Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Again)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 23, 2018.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Microsoft is the devil. Period. Antichrist himself. They want to blow up your pcs.

Guys like you bashing everything, are promoting AI programming and robots replacing humanity. Let's hope automated programming is gonna save your days.

People with your negativity and idiots like Bill Gates, are saying we programmers, need replacement by machines. Thanks for the clean and bright future.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Because the affected drivers aren't available on windows 7/8.

3. poornaprakash

poornaprakash Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/Nvidia
    There is no exclusive Intel driver for v1809.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Still It's Intel's Job to make sure that their drivers work properly. However MS could be partially to blame for not testing the Intel drivers further to let Intel know that there is a problem with their drivers.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Also I saw it's only newest v24 driver, Im stuck at v20 for older igpu @ Haswell.. so it's not all intel gpus.

Fender178 likes this.
  6. poornaprakash

poornaprakash Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/Nvidia
    Well the same Intel driver had no issues with any other Windows 10 and previous Windows versions, Microsoft is obviously the culprit here with its poor quality QA process.

7. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    intel has had 1809 for probably more than a month and they should have caught the problem with their drivers and fixed it.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Have you read about fallback? You do not need WDDM 2.5 driver for 1809. intel did not have to move finger and it should have work.
    Or do you think that MS is to dictate intel when to make which driver and what they have to comply to?

What if intel goes out of business? Is it end of Windows? No, but you make it sound like no new driver form intel, no new Windows build. What does WHQL stands for? Does it say "intel/AMD/nVidia"? No, it reads: "Windows Hardware Quality Labs" and is under MS's ownership.

carnivore likes this.
  9. dazzs

dazzs Member

GPU:
    MSI VENTUS 4070
    So much hate on windows 10. If you dislike it so much why are you still using it. There are other choices. Use them and stop whining. Have been using windows sense window 3. Haven't used a perfect windows OS ever, but "I chose to install and run it, no one force me".....And I like windows 10. still not perfect but I like it. Most bugs in new OS come from old dated software and hardware. kind of like consoles if you want to play the latest games you have to upgrade and I understand everyone can't upgrade hardware and software. 10 is what it is.

P.S. going to amazon to order all the haters a pacifier. LOL

10. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    What i think doesn't matter when in M$'s own notes they are doing exactly that.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Then MS can eat 5h*7 since intel has no contractual obligation to deliver new drivers. And intel is not exactly famous for releasing up to date drivers for anything than latest iGPUs.

12. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Well I updated my Surface Pro 4 to test out v1809 before updating my PC. All seemed fine and I was happy. Then I booted up my PC which is on v1803 and my favourites in Edge disappeared, but they were still there on my Surface. So I exported them from the Surface, imported them on to my PC and now my favourites are gone from Edge on my Android phone. Like seriously!? I do praise M$ more than others but even now I'm getting frustrated. Wonder what else has been cocked up that I haven't seen yet.

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Why don't all of you who hate MS so much go use OSX or Linux? Oh wait, because the experience is terrible so lets blame MS anyway.

Wolfskin07 likes this.
  14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I do not have hate for MS, that would be pointless waste of energy. I have W10 insider, home, pro, and had W7 ultimate licenses. Yet I am exactly that what you call "Linux User".
    Except of some games there is nothing Windows has over Linux.

Calling Linux experience terrible tells story of its own. Not about Linux, but about your ability to manage OS. Linux is super easy to manage as long as you can use deb, yum, apt or rpm. Hard part for some people is picking DM/DE as they are to lazy to even read or test how they work.

15. svan71

svan71 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I don't blame Intel or Microsoft I blame Trump and Global Warming.

Wolfskin07, ManofGod and Fox2232 like this.

16. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I think people just need something or someone to hate...it's the human condition I guess.
    Windows 10 may not be the perfect OS and Microsoft may not be the perfect company and their developers may not be the best ones in the world and you can't really please everyone anyway!

I see people complaining about old hardware that doesn't go well with Win10 or did work with Win10 earlier releases and doesn't now and so on...why do you bother installing new OSes with old hardware? what's the point? It's not like it's gonna make anything better and will most likely break stuff along the way, that's just how it is! My Gf's laptop is running win7 and at one point I installed Win10 on it, but because it has an older AMD mobility GPU that's no longer supported I couldn't get full graphics functionality so instead of hating Microsoft I just reinstalled Win7.

If people are unhappy with Windows 10 and they just can't live with it, go try some other OS and be happy...try some Linux or even MacOS and stop hating! Me...well, I'm happy with how things are coming along with the OS. It's not perfect and some updates may change some things for the worse, for some people, but that's just how things are. I do also have some complaints, as a big screen user, about scaling but I think they will eventually find the sweet spot.

If you can't be happy with Windows, change to something else.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    There actually is some software and drivers that both Windows and MacOS sadly enough have over Linux, where the available alternatives just aren't good enough or their pricetag is much higher than their Windows/MacOS counterparts.
    My guess is that Linux isn't widespread enough, there also is the double edged sword, way to many flavors to add support for.

Oh, and the games that are fully supportet just don't run good enough

Nothing todo with being lazy, hard part for a lot of people is to get the time needed to learn, it's already hard enough for some learning how to use simple things in Windows, MacOS, Android and even iOS.
    Although, several Linux distros are also continuing their work on making everday use as simple and logical as possible.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    She should not click X to cancel that's for sure :D

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    (•_•) She should just ( •_•)>⌐■-■ Weather it a bit longer (⌐■_■)
    YeeeeaaaaahhhhHHHHHHHHHHHH!