Just Cause 4 was cracked under 24 hours

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It's a little bizarre really, but Just Cause 4 was cracked in under 24 hours, the game title is protected with the later iteration of Denuvo anti-tamper tech. ...

Just Cause 4 was cracked under 24 hours

XenthorX likes this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hitman 2's case was funnier.

3. GameLord

GameLord Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 G1 / 4 GB
    Release games with lower prices or increase the always questionable quality.

4. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Yeah just saw this on warez sites, was like, WTF!!!!

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    *sniff* Aah, I love the smell of Denuvo burning in the morning!

Keitosha, CalculuS, Monchis and 4 others like this.
  6. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Ummmm Nobody has used warez for like 15 yrs mate. It's all torrents now, we no longer refer to it as warez> That was back before torrents when you had to download 50 files for one game and if one file download got interrupted you had to start it all over again :)

7. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    @ Irenicus - I stand corrected!

Yeah those were the good ol days of carring around a pouch of CD's

8. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I suppose it's a completely unreasonable ask that the companies who insist on using this technology would consider providing DRM-free versions of their products?

Even if it's a couple of years down the line, I'm perfectly willing to wait for more polished GOTY releases on, say, GoG. :)

9. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Heheh yup I remember. I still have folders and spindles full of stuff. I get why you called it that though, maybe it's just me though but I just hadn't heard that term for so long, the word itself evoked the early 2000s :D

10. Priyeshbabariya

Priyeshbabariya Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP+
    I still couldn't be able to understand that why all developers in the gaming industry haven't learnt a lesson from The witcher 3?!

11. Shoveliser

Shoveliser Member

GPU:
    6700xt RedDevil
    I agree.
    I do also prefer now to wait for a DRM-free release on GoG for most of my games but also I get tempted to buy discounted games on HumbleBundle sometimes and nowadays they are mostly giving Steam keys.
    Lately when I can order a game from Steam or GoG I end up on GoG - for Pillars of Eternity, for the Witcher 3, etc.

At some point I started boycotting single-player games with always online DRM or heavy DRM.

12. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    They DE-nuvo'd the game:p

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm not interested in the game, will never buy it or crack it like a criminal (pirate), but I think it's hilarious that it was cracked within 24h and hopefully Avalanche Studios have learned not to included Denuvo (drm) in their future projects.

Also from what I've seen on the Steam forums and low review score @ 33% (1609) it's a buggy and unoptimized mess, a lousy port that hasn't got the basics right and the developers cheeky response only added fuel to the fire.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  14. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    If you have already enjoyed JC3, this one doesn't offer much more to be a compelling purchase. The studio should definitely think about some form of co-op multiplayer mode to break the stale game play.

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    No one learned anything from the Witcher 3 "protection"???

If the game is good, everyone will know about it, and it gonna be sold very well, even on our "Pirated PC", no protection is needed.

HandR and Maddness like this.

16. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I'm really glad people that enjoy the pure challenge of cracking it exists.
    In the end, these protections hurt more people who've legit bought the game, so I have no sympathy for these companies.
    In my opinion, a game should bring a CD key and a small non intrusive protection like steam or something, allow for offline play and for free hardware switches.

17. Just read it- "Hitman 2 cracked before launch, Denuvo 5.3 is down" boy oh boy have I been livin' under a rock!

haha FCK DRM! (I'm referring to the GOG & CD Projekt RED) Anti DRM initiative & in no means intend to condone, or infer piracy-related activities such as "cracking" or groups ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
  18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  19. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Yes. I feel the same way.
    Exactly!
    Didn't the guys who were working on co-op stuff get hired by the JC team? Am I crazy, or did this happen and lead many to believe that JC3 or JC4 would have co-op?
    Indeed. The last time I wanted to try out a "demo" real quick, I bought the game right after that. No real demos and terrible DRM drive people away from buying legit games...
    I also am happy that there are dedicated and educated people out there that push back on awful DRM practices. That is an aspect of the gaming industry that needs push back so it doesn't get out of hand and widely accepted.

I mean, people think the big clients (steam, origin, uplay etc.) will NEVER be gone but what will become of our libraries if they do go down permanently? One thing I do know is that my folder of legitimately purchased GOG installers will be just fine when that day comes.

Silva likes this.
  20. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    There was a new "anti-tamper" protection system called "Valeroa" that claimed to be "uncrackable", "better" than Denuvo, using extremely advanced protection techniques. The next-gen DRM.

It was cracked in 20 minutes after release. :p

Silva likes this.