour test. if it was ram timing I would think it would show up in Games that are much more demanding and actual use more then 2 gb of my ram Like other have posted they only see it happen at random in Firefox, everything else is fine,

my ram might be using autodetect settings for timing but it also use the correct timing it should be using

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I doubt its ram, I had more tight timings before and or a little undervolted cpu/cache which would sometimes crash games or bsod and never had tdr in firefox like that after they fixed it for good.

Maybe is something else, or some other software conflicting l. Or even some plugin or browser extension.

16. Useless to comment over, one new version of Geforce driver has been released

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont know I have ublock origins and cookie auto delete that is it, either way I check checked again my ram is running under XMP 14/16/16/31 profile for it and it has the correct timings.

I still think every time I seen FF TDR is on Reddit ( the new layout style) cause every time I see it happen in FF i on reddit, just like I know the cursor corruption in firefox, when hovering over links that happen randomly always happend in firefox going back 10+ years and back to before windows 7, untill recent releases where I no longer seem them.

I vaguely remember seeing nvidia say is open issue in windows 10 when they bug effect even XP. I dont think it Nvidia driver issue though I think that was FF issue

-Tj- likes this.
  18. V8VENOM

V8VENOM Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 4090
    I had more issues with 417.22 after updating to Win10 1809. I'll DDU it and manually download/install 417.35 and see what happens ... lately it's been nVidia "driver of the day" ... get the feeling the world of users are the Beta testers.

19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    It is FF, I had the TDR in event viewer, the driver would reset real fast, just a flash on screen if you happened to be looking. Most of the resets were when the system was idling or just scroll the page.
    I disabled Hardware acceleration and been good. This restarted around 400 or late 39x can't remember.
    Have not tried to enable it back with later 41x versions.

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Same here. Any one asserting as a FACT that FF has NO issues with black screens, is wrong. I've had them off and for years and still do.