Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    When I saw the top down view of the map I thought the same thing. Hopefully we are wrong and there is plenty of cover.. otherwise I smell a terrible map for us infantry (non sniper) folk..

2. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Someone On Twitter said to me how can you be happy with the low content.

Well if the internet didn't lose its crap over women and a prosthetic arm we'd probably have more stuff in game and no delay when they had to go back and scrap loads of work they did.

I'd rather have a game with a great core thats low on content with more to come than a game with tons to do that plays like total ass.

big ROBOT bill and BangTail like this.
  3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It is!

[​IMG]

Oh, perhaps the craps storm over on their own forums
    Or
    Because you think otherwise? Funny stuff. Or get a clue. The game sucks.
    -Lacks Release content, Fire range is now DLC, you are spotted when asking for rev's, TTD is all out of wack, Deluxe Users aren't getting weekly drops yet these are the per-orders, reviewers are trashing the game for the dumpster fire that it is, attrition is best served for HC not norms, etc, etc.

And many more complaints echo'd across the Internets. But lets just take your word for otherwise in bizzaro world. lol.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Solfaur likes this.
  4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

As you have done previously in this thread, you are cherry picking opinions you agree with and trying to pass them off as the general consensus.

It is incredibly disingenuous.

Nobody in here is claiming it is flawless, it has issues, but it certainly doesn't suck as you keep claiming it does.

Have you even played the game or are you just relying on what you've been told by youtubers?

Exactly, I don't need someone else to tell me whether something is good or not, I'll form my own opinions through my own hands on experience.

The amount of people who will just take what these youtube idiots say as gospel truth without even bothering to try things for themselves is staggering.

The game is not without it's problems, but as usual, the youtube jagovs have blown it out of all proportion so that they can get their beloved clicks.

big ROBOT bill likes this.

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    My own opinion is that it's a better game than BF1 but riddled with so God damn many issues that it's the first game in years to make me literally smash my desk out of rage sometimes:

• Removed 3D spotting (which I'm fine with... but...) whilst making the BF title with the worst player visibility in a decade
    • Netcode is clearly FUBAR: Get hit before people peek, get hit 20 miles behind a wall, 1 frame kills everywhere (damage coalescing)
    • Core gun mechanics are great, gun balance however is absolutely atrocious: mark my words, after 4 December this game will be a medic fest
    • Unstructured and cluttered mapdesign with a lot of rubble and useless cover, but to little "good cover"
    • No manual lean or slow movement acceleration: I know movement acceleration isn't realistic if its to fast, but something is needed in order to make more offensive peek prefires possible
    • Audio is horrible: half the time footsteps don't "render" and people appear out of nowhere
    • Due to all the combined elements above it turns into an absolute fustercluck leaving you with 2 options: Camp or run around like you just snorted coke and injected yourself with adrenaline
    • Bippoded LMG's: horrible players getting a few kills and then left with anotherwise useless weapon in other situations, it's not OP, it's not underpowered it just lends to more static/boring gameplay
    • RoF is king on average because devs STILL don't understand gun mechanics, even though they design them (see picture below)
    • Have I mentioned the shotguns yet? It's this crap all over again:
    I've gotten 70-15 KD rounds where I still raged hard at the game.

https://i.imgur.com/BtzgQZC.gif

Picture:

Devs still don't get the relation between inertia, bullet velocity & RPM. Higher RPM makes inertia/velocity control easier vs moving targets especially. They need to reduce inertia & increase bullet velocity on lower RPM weapons to reduce the time gap between potential hits.

Their gun balance has been crap ever since BF4. Sure in competitive some guns will stick out, but in BF3 or BC2 I could wreck squads with just about any gun.

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    aaaaaaaaaand update delayed.

Now im sad.

well, At least the Black Armory is out tomorrow.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, lame.

Back to Mutant Year Zero then :D

8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Oh ffs...

I was looking forward to the KE7 nerf tbh.

As far as having women in a game... I really couldn't care less, it doesn't bother me. Their attitude and "making a big deal out of them" does aggravate me a little though.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    BangTail likes this.
  9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

When it rains it pours.

Solfaur likes this.
  10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same, I'm not a fan of the revisionist history but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes, anyone using a bipoded weapon is a horrible player, and useless... not.

The mg42 is fantastic for either defending a point, or 2nd line attacking points.

But yeah, a twitch player like yourself ofc don't like it.

BangTail likes this.
  12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

I see both sides of that argument but as a graphics whore who plays @4K max details, I like my bipod MGs.

Would be great if the bipod system actually worked properly :p

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    By mounted, do you mean like on a tank, or do you mean bipod? :p

But yeah, bipods are sadly crazy buggy atm :/

BangTail likes this.
  14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I meant bipods, I edited my original post to reflect that :)

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Kk :p

But yeah, more often than not when i throw myself to the ground, and try to aim, my man will either just continue to move, or glide across the ground, making me unable to activate bipod and aim.
    And you can more or less forget about using objects to lean your bipod on, like a fence or something like that, that almost never works. The only way to semi realibly get bipod deployed is on the ground.

I don't understand why they had to go and change the bipod system back to a system similar to that in bf4, which was also very buggy... the simplefied bipod system in bf1 worked perfectly !

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I wouldnt say almost never works. Im really not a support class player, im level 4 or so there. I know its kind of bugged and hard to deploy, but you also have to consider the angle of your view and the object you want to deploy it (on). I also have no problems using bipod when prone, but in general i know what people mean. Its harder than in prev. Battlefields and afaik in BF3 and BF4 bipods were also a problem at launch. It should be easier to deploy them let alone for balace sake, right now if you move a few milimeters to the sides when on a fence or trash can, etc. its constantly switching between bipod deploy animation or you hipfire your mg in "new style" :D.

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Patch was delayed to 6th ?

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    as we evolve people, you see not many posts these days speaks about performance, because simply everyone who buys a mid range graphic card is not gonna have trouble running games as much as before, like for me back in 2008, i used to extract every drip of performance from my games, now u just install play, fps is already 60, no need to tweak, and that is part of the consolization if i might, all development is in favor of consoles and not pc..

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    That certainly depends on your setup... a midrange gpu won't run 4k 60...

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I am going to have to assume you say this, cause you haven't played much with mmg's.

If you prone right up against a wall, then instead of your man automatically moving the distance away from the wall to be able to be fully stretched out, you have to manually move him until you reach that point where he is stretched out and you can bipod and aim, which in a pinch will often get you killed, as you cannot aim unless he is fully stretched out when prone. Often when you prone, there are glitches, so that your man will keep moving a bit, making you unable to deploy bipod. I've even tried where my man glides across the floor for several meters, out from cover right into enemy fire...

I think it is all down to this new "awesome" prone system they have made for bf5, which still really needs some work.