Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Oh, I agree (to a point). A lot of it is definitely a bunch of people getting upset over nothing. Some of it is agenda/PC BS though to a degree. The problem is when it's all so much that it's all you see now. Seriously.. go look at the Reddit Battlefield section. To be fair, I do have a problem with how Dice wrote out a bunch of male commandos to re-write it with a girl for "reasons", but that's something to actually argue about.

I would LOVE a NOLF3. Cate Archer was a really good female lead. I also like how Ion Maiden has Bombshell portrayed. It's funny though because I've seen quite a few complaints on the official Steam forums about her character and how she isn't "badass" or "sexy" enough.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well... I never go on Reddit. :) And, I have never really liked DICE... so... I have no stance there.
    The BF series has, IMO, almost always been throw away. Only the Bad Company games were worth while, and even then... BC2 fell short of the first game.

Yeah, NOLF is fantastic. Both main titles are great, and ones I play very often.
    And, Ion Maiden... I'm very excited and happy for my friends at Voidpoint with how well their work has been received. I've known Richard for years, and it's fantastic to see him and his team getting such recognition.
    But yes, even on the discord, every now and then there's some "person" saying Shelly should be sexier, or have an alt skimpy outfit... or something stupid.

Or, the recent comments about how Lara isn't sexy enough in the new Tomb Raider games. How she should wear the shorts, and show more skin... blah, blah.
    There were also similar comments with Hellblade. People complaining that Senua wasn't sexy, and that she was ugly. Same with Darksiders III, there are still complaints that Fury is ugly... "She looks like a man"... or her armor should be skimpier...
    It's just laughably stupid.

Kolt likes this.
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Meh are people who cannot see the propaganda. Like Netflix movies and series. Like Trump's bashing and every modern society keeps wasting time about female rights like it is a problem of our decade only. Whenever you like it or not, keep calm and watch the real world out there.

The picture above is what? Approving masochism, 2 girls going to torture a man, the new sexy of 21st century? If there were 2 men, going to do bad to a woman, the world would treble.

4. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Going a bit off topic here (Just like the majority of this thread now haha).. but how in the world did you get NOLF2 to run for you? It is such a buggy mess that I had to give up after a few levels. I'm really hoping Nightdive or someone can break through the licensing hell that game is stuck in.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    More so when the games were almost ready to be re-released having been updated and fixed up but then the licensing deal between WB, Fox and other involved parties well through as I recall it.

As for the cover well I wonder but we'll see.

Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 all had the major villains prominently on the cover with some nobody usually added in though for Far Cry 3 the captive Vaas toyed with had some actual development and can even be found in-game.
    Although as a side game to the main installments there's Blood Dragon and Primal both featuring the actual main character on the cover in some heroic pose.

The games themselves are fairly layered and nuanced too telling one story and leaving another open for interpretation though again mostly the main games and not the side titles so this might be completely as it looks, maybe using co-op?

EDIT: And the villains are often more fleshed out and nuanced than the main character ever was, especially for Far Cry 5 with the deputy but it also goes for Ajay and Jason from the previous titles.

EDIT: Hmm co-op with character customization perhaps, FC5 had some of it although limited so expanding on that would be a thing, well we'll see soon enough.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    you got anna snarksleezian, who is finally seemingly coming to the end of her public run at lest. lobbying for more female characters, like female characters have not been a thing going back to the tabletop games and nes.

So now you are giving players choices. And that is great outside established characters, most mp shooters going way back had female and male avatars. RPGs the same.

But established characters are like established history. they are immutable in fans eyes, just as history is history.

shoving women into a ww2 "historical" shooter was bad enough, but you had to one up it and give her a disability with a nonsensical terminator hand because you wanted to appeal to the dozen girls that play fortnight and also have an interest in ww2 fps shooters. and then you tell the fans to get bent and do not buy the game when they ask wtf? BF5 is blatant pandering with revisionist history and nonsense dressed up as a historical shooter. but dice is a swede company isnt it the feminism capitol of the world?

I never heard any of this laura not sexy enough, so i agree anyone complaining about her not showing enough skin or whatever is idiotic, tomb raider was always an action game and the only thing "sexy" about laura was she could move and fight like batman while packing two bad ass pistols, but she wore some short shorts and a tight top.

there are erogie games aplenty on steam if virtual girls are your thing.

