The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Yeap, i have a similar digital library on the PS3, and that is why i have bought almost nothing digitally on the PS4 this time round, real shame as well, because imagine a 4k patched Motorstorm 1/2, GT6 or Infamous 1/2. :(

Serotonin and Keitosha like this.
  2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Hopefully ps5 will have bc

Serotonin, XP-200 and Keitosha like this.
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^The problem for us PS4 owners that want BC is that Sony have no real insentive to offer this feature as they see it, because 80 million plus ps4 consoles sold seems to prove PS4 owners are not interested in this feature as it's does not seem to have deterred console sales without it, and even worse PS now it seems is a big money maker for Sony, so unless the PS5 were to bomb to the level of the xbox one when it launced, and Sony were put into a position were they actually need to fight to sell their console, then i suspect BC on the PS5 will be PS4 games simply due to the hardware architecture being almost the same, and the PS now subscription service for any other BC of older games from ps3, 2 and 1 era.

I mean last gen Sony and the PS3 were in a similar position, that is why Sony had to impliment things like the Trophy system, and they were forced to remove the bloody locked saved game DRM nonsense, and then add cloud saving, and add private game chat, and then they brought in ps plus, and when they did that they forced MS to offer free games with the gold sub, so it seems the consumer only gets more choice and features when these two are fighting for the gamers hard earned cash, which of course is the way it should always be, neither of the two should ever have a free hand, because we see quite clearly with Nvida and Intel what happens when that is allowed. :eek:

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Sony has a great streaming service for backward compatibility. But they charge roughly 3x the price for it, monthly, vs. Microsoft Game Pass.
    Microsoft made sure to work with developers to ensure Xbox One X games would get re-worked for the system. Sony did not do this for PS4 Pro.
    I would sell my PS4 Pro if it didn't have so many exclusives. Xbox has it's exclusives, but most are also available on PC. So it makes it a bit of an apples to oranges comparison.

All I know is the remake of tecmo bowl on 360 works in game pass and I'm happy as f*** about it.

Keitosha and XP-200 like this.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^If you are a Final fantasy fan then 13, 14 and returns just went BC last week and also are up on sale digitally for the first time. ;)

Keitosha and Serotonin like this.
  6. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Holy crap, the difference with Oblivion on the 360 and X1X is night and day! And that even in 1080p. Absolutely gorgeous. Morrowind looks mostly the same, too bad in 4:3, but can't complain.

I really hope Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2 will be added to the BC list soon.

SpajdrEX and XP-200 like this.
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^BG 1 and 2 would be epic.

Keitosha likes this.
  8. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    How do I add a second account on my X1X? The UI is such a mess and not that straightforward as with the PS4. I want to add my gf's account (she also has her own MS account.).

The console is running the October update.

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    And I would also like Baldur's Gate 1,2 (non action one)... with mouse and keyboard support or Divinity Original Sin 1+2 with M/KB, one can dream

By the way, Warframe works very well with mouse + KB since November update.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Keitosha likes this.
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400

11. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Thanks, I found it. It was under family settings and my gf could add her account there.

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I like these responses vs. "google it". Cause forums are meant to share info. Nice style for you, sir.

Keitosha and XP-200 like this.
  13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Then my work here is done.
    (Opens umbrella and floats away) lol

Oh and some good sales on the xbox at this time, i just grabbed EA access for a year for £19.99 and that has given me ME Androm deluxe version, that just got xbx patch recently, Rory Mclroy PGA tour is back in the vault with all 19 course, Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe version, and a pile more than i have room to mention, and i just picked up Batman AK complete for £10 from the ms store, so a lot of good gaming for 30 quid. :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Keitosha likes this.
  14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Keitosha likes this.
  15. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Just a heads up for GWG this month as we get a classic from the Lucus games star Wars era, Jedi knight Jedi academy, and if you have a XBX you get to enjoy the game via the glorious magic that is 4k bc patching, the game looks stunning, sharp, clear and the colours really pop, so if you have gold grab this gem from a time whem games were made for gamers.

Keitosha likes this.
  17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Keitosha likes this.
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
  19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

Serotonin and XP-200 like this.
  20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^^I forgot about that, Halo MCC coming to pc sort of grabbed everyone attention, but yeah another awesome feature, i like the way MS are heading with all this.

Keitosha and serbicu like this.