Nvidia Geforce 417.01 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Nov 26, 2018.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Right. You need to set TV to PC mode, plug in to HDMI 2.0 (on 4k), then set driver to full RGB (when/if required).

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Anyone with an RTX card notice any frame improvements?

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You have this backwards. It took Nvidia forever just to add the basic full/limited toggle. The DEFAULT for being connected via HDMI is LIMITED and not full RGB for compatibility. It has not changed for some time. This is new behavior for the NVCP and for how Windows 10 interacts with it. I'm perfectly well aware of how to set up my set and the various settings.

4. Guys, in any case I do not think this driver will have long life.
    I learned that the Deluxe version of Just Cause 4 will be playable 24h early (3th December ) So we have to expect a new driver between this Friday or next Monday.

Dj_ALeX likes this.

5. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    all GeForce drivers 4xx are garbage, whith 417.01 for me, I have to change hdmi black in tv, GHZ number bug in driver infos, can't reach many sites loading and Nothing happens, gamepad disconnecting randomly, i gave up here can't play with gamepad, driver is very good in games but feel like rig is overheating and overconsuming so i reverted to old driver working fine 399.24, voila.

6. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    bump
    -

ill update to latest win10 and want the most stable and bug free driver possible but still work well with latest win 10, right now im on win7 with gtx1080 and 385.41 (stable as fu)

from reading the last couple threads, 399.24 seems to be a good candidate
    thx

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Odd. I'm not saying there is or isn't issues but I jumped from 378.92 to 417.01 and tried the manual strip down clean install that requires no tools and found the system running a little cooler. Though overall, saw no gains nor degradation on a 1080Ti.

I haven't seen any other issues so far...

8. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Does anyone have issues with MS Edge with this driver? (except me?)

9. It is a known issue, will be fixed in the next driver coming in few days

10. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Great, thanks. I should start reading the Known Issues section

11. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Working fine for me on GTX 1060, WIN10 LTSC 1809 17763.134.

12. flexy

flexy Guest

GPU:
    Riva 128
    But it doesn't make sense that the default for HDMI is limited! In particular not for a HDMI monitor, and for instance for my VR display which is
    And for any other display that is not exclusively used for movies. There is no logical reason that a digital display connected to a PC would output limited as default UNLESS Nvidia, for some abstruse reason, thinks that any HDMI digital display is a "TV". This is why I also mentioned it would actually make sense if this time it's the other way around. (As I understand it, the issue is now that this can't be changed, because yes, there can be scenarios where you want to change this).

13. Has been released one Hotfix few minutes ago :rolleyes:

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and turning the HDMI Black level to normal in the samsung osd

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It makes all the sense that the TV standard is used by default in TV's and monitors listing HD/UHD resolutions.

16. hoffer

hoffer Active Member

GPU:
    hd4600
    @-Tj- why 399.41, not 399.24 whql, or neither's 399.xx developer vulkan? Better perfomance or newer vulkan instructions?

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Both are ok, tried 399.41 again to see if it's also ok and it is. Dont mind it at this point. Got tired of all 41x.xx series.

I don't play the very latest games.. newest so far is only Strange Brigade and that runs fine with 399.xx too.

18. flexy

flexy Guest

GPU:
    Riva 128
    Let me tell why it doesn't make sense, but feel free to correct me:

Limited range 16-235 is "broadcast standard", alright. This is what a BluRay player, HD DVD etc. puts out, and this is what a TV expects from a BluRay.

When you connect a PC to a TV and have the PC/GPU output "limited", what you do is basically you emulate that your PC acts like a BluRay player or similar, outputting this broadcast colour range. This is ok in the following scenarios:

* You use the PC as a HTPC for watching movies *exclusively" - you basically turn your PC into a software media player - and you don't do anything else with it. Check.

* You use your TV with a console, where I understand that most consoles actually output "limited". (Even if this is questionable why a console should do this...but I guess it's simply because consoles are normally connected to a "TV")

If you use a TV in such a way, as a "software media player": clear. But it is a different story if you use your TV also for other things. Working, desktop, GAMING, youtube, whatever. So why would you want to output limited in this case? You DON'T. In such a case, you want to use the full range of colours - especially since your media player (and/or the filters you use with it) allow you to set it that way that you can leave your card and your TV at "full", so let the player do the conversion.

** Nvidia, for some bizarre reason (at least in the past) set it to limited as default for anything connected to HDMI. Including monitors. But it doesn't make sense except for these two mentioned scenarios. And it sure doesn't make sense if you connect an ordinary monitor to your PC, where you might possibly not even watch movies. (Or only rarely). So why output "broadcast standard" to a monitor? Doesn't make sense.