The AMD Ryzen All In One Thread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling Part 2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    My New Timings 3360MHz w/FSB105 (~68-> 69.7ns [​IMG] )
    Overall faster than my last good 3500MHz CL16-17-17-17 36 54 416 1T GD 1.5v w/SOC 1.193v

Changed:
    ProcODT from 60 to 53
    CAD Bus from all 30 to all 20
    RTT same OFF/OFF/4 (need to test 7/OFF/4)

Also changed:
    DRAM Tune from 64 to Auto (all 4)
    SOC at 1.162 (fluc. 1.090 - 1.112v)
    DRAM at 1.45v (fluc. 1.395 - 1.439v)

Voltage Switch Freq. (was 350 all CPU/SOC/DRAM) now at 300KHz

Note:
    Im still learing my RAM (It's 4133 CL19 1.35v Kit)
    This week i will have my last 2x8GB -> So Final Build is with 32GB 4133MHz

UPD.
    It has Arrived today !
    Now my PC has 32GB 4133MHz DDR4 at 3360Mhz CL14 !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    jura11, Jagman and chispy like this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    First AMD EPYC Rome Motherboard Spotted w/PCIe 4.0

Part of AMD’s recent pre-announcement of its next generation Rome server processors, using 7nm chiplets and running up to 64 cores, is that the new processors will be compatible with current motherboards on the market.
    However, one of the new features of Rome is the use of PCIe 4.0. PCIe 4.0 has different standards for on-board signalling in order to get the required speed, so even though the processors are backwards compatible with PCIe 3.0,
    we expect new motherboards and new systems to be developed with PCIe 4.0 specifications in mind.
    Today, we saw the first early revision of such a motherboard.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13596/first-amd-epyc-rome-motherboard-spotted

jura11, Jagman and chispy like this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    DDR5 Memory Development Completed By SK Hynix – First DRAM Hits 5200 MT/s at 1.1V, 16 Gb Densities

[​IMG]
    In a press release, SK Hynix confirmed that they have completed development of their 16 Gb DDR5 DRAM. The next-generation DRAM is totally compliant of the JEDEC standard and is based on a 10 nm process node,
    allowing for efficient and faster operation than current generation DDR4 DRAM.

The DDR5 DRAM will be adopted by future computing platforms, starting off with servers first. The memory platform aims to deliver higher speeds with increased bandwidth and greater capacities.
    The priority target market would be data-centric applications which include Machine Learning, AI and Big Data.

“Based on technological advancements that allowed the industry’s first DDR5 DRAM to meet the JEDEC standards, SK Hynix plans to begin mass producing the product from 2020, when the DDR5 market is expected to open, to actively respond to the demands of clients,”
    said vice president Joohwan Cho, the Head of Volume Product Design Group.

Coming to the specifications, SK Hynix completed development of a 16 Gb DDR5 DRAM with their 10nm process technology. They are using the same process for the 8 Gb DDR4 DRAM but with the DDR5 interface,
    you get more than just faster speeds. It’s an architectural upgrade as a whole that aims to deliver the best efficiency that DRAM can offer.
    The DDR5 module that was developed runs with just 1.1V. This alone is a 30% decrease in power consumption compared to 1.2V on the DDR4 DRAM.

[​IMG]

In addition to the power improvements, the 16 Gb DDR5 DRAM has a data transfer rate of 5200 MT/s which is 60% faster than the standard 3200 MHz of DDR4 DRAM.
    Currently, there are only few memory kits out which offer up to 4800 MHz speeds while overclockers have achieved far beyond 5000 MHz using LN2. But consider this, 5000 MHz+ speeds on DDR4 were achieved using the best of the best overclocking tools,
    with DDR5, you would get that as a standard memory with overclocked speeds going beyond 6400 MHz.

SK Hynix has already stated that they are providing a major chipset manufacturer with DDR5 RDIMMs and UDIMMs. These are for both server and PC platforms, offering twice the capacity as current-generation memory.
    While the development of DDR5 has been completed, the actual adoption rate would take some time to hit the same levels as DDR4.
    That is expected around 2020, the same time around when SK Hynix plans to begin mass production for their DDR5 DRAM.

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I never had temps this low...
    26-27c while using chrome.....

my pc doesnt work well as a heater....lol

my gpu on full clocks running at 30c idle
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Jagman and chispy like this.

5. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    When I select high performance power plan the core speed seems to fluctuate? This doesn't happen on my old Intel rig. Is this normal? I expected the core speed to be locked but it isn't. Under processor power management the minimum is set to 100% but not all cores are sticking to that.

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  7. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    dd5 at 5200 is good but if latency is bad might not make a difference they should try and lower latency first i think anyway

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    32GB 4x8GB Stable 100%
    Will Tweak Moar in time (BFV ;))

UPD. Also Stable :D
    tWRWRSD/DD need to be at 6 for 32GB

Note:
    Is good to Set (for 4x8GB - all banks)
    DF Common options/ Location of private memory region -> as Distributed

New
    [​IMG]

OLD

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Jagman, chispy and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Here some new Stable settings
    Low V for SOC & DRAM ! -> Now is set: SOC 1.1v DRAM 1.4v

OMG That DDR4 Kit can do miracles when Tweaked right.
    Note: Im close to 1T (no-GD) at similar LL timings [​IMG]

But still i can't manage why Latency is so High? Should be ~68ns

[​IMG]

RespecT to @1usmus !

chispy likes this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    4133MHz CL19 :D (I need to try this out)

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL that guy I think he even posted a video doing 4600Mhz on Ryzen ,not a chance. I am jealous ,I want my 4000+ Mhz Ryzen ram to work past 4000Mhz.

