New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    MG279Q? If only it had HDR and 10bit it would be definitly the best monitor on the market, I love it to bits :)

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  4. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    I was going to buy the samsung lc27hg70 last year, but after I found out it cannot use freesync below 70fps because of purple shift and bad ghosting, had no choice but to find an alternative. Too bad that a decent monitor with 1440p+HDR+10bit+144hz+IPS doesnt exist at all. :/

So i bought the MG279Q, wich is bloody awesome too be honest :D just that 10bit+HDR first world problem bugging me loool

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ CRU? and You can easily turn this Sammie into Gem :D

6. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    The problem cant be solved with CRU, the freesync range is ok, 48-144, the problem is that the response rate of the pixels is bad, so if the fps arw below +-70fps the ghosting becomes very noticeable :D I play AC:O at around 60 fps so for example it would be a horrible experience :S

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Hosting Private Event For Upcoming Radeon Drivers Update: Adrenaline, 2019 Edition

A fresh leak from Videocardz has just surfaced revealing the existence of an embargo and an exclusive event for an upcoming AMD drivers update.
    AMD has historically lead the industry in quality of their drivers (including the GUI) and the Crimson revisions were something to behold. If the secretive nature of this new update is any indication, it appears that the company is all set to do it once again with an upcoming drivers update.

AMD Radeon’s Adrenaline 2019 Edition being shown off in an exclusive press event, new features leaked

The new version of AMD’s drivers will be called Adrenaline, 2019 Edition and will have quite a large number of brand new features.
    According to Videocardz, the new features will include a voice control system, dubbed “Hey Radeon!”, rather like what Google, Siri, and Alexa offer and will allow the user to ask the drivers to do things like taking screenshots or show the FPS overlay while inside a game.
    Currently, the voice commands can only be issued in English or Chinese. This feature utilizes Adrenaline 2019 and AMD Link update.

Secondly, and perhaps more excitingly, AMD is going to be answering the automatic overclocking present on modern NVIDIA cards with one-click overclocking capability that actually tweaks the memory as well!
    Overclocking support has been great on NVIDIA cards ever since Pascal (in which the vast majority of cards usually run way above what the maximum turbo boost is advertised as ) and it will be great to have a competing feature in Radeon cards.

What’s more, the company is actually one-upping NV over here and including undervolting support as well.
    Some Radeon cards like Vega have known to be overvolted for stability (and ease of QA) purposes and many chips can actually run at the stated power levels just as happily on lower voltages.
    This undervolting support will allow users to minimize the power draw from their Radeon card (especially useful if you are running a mining operation – not that they are very profitable right now).

Lastly, Streaming to VR Headsets will also be present for AMD cards, although this is something that has multiple software and hardware competitors only and it remains to be seen whether a dedicated hardware solution for
    streaming VR will be the eventual winner or native support for streaming the same (which will naturally be on a lower bitrate than dedicated hardware such as wireless HDMI).
    The company has a great history of leading driver updates (I mention Crimson once again) and its great to see AMD pushing the bar for drivers higher once again.

===
    First things first. The new driver is may be still called Adrenalin, 2019 Edition, despite the fact that it will launch this year, or so I’m told.
    The driver will bring a handful of enhancements and features, but I will only mention a few.

Wattman
    The driver features new overclocking capabilities, such as one-click overclocking (including the memory – so I’ve heard). This obviously is a direct response to NVIDIA’s Turing OC Scanner, but we have no details on how the AMD tool will work exactly.

Our sources claim that new Adrenalin will also support undervolting, yes you heard that right, fully automatic undervolting. This was quite a topic at Vega launch, so I’m looking forward to how efficient this tool will be.
    Last but not least, I have also heard about fan curvature modifications in new Wattman.

Hey Radeon!
    Have you ever wanted to talk to your graphics card? Well, guess what, AMD will give you this opportunity with Adrenalin 2019 and AMD Link update. You will be able to issue simple commands, but only in English and Chinese. I don’t have a list of all commands yet, but I heard you can ask the software to display FPS for you, should you need it, or take a screenshot (you get the idea).

Streaming to VR Headsets
    The last feature which I found interesting is direct streaming to standalone VR headsets. Think of Steam Link, only for VR headset. I’ve heard the technology is really smooth and lag is hardly noticeable.

===

[​IMG]

-> https://videocardz.com/79193/amd-preparing-radeon-software-adreanlin-2019-edition

MaestroBayten and Maddness like this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  10. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Nothing about performance gains? :(

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Also no mention of RT over GCN.

12. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I think they will let us know when it is closer to the time. It will happen, it's just a matter of time.

13. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    The RT bench of 3dMark is due for release in January, so there should be support for it around that time.

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Pledges to Take On NVIDIA’s High-End Turing With 7nm Radeon GPUs in 2019

We’re nearing the end of what has been quite the wild year for graphics.
    Initially plagued by an exceedingly frustrating inflation of GPU prices caused by the crypto bubble which had only tapered off to end on an equally frustrating note of a very expensive NVIDIA RTX Turing product lineup.

