Possible Ryzen 3000 Proc specifications have leaked - up to 16 Cores and 5.1 GHz

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    HWgeek, Silva, TheDeeGee and 5 others like this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If this is all true Intel is f*cked (excuse my language).

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  4. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    It seems plausible to me.
    There is a mistake in the text though, the Ryzen 5 3600G with integrated graphics should say 20CU and not 12CU as currently written.

Intel is probably thinking how they are going to market a dual-die i9-9900, and power it.
    Maybe they'll follow Cascade-AP, and have a new socket and sell it with its watercooler included ? (Sarcasm) :)
    Make the x299 mainstream ?

An exciting CES is coming !!

Silva and tunejunky like this.

5. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    Just some small mistakes:

• Little is save (safe) on the web
    • there are two 16-core processors to be launched and both feature two 8 core Zen 2 dies and that's 36 (32) threads at a price under 500 USD

As for the news, I'm a bit skeptical such high core count & frequencies will be available at those prices, but I'm more than happy to be wrong :)

Silva likes this.
  6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    very plausible, even if not technically "true".

the surprising take away for me is the 3900x & 3950x as this is a very sweet spot right below Threadripper entry level. this would be an "in your face" to the I-9/ I-7 especially at those clocks, and most especially for the ease of cooling despite "moar cores". i see the "3900/50x" as tweaked for gaming, as there is no quad channel memory need/expense like Threadripper.
    R.I.P. x299 (even if the story is false).

Embra likes this.
  7. B-linq

B-linq Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1080ti
    Even though it would be nice to have, its too good to be true.
    Sad overhype

8. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Is there a reason we should believe this Twitter person over the leaks to begin with, is it someone with actual insight into the industry or the like?

Because nothing about the leaks, which as far as AdoredTV goes includes not just the Reddit post but another source as well, seem outside of the realm of possibility. If there's one thing I personally was a bit skeptical about it's the clock speeds, they seems a bit on the high side. But I know nothign of how the 7nm process compares to 14/12nm so that's just my gut feeling :p

Arbie likes this.
  9. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    "Fake"? "Sad overhype"? Real easy to say, but it doesn't do justice to the level of research and analysis AdoredTV has yet again presented. Maybe you can counter some of his conclusions with equally cogent reasoning of your own. But I believe it, and it's great news.

He also makes some very important predictions about Navi. In terms of value and TDP it will probably kill everything below a 2080, and incidentally put huge price pressure on the top end parts from NVidia - at least as they exist today. And those used 1080 TIs now at $600 may well be $250 next summer.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  10. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i will be at C.E.S. when i can squeeze out time i'll send a few posts. i'm an association member so i'm not flacking for any manufacturer in particular as they are all members too.
    i will be there for Lisa Su's keynote, which i'm really looking forward to. C.E.S. used to be rough before Vegas became family friendly...now i can take meetings without being in strip clubs (believe it or not that's the way it was until 2005-ish).

Silva, Evildead666 and Embra like this.

11. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    These leaks seem dumb to me. First off, consumer really doesn't need 16 cores. Sure, everyone here will tell me now that this attitude enabled intel to suck for years, but its still true. More then 8 cores is wasted on consumers at this point in time. Anyway..
    So why don't I just buy an 8 core then? I would. But why is there no 8 core with the same max clock as the 16-core? Thats not even logical. An 8-core could much more easily reach higher clocks, since less cores produce less heat.

If these are true, it seems like a really bad decision to "force" people to buy a 16-core if they want the highest clocks as well for ST performance. Make me an 8-core with the highest clocks possible, and thats the CPU I would buy. I don't need 16 cores. Keep 16-cores in ThreadRipper land, focus Ryzen on the best 8-core you can make.

12. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Looks like an upgrade in in my future.

:)

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Do we know if it will run @ 5GHz on all cores or just the one?

14. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    A few points on that:

- The new pricing structure makes those extra cores Free and the clocks a Huge bonus over current Ryzen chips.

- When the hardware is there the software will follow.

The 7700k does not meet min specs for running BF V raytracing for example. It was an excellent chip, but trying to stick to lower cores holds things back.
    Software is already struggling with 4c 8t.

Also worth noting that these leaked speed improvements are close to half of what 7nm was promised by TSMC as being capable of.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    16 cores at 5.0GHz seem too good to be true... Not to mention it would destroy 90% of the TR CPUs and it would be very difficult to improve on top of chips like that.

FranciscoCL likes this.

16. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    They are most likely to show the single core boost.
    i expect it to be able to do all core boost, just not within TDP. and not with Aircooling.

edit : The Anniversary Edition, or top R9 chip. will likely be sold either without a cooler at all or with the Watercooler provided. That would probably enable all core 5GHz boost.

edit2 : If the top bin Chips can hit 5GHz all core boost on Watercooling, that means that a lot of the lower binned chips (8c or 12c) will get pretty close under good cooling/Watercooling/AiO cooling.

17. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Over current gen perhaps, but looking at the leaked prices (for whatever they may be worth), you still pay double for the 16c over the 8c.
    So how much could a full power 8c/16t be instead?

As a software developer - proper threading is hard. Games or desktop applications that use 8c fully right now are still extremely rare. Nevermind 16c/32t.
    We do have ThreadRipper to offer somewhat affordable high core counts already.

I'm not arguging for 4c. 8c is quite an upgrade over that already.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well 4.7 -5ghz on all cores and 8core 16thread is very doable.. no doubt about that. but if I can get that on a 12core 24thread even better..

Still don't know what to do with all those cores, would be more then happy with 8core 16thread Oced to 5ghz:D

That said R5 3600x or R7 3700x for me

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    there are a lot of ifs right here ...so IF those are true ....the 3600 going to be a KILLER value 179 for 8 cores that getting over 4.5 ghz and if they are unlocked ....somewhere around 4.7-4.8 with a bump on ipc .... i mean darn holding my breath for ces !

20. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Be interested in a high end APU.