Warner bros teasin new Batman game???

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    XenthorX likes this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Big fan of the Arkham serie

3. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Big fan as well, but I want them to make them harder. New game plus plus should really be difficult. I loved Knight a few times but then I mastered it all too easily, even without upgrading Batman's suit all that much.

And I want them to implement more "pro"-controls because especially in Knight it can be difficult to for instance getting in an environmental takedown rather than a FEAR takedown or something else. I absolutely hate the fact that I have to push two buttons at the same time to get Harley to do an environmental takedown when it could easily be put on say the E button instead (which in City takes down one enemy after 8 or 5 hits)

One of the worst things about playing a so called superhero is to still feel like a bloody fool. There are instances when I have zero need to throw a gasbomb to cover my tracks because I am absolutely not even seen and would much rather throw a remote batarang to perhaps knock down an enemy from the stairs instead. There are tons of examples when the game decides what I as a player must do.
    In challenges for instance there can be a moment when I need to do a double ledge takedown and the game decides that I as a player must flee so Batman or some other "hero" jumps up right in front of them when I should be hanging from a ledge and make sure to get my star.. nope, can't do it.

With that said, I still hope for more. Warner could do one on their own even though Origins was not a masterpiece through and through.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Arkham Asylum, and Arkham City were awesome, after that the series went to crap.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hopefully it will be a larger world with larger roads to drive on.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Will it be stuffed full of microtransactions and loot boxes though?

Seriously, let's hope they get some decent developers in for the PC version because Batman: Arkham Knight was an embarrassing mess on PC and was never properly fixed.

lucidus likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They should've done a Superman game.

warlord likes this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I would love a nice game with next Gen graphics about other superheroes. Superman is one of them. Batman, it's OK I have bought already 4 games for him.

9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Superman is not on top of my list. He's overpowered and if we're going to fly then there needs to be some speed to it and that usually means awful LOD pop-ups graphically.

I btw had no problems with running Knight, I had it pre-ordered and started to play instantly and played it all the way through with a 280x 3GB card. I think the first patch was only 1kB, so that I didn't avoid... as it took a long time for Rocksteady to go back to rewrite quite a lot of the PC code I didn't really need it at all.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    cerebus23 likes this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And here I was thinking strange that there is no batman on the horizon xD

For me it is now, was after last update back then in 2016? This includes physx turbulence and smoke.

Although I have it on ssd, maybe it still has issues on normal hdd.

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    The show Gotham was getting into the Court of Owls thing which was pretty interesting. Lot of good potential here.. hopefully they include the Batmobile as an OPTIONAL mode of transport and leave the tank abilities out of the game.

Like mentioned by others, I find Superman to be a very difficult game to conceptualize.. Superman would almost have to be weakened somehow in order for the world building and combat to make sense.

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the gotham show is actually good, bit of an otherworlds tale gotham. but most of the things they do are solid.

starts off slow but by 3rd season that show was going good.

i dunno how a superman game would work in a sandbox sense, if on earth then nothing could really touch him, put him on one of darksides worlds? Make is a sort of mosu style brawler where supes is taking out hordes of minions, get an occasional cut scene. maybe some sort of territory "nemesis" system, in able to draw out darkside, more shadow of war than arkham knight.

That would give you good enemy variety flying, ground, full on demons and monsters, granny goodness, and the other big names in those circles. And being they demi gods, demons or mechs, superman can kill the hell out of them and there no moral issues for supes.

Dunno it could work i just think basing it on earth would make it boring other than the novelty of flying around new york city goku style would be some fun.

taking him off earth you do not need to depower him just throw loads of baddies at him from all directions and let supes wail away, laser eye them, freeze blast em, or just slam into the ground with the force of a nuclear blast (maybe on a cooldown or rage meter thing) i think i even would play this game and i think superman is one of the most boring super heros :p.

Kolt likes this.
  13. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Hopefully this one is not the crap of Arkham knight.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Ha, i just picked up the AK Prem edition for £10, so by the time i get round to completing it this new one should be on sale. lol

15. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I'd like to see a Batman game based on Batman Beyond for a change.

Kolt likes this.

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Batman Beyond would blow my mind. That would make an absolutely amazing game and would be different enough to identify away from the Arkham series and be it's own thing.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If this is true, and they are making a new Batman game around the Court of Owls... I'm in.
    That story arc in the comics is fantastic.

And WB Montreal did, IMO, fantastic with Arkham Origins. So I would love to see a new Batman game from them.

18. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    kryptonite

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    WB sucks, we all know it from prev. disaster last Batman game. Lazy crappy port at first.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You can't generalize like that.
    WB made a big mis-step with Arkham Knight's PC port, handing it off to a studio that was not up to the task.
    But, plenty of other WB published games turn out fantastic on PC. From Shadow of Mordor, Mad Max... Dying Light... and many others.

And, Arkham Knight runs beautifully now. Maxed settings with some of the enhanced settings on, it runs great now.