Nvidia Geforce 417.01 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Nov 26, 2018.

1. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    MSI GTX 960 2GB Gaming

P.S. It is crashing now. I don't know why. Played about 30 minutes last night on DX12, no issues, started the game today, crashes 3 times in a row. Couldn't play for 5 seconds.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Clean install option still doesn't clean out most of previous driver settings. Color depths, DSR mode, etc. are left intact after "clean installing" over the previous release, on Win10 1809 at least. That's for no GFE option at least.

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same here, annoying :(

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  4. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    I did full DDU installation and can confirm that synthetic benchmarks show better frame times but worse frame rates(compared to 416.94).

Also color settings in NVIDIA Settings panel default now to "Full" and not "Limited"(16-235), even when it shows "Limited" as default selected option when customizing settings. I got HDMI monitor. In "Desktop color settings" panel it also defaults to custom settings if those are being set, while old defaults are gone(50%/50%/1.00). Previously clicking "Other applications control color settings" would change custom settings back to old defaults.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018

5. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Same problem here, I use a 48" Hitachi TV for my display via HDMI and I'm stuck in full range RGB no matter what setting I choose, going to have to roll back to 416.94 unless someone knows of a solution.

6. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    I have just reverted back to 416.94 and have changed my setting to YCBCR 444 and all those monochrome gradients above show correctly, with the 417.01 the black portions were crushed no matter what setting I chose (like Full RGB was being forced no matter what)

7. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Yes it was thank you, I hope nVidia realize this issue and can have it corrected in next driver.

8. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    Yes, previous driver was Ok. No issues, no crashes.

-Tj- likes this.
  9. kroks

kroks Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    one driver per game should be called beta

10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Hmm, think I'll stick with 411.70

11. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Seeing them just fine here.

I can't believe people are so lazy they don't check their gamma settings when a gamma test says it's set incorrectly - instead blaming THE ENTIRE DISPLAY DRIVER. JUST CHECK YOUR SETTINGS! It's not that hard!

"What settings?" Well any that have to do with display of course. Duh?? It's not that hard of a concept to imagine installing a new driver could possibly result in a setting changing.

A great example is monitor gamma settings in NVCP. On SOME monitors you have to go into the driver and reselect them once after upgrading otherwise the squares to calibrate your gamma/contrast settings will show that it is OBVIOUSLY SET INCORRECTLY.

Honestly, people treat this stuff like some sort of voodoo. Unbelievable. Install the latest driver when it releases, case closed. The only thing wrong here is. PEBKAM

12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Don't need DDU.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/71-...emove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers-new-2016-a.html

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

SharpGame likes this.
  13. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    it shows when you are installing (custom install), it ended up saying the version i had was newer so it kept my 1.3.0 installed.

14. jazz9

jazz9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    No issue here, seeing all the squares with 417.01.

15. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    In my rig the 416.94 were perfect for me so no need to upgrade this or future unless there is a criticial fix for me, not going to purchase ds3 (never played anyone anyway), or jc4.

16. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    I think you'll see all the squares correctly if you're on a screen which is already running Full RGB with no problems, screens like mine however have to either run in Limited RGB or YCbCr444 to have the correct colour range - this is not me 'being lazy' or not having something not setup correctly, as soon as I went back to 416.94 it is totally fixed and reproducible as a bug when compared to 417.01.

edit: even people over on nVidia reddit are experiencing the same problems

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/a0k6uk/driver_41701_faqdiscussion/eaie7lt/

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    SharpGame likes this.
  17. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    The full/limited setting is actually broken in this driver. It's always on full.
    Even the YCbCr444 and YCbCr422 mode is set to "full" now, causing black crushing etc.
    So yeah this driver is broken.

18. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Got a Bsod in Assassins Creed Odyssey with these, first crash in over 100 hours of play and the only thing that's different is these drivers, rolling back for now also got blackscreens after monitors wake from sleep, bit of a waste of time installing for me, oh well worth a try.

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's true for TVs made before 2008 or something.

20. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    [​IMG]

AQUILES likes this.