Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Time to get a new cpu, or overclock harder. Nothing you can do in regards to the game to lower the cpu load, only the gpu load.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Finally fully completed the mastery assignments for the m1907... damn the last one was difficult for me, either 10 kills in 1 life while attacking objectives (meaning killing someone within an enemy flag zone that the squad leader has marked as the objective), or 20 kills in 1 round while attacking objectives.

Completed it whilst being an attacker on the rotterdam map in breakthrough mode... reckoned that if i was ever gonna do it, it was going to be in that game mode, on that map, and i was right xD

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Both high and low FoV have their advantages. Higher FoV reduces perceived recoil, lower decreases visual distance to target, which makes them look larger on screen. I use 100 Horizontal FoV wherever I can, it's an old Quake/UT habit.

cerebus23 and big ROBOT bill like this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well EA told gamers not to buy this game, and ouch those sales yo. Guess gamers took EAs advice for once.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    How are sales going anyway? Haven't really happened to stumble across any sales numbers. You got any numbers by chance?

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Lol, i still have over a week left of Origin premiere (already canceled sub.). And you can already find BF5 below 40$. :eek:

BF5 is a great game which i'm sure gonna be a major FPS for years to come. But marketing has been terrible, i think the most casual part of the playerbase skipped it to probably go with CoD:Blackout and its battleroyal. Talking out of my a$$ of course, no data to use as reference.

Kolt likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    At keysellers?

XenthorX likes this.
  8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Yeah, i've been using instant-gaming for years now, never had any issues, 39euros while on origin store it's 54euros.

By mid-december we might reach 30$ or less, would be a no-brainer for me at this price. I'm still on Origin Premier until 9th december anyway :D

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Talking out of your a$$ sure, but you are more than likely very correct. BF5 seems popular with the veteran/Battlefield community but I don't think it got the attention of casuals or your typical gamers at all. It's a tough one for EA. Their best move IMO is to show that they care about the game and provide good updates. Dec 4 could be their chance to win back a lot of the playerbase that hasn't shown interest yet. They have a chance for this to be like Rainbow Six Siege if they stick with it.. but this isn't Ubisoft we are talking about here. EA isn't known for "sticking with it" and giving any kind of show of good faith. More than likely the playerbase they didn't catch will move on and never look back at this game. It's a sad state when Ubisoft is used as an example of what to do correctly.. lol

XenthorX likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    lol, so we're already at 30$ for consoles? :eek:

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I do feel a bit buttfucked preordering the game for full price, even if it was just the normal version :S

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah EA has a tendency for quick discounts even if sales are good.

Hmm.

frack

EDIT: Well what do you know, there's a difference between normal and the butt version after all...

14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Excellent, I might pick this up when it's around £20. I used to be a big BF fan, starting with 1942, skipped Vietnam, didn't like the setting.

I spent way too much time in BF2, starting in beta all the way through til 2142 release date. 2142 didn't really do much for me so while I didn't skip it, I only played it for some 100 hours and went back to BF2. That was such a brilliant game.

When Bad Company 2 came to PC, I played the sh*t out of it, I really enjoyed that one and when BF3 was announced, I couldn't wait for it. And what a game it was.

Loved every minute in BF3 and while it wasn't perfect, it was a great game. BF4, I was really hyped for and I loved that game. Spent countless hours on it.

Then the series went dead for me. Didn't enjoy BF1 at all, not a fan of WW1 in the slightest. And BFV I'm not convinced about. WW2 is more tolerable than WW1 to me but it's been done so many times it's kinda boring.

So I'll wait for a sale. Oh, Hardline... I didn't bother.

IMO, BF games should be set in a modern warfare setting. That really works for me and that's why I loved BF2/3/4 so much.

BFV is kinda intriguing but I doubt it'll better the games I like so much so I'll wait for a £20 sale.

moab600 likes this.
  15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The WW1 setting was kind of dull after a while. BF V is better than BF1, but worse than anything that came before BF1 tbh.

I bought it because... well between BF & The Division, I've lost a lot of interest in games. I would play CoD if it had proper gun mechanics, but alas that's a silly 360 noscope lollers game these days. Everything else is basically a Battle Royale... blegh.

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I've already gotten a little tired of the game tbh... granted i have played it for 150 hours already, but the last couple of days, i haven't really played it.

I feel there are several reasons to it... but mostly it's down there only being 8 maps, and only half of them being to my liking. Doesn't help that i am not currently running with a clan either.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm hot happy you're feeling that way, but that's EXACTLY how I felt with BF4 and BF1, and this time I didn't buy it.... and I've escaped the cycle. I feel you bro :confused:

18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I am not sad that i bought the game, cause i do like it, but when i see that the game is already 50% off, and i could in theory have waited with buying it till dec 9 (as i bought origin access premier for a month)... makes me go a bit ARGH...

fantaskarsef and BangTail like this.
  19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Dragam1337

My formula for assessing whether a multiplayer game is worth the money or not is to simply assign a value of $5.00 per hour of entertainment derived up to the total amount spent.

If you've played 150 hours, that entertainment value far exceeds the money you spent :)

Of course, that's just my formula and it means nothing in the grand scheme of things ;)

I used to play certain games for months but 'burnout' tends to happen much faster these days (I'm sure it's a function of age).

All this to say that 150 hours is a good amount of time and I'm sure you'll be back at it after a break.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Strongly agree, BC2 and BF4 to me, were the best battlefield out there.

I hate WW2 fps games with passion now, it's been done so many times it's really boring, plus BF1 and 5 brought really nothing exciting to the table.