And segunas sacrifice? yes a nordic age female on the verge of mental breakdown is not acting sexy enough allow me to face palm through the floor of my place a moment. The intern that motion captured and acted the part is extremely cute however.

Gamers have never had problem with females being characters, it was in the age where they are saying well f history so we can make women soldiers. make europe diversity central in "historic" games, and so on much of the current "diversity" push is pure nonsense. Making these places historically accurate triggers a certain segment of the public that writes angry blogs and articles and more than a few outright slanderous accusations about how you are a closet ***** because you portrayed europe as 90 something percent white, as it was historically. And armies 90 something percent male nm what historical age you want to pick.

To say there is not a concerted effort to push certain ideals through "historic" and "entertainment" focused content is pretty naive if you ask me.

Not like gamergate was a huge red pilling for gamers in general the way feminists and the gaming media aligned, against gamers that were calling out their corruption, but the feminist and media said it was all about sexism and gamers hated women, and we were all harassing the poor feminists that were lying about gamergate and the whole reasons behind it. And the gaming media as a whole are still pushing the notions of political actors like anna and others. they still occasionally bring up GG and still insist it was simply about sexism.

Kolt likes this.
  7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Honestly, I just installed it from the disc. Applied the 1.3 patch and then the widescreen fix from WSGF.
    Didn't have any issues really.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Trailer is up...

It's a sequel to FarCry 5. Continuing after the
    apocalyptic
    ending.
    You can see a few familiar characters in the trailer, including Pastor Jerome and Joseph Seed.

Kind of looks like FarCry trying to be RAGE 2. But... still, I really enjoyed FarCry 5, and sometimes (Blood Dragon) when they just do bats***... it's really fun.

Also, the two girls on the boxart, are the badguys.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol wtf ... I can see why it's being compared to Rage 2 :p Trailer looks neat but I've found their FC trailers to be much more interesting than the final product ... I'll wait for some no-commentary clips when they show up.

Why $40 though? Much smaller game?

What the heck is this bowmore thing in the steam page? I can only find whisky if I search for it in google and ddg :p

10. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Actually I see that cover more like the typical sexual fantasy of an average male. Female twins? Check. Hotness? Check. Kinky wink at the spectator? Check. Powerless man tied to a car/bed? Check.
    It could easily be the scene from a xxx movie. :D

JonasBeckman and Kaleid like this.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

Cheaper price most likely because it's not the next full sequel. Not a numbered entry like 5, but a follow up to 5...
    Using the same map. It's still set in Hope County. A lot of the same characters and assets. So, cheaper price. Which... I'm all good for.

12. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    LOL
    Got nothing to do with feminism. Any company wants to broaden their costumer base, it's c(r)apitalism 101. This silly discussion came up with Last Jedi too, it's the same thing there. Disney did not invest 4 billion dollars to spread SJW viewpoints, they purchased because they want to make tons more money.

If only, if only male players could give up the idea to be constantly be the main focus. How many fantasies do you need?

& also what sertopico said.

(In my own case i tend to prefer to play with underdogs, and mostly prefer female voice-acting but I don't think it will matter in this game)

// Btw, just played through the DLC, only Vietnam was interesting, so I'm not very hopeful for this even though it of course is a new idea for the franchise.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Sawblade? :p

EDIT: Then again it's a broad subject. :D

14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Nooooooo!! :eek: What have they done?
    A pink Farcry - the feminism version?

Ok....change of plans:

• don't buy this crap
    • get Rage2 instead
    • start holidays on 15th March and play Divison2 with friends
    :D

15. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Yeah, no. The two chicks are the villains in this one. You can take a deep breath now macho-man, ubisoft isn't trying to go snip-snip at your dangly bits.

AsiJu and Grimbarian like this.

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Gameplay looks boring :p

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It really does look like Ubisoft saw the RAGE 2 trailer and thought.. "We can do that"...

Not complaining, I like the FC games, and this looks fun. But...

18. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    There's zero changes that spin-off will beat FC3's Blood Dragon. It's the only Far Cry after the original that I really enjoyed. And Blood Dragon's soundtrack is freakin' amazing.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I played Blood Dragon once. I enjoyed it, but nothing made me want to replay it.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Looking at that footage, it is a far cry game alright. Still need to see more though. Hopefully it will be like another BD for me. I feel so weird not being able to enjoy this series at all lol.