The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sKutDeath

sKutDeath Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP 4090
    Sure it does... Takes alot of work with Nvidia Inspector.....

2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    No, it doesn't, there is no SLI support in DX12 for BF V.

I know you can get it running in DX11 (also unsupported as of yet), but there is flickering etc and no DXR support.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  3. sKutDeath

sKutDeath Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP 4090
    Whatever....

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

5. sKutDeath

sKutDeath Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP 4090
    Screen shots coming tonight....

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Please do take some, I'd be curious how that works and what you'd have to set in inspector (just other bits? force AFR?)

7. sKutDeath

sKutDeath Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP 4090
    I forced all SLI DXxx settings to 2 GPU's and/or forced AFR depending on the settings in the drop list. I did copy the DX12 Profile for BF1 into the DX12 also, (bits). I will post more when I am home from work. I will show all settings in the screen shots, those from NVidia Profile Inspector, BFV, etc... And don't forget, you have to have Windows 10 1809, and Driver 416.94. See yall then...

8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @fantaskarsef

It may even show that the 2nd GPU is working but I seriously doubt that it is actually doing anything.

Do you really believe this guy has somehow managed to do what Nvidia, DICE and several people who are extremely proficient with SLI profiles cannot?

Even when SLI works in BF V (in DX11), it is a horrendous mess.

I'm sure this guy thinks it is working (I'm not calling him a liar), but a single 2080Ti @ 1440P will give you 50-60 FPS with DXR Medium so it's no stretch that the same @ WQHD will give you 50 FPS.

Just because you force SLI doesn't automatically mean it works, in fact in a lot of cases, it just makes things worse.

There is nothing, anywhere on the internet (I just spent about 30 minutes looking) that suggests DXR works with SLI in BF V at this point.

I'll believe it when I see a side by side comparison video of BF V where the SLI score is significantly better than the single GPU score.

SLI very often (especially when it is forced) shows that both GPUs are utilized even though the 2nd one is doing SFA.

Sorry to be so skeptical.

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    @BangTail

Honestly, I'm sceptical too, but first I haven't had SLI in some time, and even back then it was too bothersome for me trying to find working SLI bits in BF1, I just didn't play the game as long as SLI under dx11 didn't work( and eventually not anymore at all).
    If this really works, it's great, if not, it doesn't change much to what we know now. I couldn't tell, honestly, but if there's any way to get mGPU being effective under dx12 I'd easily call it the find of the month :D

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    He also says that he copied the BF1 DX12 SLI profile over and there is no DX12 SLI profile (or DX12 bits) for BF1, according to the second post in the link below, DICE confirmed that there will be no DX12 mGPU in BF1.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/161011/where-is-sli/p3

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Hardocp just had their replacement card die.
    This one had Samsung memory.
    2 out of 3 cards failed so far for them.

jura11 and fantaskarsef like this.
  12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Whoa... did they OC? Or just stock usage for benchies?

13. sKutDeath

sKutDeath Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP 4090
    System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX 3,0 GHz (Pinnacle Ridge) Sockel TR4

CPU Cooling: be quiet! Silent Loop - 360mm

Mainboard: ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme, AMD X399 Mainboard - Sockel TR4

GPU: 2 x INNO3D GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC X3, 11264 MB GDDR6 in SLI (NVLink)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series schwarz, DDR4-3600, CL 16 - 32 GB Quad-Kit

BOOT Disk/Storage: SSD 2TB 2.5/3.5G 970 EVO PCIe M.2 SAM

Monitor: Asus 34 L PG348Q ROG 3440 x 1440 G-Sync

Keyboard 1: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2

Keyboard 2: Razer Orbweaver Chroma Game Keypad

Mouse: ASUS ROG Spatha Gaming Maus

Power Supply: 1700 Watt Enermax Platimax Modular 80+

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II RC-1200-KKN1 Big-Tower

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Stock clocks, after running heaven benchmark.
    Next day it was dead, blank screen.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    This is not the first launch where cards have died, I had 2 GTX 480s die on me, it happens.

Cards die, for every one that does there are many more that continue to work perfectly and the defect that initially caused problems was identified and corrected.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Why are you trying to persuade us without provocation?
    Its like a damage limitation exercise.

-Tj- likes this.
  17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Mufflore

No, it's just getting old.

If everyone whose card worked fine posted, we wouldn't be able to see these 'one card died' posts.

I'm not trying to persuade you of anything, the facts are pretty clear, this whole thing was blown way out of proportion.

There is no exercise in damage limitation, there was a problem with some FE cards, it was acknowledged and rectified.

If there was anything more to say, I would be the first to say it.

I prefer facts (like the ones presented by GN and Derbauer for example) over this constant scare mongering.

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    There still is a problem though, it hasnt been rectified. It is ongoing.
    The replacement card they received this week didnt last the week.

How can you call reporting of actual failures scare mongering?
    You have an aversion to people telling the truth about this problem.
    I repeat, this looks like damage limitation.

Shataan and -Tj- like this.
  19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Mufflore

No, because a certain amount of defective cards are well within the norm, it happens.

Just because the card happens to belong to a high profile website, we hear about it more than we would if it was Joe Blow's card.

It's scare mongering plain and simple and nothing to do with 'damage limitation'.

Where were you for all the defective 980s and 1080s, why weren't you reporting every single case?

If even 10% of all 20xx series cards were affected, I'd say this was newsworthy, but outside of the defective FE batch and according to people who have access to numbers it is nowhere close to that.

The fact is that this was blown out of all proportion, as I said, GN and Derbauer have both confirmed this.

I think it is you who is having trouble with the truth and the truth is that this is nowhere near as bad as some people want us to believe it is.

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Chill out guys, we're all gurus....

It's a shame, Nvidia and any manufacturing partner's should have had a better grasp on their quality assurance, but honestly that's lacking everywhere these days. Windows updates, faulty CPUs that lurked for years, failing graphics cards, you name the defunct products we get every day.
    I too have to admit, I can imagine manufacturing this GPU is a lot more difficult than the ones we've seen lately, as they are probably less difficult (less separate sections of CPUs like controller and CUDA cores for instance) means you can easier cut damaged sections to release cut down GPUs down the line of a GPU manufacturer.

But what upsets me most is they charge premium prices for their line of cards, and not talking about performance in any way, they want $/€ 1200 to $/€ 1300 for a graphics card and don't even get their Q/A right.... I really want to read hard numbers of returns in percentage to shipped cards / GPUs, but it feels like this problem we're talking about here is all over the place. Maybe it's a thing, maybe it's exaggerated, I don't know, hence numbers would be nice. It just feels like they have more defunct cards than usual, at 150% of the price. That's adding insult to injury in the matter of failing cards (I don't want to talk about performance or RT in that matter, a wholly different story).

BangTail and Mufflore like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.