The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @anxious_f0x

Sorry to hear that mate, I hope they get it sorted out for you most ricky tick.

2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    It's being picked up Monday so should be a quick turnaround hopefully.

The other card seems to be performing well at least.

pharma and BangTail like this.
  3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Nice, hope you're back in action ASAP :)

anxious_f0x likes this.
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    short memory then.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ce-lounge/modern-graphics-card-failure-rates/
    https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/nvidia-gtx-280-high-failure-rates-rma.203523/

Was blown out of proportion then too.

The1, tensai28, pharma and 1 other person like this.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I've had comments on my youtube videos regarding my 2080-ti and supposedly 'high failure rate', there's so much missinformation out there.

6. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Of course there is and always will be, sadly.

7. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Yup, to sum up the internet recently; all the 2080ti's are failing and all the buyers are suckers because they can't get super performance with ray tracing which apparently is the only reason anyone buys a 2080ti.:rolleyes:

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Give me the normalized return % :rolleyes:

10. rolldog

rolldog Guest

GPU:
    2 x Gigabyte 980Ti G1 6GB
    You obviously don't know anything about what you're talking about. You watch too much CNBC. NVDA came up short on what were incredibly high expectations for their earnings, but if you only look at the numbers and stop listening to the talking heads you'll see that NVDA reported revenue of $3.18B, up from $2.6B y/y (+21%), while increasing their dividend and returning $1.13B to shareholders year to date. The crypto mining business was never factored into anything since everyone knew it wasn't recurring revenue. Their earnings increased by 48% y/y, which is huge especially for a multi billion dollar company. These new chips are more expensive to fabricate, which should be a no brainer, so their margins compressed. It goes back to the point BangTail made about emotional reactions. It's difficult for most people be rational and not get emotional to the overreacting media because it's human nature. It gave me an opportunity to load up on call options for dirt cheap, and in a couple of months when no one is talking about it anymore, I'll be selling my calls for a nice gain and the stock will be exactly where it was before earnings.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Uh oh, now you've done it, facts and numbers are like kryptonite to these people.

They'd much rather deal in conjecture, FUD, and what they want to believe.

Sadly, there seem to be lot of people who simply aren't happy if there isn't something to complain about these days.

There goes a man with integrity.

pharma and rolldog like this.
  12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    So the fact that they projected Q4 earnings of $2.7bn means nothing? This would be a notable decrease from $2.91bn a year ago and way below the $3.4bn that investors were expecting. Also, the crypto business WAS a factor - it was previously thought that crypto had a limited effect on their bottom line but that was proven wrong. AMD stock also tanked at the same time because of what Huang said about crypto affecting other GPU makers (basically throwing AMD under the bus).

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Give me a cookie and I will.

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    [​IMG]

pharma, BangTail and BuildeR2 like this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Too much chocolate

Btw I can name 10users here who had it fcked, that's enough to say it's not innocent. I didn't see so much failure with those so called 280gtx at these forums back then. Fermi was more troublesome and still not as this.

Now enjoy your 2080ti's while it lasts.

Mufflore likes this.

16. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    We will.:rolleyes: Now please stop coming to this topic and fighting with people who are enjoying their cards.

Getting tired of coming back here just to see it's nothing but people fighting. Would be great if we could get back to discussing the cards. Not sure why a few users need to keep coming on here complaining when they don't even have any intention of buying them. What difference does it make to them that people are enjoying them and buying them? Some of us want to play our games maxed at 4k. If we're willing to spend the money, what's the problem?

Yes exactly. Also can't wait to see what dlss brings to the table.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

That seems the case for almost every thread here lately. People going into a specific thread just to argue against the people in there.

I don't even post in the Fallout thread about things i've seen or found in game as its just wall to wall negativity and arguing.

pharma, tensai28 and BangTail like this.
  18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I left as well except to answer you, every other post in there is pure hatred, mostly from people who do not like the game, have not played the game and/or have no intention of playing the game.

I respect everyone's opinion but if you don't like the game and you have no intention of playing it, speak your piece and move on, there is no need to post how much you can't stand something on page after page, none whatsoever.

Obviously, the same logic can be applied to this thread ;)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    pharma, sKutDeath and tensai28 like this.
  19. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Make it 11.

20. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Day 42...Still glad my 2080Ti's are still alive...Been Playing games and benchmarking...

Benchmarks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sKutDeath, XenthorX, BangTail and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.