If interested I tested some DDR4 from 3200/3466/3600 CL14 and CL16,damm no 4000Mhz for me on my cheap ass Ryzen stuff.
    BTW for those who want to know with tight timing on the ram from 2933Mhz thru 3600Mhz no difference in gaming on average for me@2560 x 1440.

Update AGESA Code 1.0.0.6 for my board and still no pass 3600Mhz on the ram.
    Back to modded BIOS with AGESA Code 1.0.0.4 for me.

https://i.**********/hvZKQKMZ/memtest.png

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Just out of curiosity, what are your timings? There are two timings, Trdrd_Scl and Twrwr_Scl, that have a huge impact on ram bandwidth. The Stilt suggested them to be set to 2 if possible. Trfc has a decent impact as well.
    [​IMG]
    Those are still the timings am using.

13. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well the timings were all the same for CL14 3200/3466/3600 with same sub-timings for those screen grabs on AIDA64,I actually do not care about the bandwidth.I just want it stable when gaming.Also I run @3200 all the time since I have no difference in gaming from 2933mhz-3600Mhz. Thanks for the advice I will look into it.

CL16 I used default sub-timings.

My actual timings when i just checked are just about the same as your timings.
    The only difference from screenshot I posted is I lowered
    tRCDWR from 14 to 13
    tRP from 14 to 13

14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    chispy and Clouseau like this.

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Wonder what the issue with 1.0.0.6 is for the C6H. Overclock.net and the ROG forum is increasing in negativity towards ASUS. Thankfully sanity prevails here.

Will see what the C8H has in store for new Ryzen.

EDIT:
    New favorite meme
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    chispy likes this.
  17. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Possibly people was expecting to run their 3000 Mhz ram at 4000 Mhz. For me BIOS 1103 on C7H enabled my Flare X to run 3600 MHz, which I could not do the last time i tried on BIOS 0702. (I didn't try on BIOS 1002)
    Apart from that, there is no difference between AGESA 1.0.0.6 and the previous one, performance wise. Since I game in 1440p the sweetspot for me is still 3200 MHz with tight timings, since running the ram @ 3600 MHz
    lowers the CPU clock unless I bump the VCore a few steps and then it becomes counter productive. I usually run with CPU voltage offset at -0.075 and it still boost to 4350 on single core and remains cool and quite.

3200 MHz AGESA 1.0.0.6
    [​IMG]

3600 MHz AGESA 1.0.0.6
    [​IMG]

chispy likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    The First Consumer Platform To Support PCIe Gen 4.0

According to the slide posted at Gamer.com.tw, AMD is planning to introduce Matisse-based chipset already at Computex. The slides have Gigabyte watermarks.

This X570 chipset would be the first to support PCI Express Gen 4, a technology supported by Zen 2 and 7nm Vega.
    This is interesting because AMD was not very eager to confirm that consumer parts, such as Ryzen or Radeon RX, would also support PCIe 4.0.
    If this leak holds true, then it would be very strange if Navi and Ryzen 3000 were not capable of supporting PCIe 4.0 as well.

The slide is clearly a few months ago, as B450 and Athlon 200GE series are still marked in red. That said, it is possible that the launch could be planned for a different event now.

[​IMG]

chispy likes this.
  19. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    Its been a while since I posted anything but when I did I posted about some issues with my ram and Ryzen. I was running 2 kits 1 was 2133 and the other was 2400 and neither was on my mobo's QVL.

I just got some Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz ram that is on that list and BOOM. PC boots up nice and quick now the mobo is not messing with the memory settings at boot trying to get it to work.

No more random crashes. I was always getting GPU related crashes if you remember and they are gone. I was gaming for 8 hours yesterday with not so much as a hiccup from my system.

Goes to show, Make sure you get the right ram!

Over the past 18 Years I had never really kept to matching ram in any of my systems and they all worked fine for the most part up and till Ryzen. Ryzen is fussy about ram xD

Its a breath of fresh air! I can play Overwatch and PUBG with out thinking "Oh god, Whens it gonna crash on me"

Time for some OC'ing fun then! Weeeeeeeeee

AsiJu and OnnA like this.
  20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Despide I had to download and install manually (EZ Flash didn't found the update on the servers), didn't found any issue so far.
    A more useful release note would be appriciate from ASUS.
    As for AGESA still stucked on 1.0.0.2c, until a new version will be required for Zen2/7nm CPUs, I prefer bug fixes then new bugs, Windows 10 update policy is enough stupid to not bring it on hardware. Hopefully 1.0.0.6 is going to fix 1.0.0.4c issues instead to increase them..

OnnA likes this.