Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I think you are misunderstanding me :p

I don't regret buying it, and if i could do it over, i would buy it again... i would just have done it in a smarter fashion, saving me half the money ;)

big ROBOT bill and BangTail like this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It's still around 40€ for PC but I personally got Origin Premium to pay less since I'm pretty sure that I won't have time to play that much next year.

signex likes this.
  3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Oh no, I understood as I am in the same boat.

I guess my point was that I'm not super concerned about paying a little more as long as I get my money's worth at the end of the day.

Sorry if it wasn't clear :)

4. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Problem with that is that I can sometimes have a much better experience overall with an 8 hour game vs a 100 hour one. If I spent 100 hours of boring grinding vs 8 hours of pure enjoyment, then (to me) the 8 hour ride of joy is better than a lackluster 100 hours of meh. I don't like game length becoming a review statistic unless a game is too short. Otherwise, we are only giving companies the incentive to pad gameplay with needless grinding/chores. There are some games that are long and tedious to the point where I feel like the damn developer should be paying me to play the game. A truly amazing game is one that lasts a long time and keeps you entertained the whole time!

I think Greenman gaming was using game length as a selling point statistic on their website and there were multiple articles going over why this is a bad thing to do.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea depends on the game a 10 12 hour shooter game is a longish fps, but a 20 hour rpg is short. but the quality of those hours can account for a lot.

Its not all about time of engagement vs dollar value. But a game you can sink 200 300 400 1000 hours into and enjoy is always special to you at lest. so it tends to be a good overall metric with obvious possible exceptions.

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Kolt

Sorry, I should have qualified that a little better, the $5.00 per hour scale is for MP games only.

My criteria for SP is a little different.

Kolt likes this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Worst Game Buy:

Battlefront 1 was my worst fan buy/video game buy ever. Preordered the Ultimate Edition, aka Premium with all DLC etc, at 100$+. DLC were all dead and splitting player base, and the game while releasing in november could be found at 20$ in december...
    Spent 160h on it, but still... Tough lesson.

Best Game Buy:

R6S for 13euros/15$, i'm over 260h on it, haven't spent a single extra $.

Solfaur likes this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Omg, just had the most infuriating moment in bf5...

I was laying with my mg42, protecting C on the mountain map (you know the point in the middle of the map) - round was nearly over, they only had a few tickets left, and a huge group of them came right into my crosshairs... i had downed 6 of them when a squad member ran infront of me, and just bounced up and down, completely blocking my view... the moron did so because we had just gotten enough points for the v1 rocket, and he wanted me to fire it... which meant i missed like 10 more kills -_-

The most stupid part of it was that with so little time left, the round would have ended before the v1 had gotten there anyways...

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    You know what is completely ruining the game for me? Bombers. It's worse than BF1 for some reason. There are no real way to counter them. AA is garbage in this game. They really need to do something about it.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Founders
    Everybody hates them. Except the pilots. Tons of videos on youtube from players complaining about it, and tons of videos from pilots showing off their bombing runs.

The upcoming patch is going to try and address it.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/161023/battlefield-vs-known-issues-list

Kolt and Dragam1337 like this.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/battlefield-v-december-4-dxr-update/

BangTail, XenthorX and Kolt like this.
  12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I was just about to post that! This is excellent news for RTX owners. Performance gains are massive, and they are touting even better visuals as well.

Excited. Now nerf those damn bomber planes and add some more content and then I'll be happy. I'm not exactly liking Dice and EA after all that ignorant PC/political crap they are pulling (like the #everyonesbattlefield crap they are doing right now), but the game is still pretty darn good and they seem to be trying to make it better. I hope this can just be a good lesson for developers to focus on making games and not making political statements and trying to re-write history.

BangTail likes this.
  13. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    10 INSANE DETAILS IN Battlefield V:

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    50 things battlefield lied about or misrepresented.

10 clickbait details that maybe someone took the time to get right, or they just lucked out.

15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

Look like the word is out on BFV.
    I won't be surprised if this hits 1 million views.

Solfaur and KissSh0t like this.

16. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It is?

Because AJ says so?

LOL, funny stuff.

Party Poison likes this.
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    AJ gave it a 5 of 10 dell gave it a 3 or 4 other joe 4 i think.

qualifying that they were reviewing the game as released because half the story and other modes are "coming soon" the maps were limited and only 3 or 4 they liked. time to kill was discussed as being too COD.

So they pushed the game out the door before it was done, they did not take fan concerns seriously enough and failed to make a game that feels like battlefield.

And then you add in the SJW stuff and your already alienated a bunch of fans via that. told them literally not to buy the game, right on there.

And you release a half completed game. Probably because they had to rip the loot boxes out before they got regulated or boycotted.

Solfaur likes this.
  18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    They just said in the sneak peak live stream for the tomorrows update, thats its gonna be delay....seriously...what...!?

I also thought the new panzer map is tanks only, where you spawn in them, like it was in the armoreded Kill in BF3? Wasn it like Air superiority where you spawn in them?
    Nonotherless, you can spawn normal and run around on this map. Its very wide open, so if the 7 tanks each faction have are taken, it will be a sniper fest.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    How doesn't this feel like a battlefield? Sure, it is lacking in the content department, and imo the SJW crap Dice is pulling is stupid beyond belief... BUT gameplay wise, it is very good, and it feels every bit like a battlefield game...

My ratings on what i care about in a game on a scale from 1 to 10 :

Gameplay 8 - First and foremost, the game is FUN ! Hits all the buttons for me in regards to a battlefield game, including the lowest TTK since bf3, which is absolutely a plus for me - it isn't a 9 or 10 because of bugs (bipod bugs like half the time you try to deploy it -_-) and balance issues (primarily bombers) which can at times really ruin the experience (but they are getting nerfed tomorrow *yay*). The limited content available atm is also of varying quality - for instance i only really like 3 of the 8 available maps (rotterdam, devastation and arras), and i really hate a map like fjell. Imo the gamemode grand operations feels much less epic than the operations in bf1, where you feel like day 1 and 2 is rather meaningless, cause the attackers will always get to day 3 no matter what. Conquest is still sublime though, and hopefully they will reinstate the "normal" operations from bf1.

Graphics 8 - looks great, but there are quite alot of textures that aren't very high res, which you especially notice when you like me use the bipod alot. Given how relatively little vram the game uses, they could easily have used higher res textures all around.

Performance 9 - for how it looks, and what the game is doing, the performance is top notch. Then why doesn't it get a 10? Give us that official SLI profile...

Longevity 9 - currently it doesn't have alot of content (there are currently 8 maps), but there will be added a ton of stuff over time to come back to the game for.

20. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    the word is out lol

Like AJ just came back from 6 months undercover.

frack me people put way too much faith in youtubers, Try it and form your own opinion for Christs sake