Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's not. If you're dealing with competent enemies you'll get 1 kill and then shot in the face. You're extremely static, it doesn't help the LMG player in the long run and it only helps to aggravate others by the sheer excess of players lying prone for this reason. They get a few "nuisance" kills like this and that's it. The plethora of people actually racking up kills with an LMG are dancing around with a KE7.

It's an idea that sounds good on paper but it really isn't, they should've thought of other means to make support more interesting.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I know that once I realized the MMGs are useless without prone/bipod I gave up on ever using them. Too situational, and I don't like being prone or stationary for too long. You can argue all you want, but it is a gun style designed for campers that suits that sort of play style.. which more often than not is played by noobs or bad players. Doesn't mean anyone who uses it or likes to "camp" with an MMG is bad or a noob.. it's just what is typically associated with that gameplay and mindset.

To me MMGs are garbage. I value mobility and being able to counter situations regardless of where my butt sits down. I'm a take charge, flank, and go for objectives kind of guy. Never sitting down too long.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    who did ever mention 4k 60??? 4k pc gaming is something still niche market, and needs double gpus to achieve..

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I very often get 10+ killstreaks defending objectives with it.

I get that you want to dance around all the time, so using a bipod will always be a no-go for you, but then it is fortunate that there are many weapons suited for your playstyle. I personally love the mmg's, specifically the mg42, and the fact that they have added 2 mmg's in this game should hardly get anyone butt hurt, though "some" still clearly are.

What i wrote above.

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yeah I saw that. I still don't like MMGs :p Even if going prone takes a split second and the bipod wasn't an issue, I don't like that requirement. It doesn't matter if they make prone reaction perfect. I move too much and spam A/D to avoid getting hit by snipers. I just don't like laying prone aside from avoiding danger.

MMGs are fine.. not really complaining, it's just not my play-style. I'm not saying anyone who uses them are inherently bad or anything.. it's just from my personal experience in online gaming those big guns always attract the worse players looking for an easy kill. The funny thing is how MMGs in this game probably take a little more skill to use as far as having a good sense of your surroundings and making sure you aren't going prone in a bad spot. The easy kills, for me at least, end up being those prone MMG users in the end. I imagine most of my melee kills will be them eventually lol.

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Battlefield 5 50% off for bf1/bf3/bf4 owners until 20th december

'lol' :eek:

edit: crap only for consoles

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And there I was greedy to get it until I read your edit :D

signex and XenthorX like this.
  8. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    Had every BF game since the first launch, enjoyed every one of them for different reasons. BF V for me however does not supply me with any reason to play, I enjoy next to nothing about this game. The worst thing is I die in 1 or 2 bullets every time yet it takes me at least 4/5 hits to down someone. I love to play Medic but simply that class in this game is a waste of time.

I will try the game after the patch and then every patch after that, but for me this game has been my biggest disappointment.

Solfaur likes this.
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Patch is live :cool:

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It would appear from the patch notes, that they have fixed a good deal of the issues in relation to going prone... let's hope it's true !

Sadly it is taking forever to download...

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    At first it downloaded really fast until 50%, it was saying 2min left and now it's 19min.

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yep, took me over an hour to download, despite being on a 360 Mbps connection... lol

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yikes, mine should be done soon though so it would have taken about 30-40min. :p

EDIT: So i enabled DX12 and DXR, the whole menu is lagging going from 30-90fps while i change menu's.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    DX12 is never going to work in the frostbite engine, its a tacked on p.o.s

Dragam1337 and signex like this.
  17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yea just tried MP, rubberbanding mess while FPS stayed well above 60-70fps it's just not playable.

Passus likes this.
  18. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:

RTX performance after update.

BangTail likes this.
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Lol that gpu temp - are you using a compressor to cool it?

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The Last Tiger: 4K@90% - Ray Tracing Ultra !

LuckyNumber8 and BangTail like this.