Well, the crypto bubble has burst, the graphics channel is oversaturated with unsold GPU inventory and we’re on the cusp of an entirely new generation of graphics products based on TSMC’s leading edge 7nm FinFET process.
    Suffice to say, 2019 is shaping up to be the polar opposite of what 2018 has been for the discrete graphics market.

With 7nm At Hand, AMD is Getting Ready to Tango With NVIDIA’s Turing

At least that’s what CEO Dr. Lisa Su wants us to believe.
    Take a listen to what she had to say last week when asked about how the company plans to compete with NVIDIA’s new ray tracing focused Turing graphics architecture.

AMD CEO Lisa Su – Nov 27, 2018 – 22nd Annual Credit Suisse Technology, Media & Telecom Conference
    “We believe, we will be very competitive overall and that includes the high-end of the GPU market. Obviously there are new products out there from our competition. We will have our set of new products as well and we will be right there in the mix”
    “As it relates to ray tracing in particular I think it’s an important technology, but as with all important technologies it takes time to really have the ecosystem adopt [it].
    And we’re working very closely with the ecosystem on both hardware and software solutions and expect that ray tracing will be an important element especially as it gets more into the mainstream, frankly, of the market.”

– Transcripted by Wccftech.com

This builds on Dr. Su’s comments at an interview with Barron’s a month prior where she asserted that AMD will be “competitive in high-end graphics,”
    and that AMD is “making high-performing quality products and building a solid long-term foundation.”

And TSMC’s 7nm process is key to all of it.

AMD CEO Lisa Su – Q3 2018 Earnings Call

“We see significant opportunities to build on this momentum as we transition to our next generations of high performance products and launch the industry’s first 7-nanometer x86 CPUs and discrete GPUs over the coming quarters.”

It’s not yer clear how exactly the company plans to compete with NVIDIA’s high-end Turing graphics cards.
    Especially after all the chatter we’ve been consistently hearing about AMD’s 7nm Navi being a mainstream focused product with GTX 1080 class performance.

AMD Wants to Bring Back the Spirit of its ATi Heydays

The company might in fact be planning to debut its chiplet strategy on the GPU side, especially after it has proven to be so incredibly successful on the CPU side in the form of first generation EPYC,
    Threadripper and second generation EPYC.

That, combined with a fresh and immensely enthusiastic general manager at the helm in David Wang means AMD is not ready to throw-in the towel yet. Speaking with pcgamesn.com
    Wang talked about the olden ATi & NVIDIA days where one would leapfrog the other every other year and how he plans to bring that competitive spirit back.

“That’s how you make this business so exciting, so interesting,” he said. “That’s how you make gamers so excited about new hardware every year. I think somehow we kind of lost that momentum.
    But what I’m trying to say is we are determined to go back to that cadence, to make this business more fun.”

We certainly hope that David Wang is prepared to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Not just for the sake of Radeon fans but for the sake of the entire GPU market.
    A strong and competitive Radeon product lineup means cheaper NVIDIA products for GeForce fans to enjoy as well.

Maddness likes this.
  15. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Absolutely, bring it on AMD. We need strong competition. If they can do to Nvidia what they have done to Intel, it will be good news for everyone.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Also we need to remember that Maxwell/Pascal was a pinacle of nV HW :D (Very successful GPUs after all)
    Intel had it with Core uArch -> AMD had only Buldozer ;)

Now AMD have ZEN uArch (Very good CPUs & it will be only better in time)
    But ATI have Vega (IMO it's also very good, sophisticated piece of GPU with HBM2)

As for CPUs Intel was clear winner.
    ATI have Good (not best of the best) GPU for 1440p w/FreeSync -> here nV is not clear winner IMO (Price Vs Features in mind)

If RTX 2080 was priced at 499-599€ and G-sync 1440p 144Hz at 499€ -> Then ATI will be not so good ;) but not fall behind as it was with Core Vs Buldozer.

Maddness likes this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Navi 12 RX 3080

RX 3080 8GB GDDR6 Navi 12 150tW at $249.98
    perf: like Vega 64 +10% up to 15% more.

Navi 12 RX 3070

RX 3070 8GB GDDR6 Navi 12 120tW at $199.98
    perf: like Vega 56

Navi 12 RX 3060

RX 3060 4GB GDDR6 Navi 12 75tW (no PCIe pin) at $129.98
    perf: like RX580

Embra, JonasBeckman and Maddness like this.
  18. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    RX 3080 would do me nicely. That price is insanely good.

OnnA likes this.
  19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    It sounds too good to be true, but at least that way @OnnA will keep me as a customer and I would be very happy to purchase an RX 3080 (8GB) graphics card.

Fox2232 and Maddness like this.
  20. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    It's easy to be skeptical due to the incredibly low mobility on the GPU market the last few years but as the video points out (it's worth watching in full, AdoredTV usually is) it represents ~15% more performance and ~15% lower power than a GTX 1080 on a significantly smaller node. It's hardly earthshattering numbers, they just seem that way because we've had zero motion in the midrange for the last 3 years!