Microsoft blocks Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Again)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 23, 2018.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I really wanna know what those people say in meetings...about those problems over and over.

Do they even care or something...i wish i was their boss.

warlord likes this.
  2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I guess Dona and her team should take a quit really fast, quickly. It all begins with Insiders nonsense, unneeded features and their inability, to connect the upgrades. It is beyond any logic, that there are different bugs between stable branch and canary/alpha/beta/preview branches.

3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    on other hand, when insider have post about it, they have awnser that it doesn't happen with latest intel drivers and the problem was closed...

4. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    There are people saying Intel could be the saviour for pc gfx market...at least Nvidia haven't released a driver that puts a windows release on hold

Seriously though it's time these companies realise automation test process are not always going to be best solution. Get a q&a team in ffs and do the job properly for major releases at least. It's making major corporations look dumb as crap.

I also guarantee that half the issue is lead testers are under pressure to release updates in line with a projected roadmap. Project managers don't give a crap, just want it live regardless of issues reported.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    What the heck are Microsoft doing and why did they force the 1809 update to me via WU in the first place? Everything with Windows 10 seems to get more borked by the day!

6. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I truly believe after two major updates, let's say 1803 and 1809, the next ( 1903 ) should be focused only on bug fixing without any new additions.

This should be their major plan. Not to mention one major update with additions and one without. Why are they so much inlcined to add new stuff with each major update?

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    [​IMG]

warlord likes this.
  8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Huh, and I was wondering what's taking so long...

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    What's the issue?
    My Vega 56 is in RMA so I've been using the Intel IGPU and have not been having any problems at all.

Edit.
    Just read and it's the audio via it.
    That's why I don't have problems.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This guy probably,

[​IMG]

Keitosha and airbud7 like this.

11. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Isn't Microsoft's job to test drivers before they put them in updates? Because you know, manufacturers could provide a faulty drivers? Windows Hardware Quality Labs my ass.

carnivore and Keitosha like this.
  12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Uh... they DID get rid of their Windows [QA] team. This is exactly why we're seeing these problems in the first place - they expect the public to do testing for them.

So, mind explaining why the update is actually delayed? Mind explaining why Windows 7 or 8 users aren't getting problems? Mind explaining why you're so positive MS isn't at fault here, despite their recent poor track record and all signs obviously pointing at them?
    These problems only come up whenever they release updates. So, despite the fact you feel spouting hate looks pathetic, having such strong positive biases are no better, either.

Keitosha and Extraordinary like this.
  13. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Anyone actually read the article? Who here even uses Intel display drivers? Doesn't effect 99% of us. Moving on. This forum is becoming an embarrassment. Already using 1809.

ManofGod likes this.
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hmm, right..

Have you ever heard or intel quicksync? Guess not.

carnivore, Keitosha and airbud7 like this.
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The only embarrassment is your post. Ever used a non-gaming laptop? Sheesh.

carnivore, Keitosha and airbud7 like this.

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Wannabe PC master race is an embarrassment to any forum.

17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    We're allowed to have opinions on issues that don't directly affect us without it being an embarrassment.

And my opinion is that Win10 doesn't really improve on anything over 7, in many cases it's a step backwards. I'm sure it's better under the hood, but it has yet to manifest improvements in usability for my daily tasks. Your mileage may wary.

18. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    I have already read the site where HardOCP posted this story from. This has nothing to do with Microsoft other than they properly identified a problem and did something about it. A problem that they did not cause in any way, shape, form or manor. Oh well, continue your regularly scheduled bashing of Microsoft, I am sure pesky little things like facts will not get in the way. :D

19. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    And you blame Ford if Shell produces a bad batch of gasoline as well? Sheez dude, yes, MS has caused some serious issues but, place the blame where it is due, on Intel and OEM's. MS did right by pausing the update once the issue was found, no need for the constant drum beat of MS can do no right, ever. :rolleyes:

MasterBash likes this.
  20. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Stating facts is defending Microsoft? Wow, just wow.

MasterBash and WalterDasTrevas like this.