Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Again)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 23, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I still don't see what is the issue. My laptop runs off of intel display drivers and works fine on 1809.

2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Yes I have. No issue on 1809 so what's the fuss about?

3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
  4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    [​IMG]

Working fine here on my laptop. Not sure what the issue is.

5. poornaprakash

poornaprakash Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/Nvidia
    Intel design drivers for Windows 10. If a driver causes problems for v1809 and not any other Windows versions its Microsoft problem.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You're not affected? Congrats? Go tell MS that, they might even be grateful and remove the blocks they've added because of bugs they could reproduce. You could've left your post at "my machine works okay though" like some others did but neah, you had to go the extra mile and sh!t on the forum and tell someone to kill themselves.

Extraordinary likes this.
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Man, I have not seen you in frontpage news section for some time. Maybe you can shift your toxicity back to place where were you doing it till now.
    Ridiric is unpleasantly right. @Extraordinary : What goes around comes around.

ManofGod likes this.
  8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Eh? Says the wise guy who randomly tagged in another user in the thread just to call 1809 a failure.

9. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    did you read what the problem is? intel drivers are using unsupported features of windows. and if you read the rest you'd see that they need intel to remedy it. Not the other way around.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You have that random person right here. It is fr33k and I did not target him. I kindly asked him multiple time how much damage MS must do before he considers given release as failed.
    As you can see here, he has no limit. Or maybe loss of lives would be. Rally hard to say. I kind of do not want to find out.

11. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Nowadays if you rely on your PC and would have serious issues doing your job or similar without it, you should run Linux. The risk of a forced update breaking things is too high for me, Windows just isn't an option.

Gaming is the only reason I use Windows 10.

carnivore and Fox2232 like this.
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol? Your post is in page 3 while fr33k didn’t even post until you tagged him just so you can continue whatever argument you have with him. https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/m...-2018-update-again.424048/page-3#post-5610126

Now don't get toxic yourself.

Microsoft screws things up often. Intel has to deal with it. Intel has a problematic driver. Affects 1809 and and upgrades to it are blocked if the driver is detected. MS shouldn't mess around so much and Intel has to fix it ultimately. Simples. A guy acted oversmart and got called a dumbass for it and I'd do it again and here you are playing white knight ex post facto. *facepalm*

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I quoted him to find out if 2nd recall of build is enough. It was not. And as you can read, I did not get all personal with him. I was just interested in knowing what tolerance he has for MS.

And I simply think that you did not have to escalate personal attacks. I am sure you can deliver slap with factual statements about technology discussed.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A PM would've been enough for you to find out freek's opinion. I don't take someone who calls the forum embarrassing and at the same time saying no one here uses intel drivers seriously. If you're so upset by "dumbass" maybe you should also wag your finger at the kill yourself comment. Now knock it off and let the thread take its course.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Sunday drama. I like it xD

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I agree with you there. I also need windows since I game and Linux isn't really an option for me.

Reported you for sending death threats. Sending death threats is far worse than calling someone a dumbass.

17. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Same on my laptop as well.

18. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    You have to be kidding me, right? There was no death threat there at all. You have never heard the phrase go take a long walk off a short pier? You must be quite young then.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    tensai28 likes this.
  19. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    There was no kill yourself comment at all. Please stop taking things out of context. You clearly do not understand what it means to say go take a long walk off a short pier.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  20. poornaprakash

poornaprakash Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/Nvidia
    And you believed MS words that "Intel drivers are using unsupported features of windows". Intel used unsupported features of v1809 but not on any other windows 10 or older windows versions ? Wow :p Did MS paid you to defend their s**t products ?