Should I remove Office / Word 2010 updates after upgrading to Office 365?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by JimF, Nov 20, 2018.

1. JimF

JimF Guest

GPU:
    MSI1080
    I have just unistalled MS Office 2010 and upgraded to MS Office365. Before uninstalling, I had a lot of problems with Office 2010 crashing after a recent update (KB4461522) and given that this update, and many other Office 2010 updates are still on the update history list, should I remove them them as; a) they are no longer needed as 2010 has gone and, 2) will they cause a conflict with the new Office 365?
    If they should be removed, how is this done in Windows 10? Many thanks in anticipation.

2. JimF

JimF Guest

GPU:
    MSI1080
    I should have said security updates / patches, not just 'updates'

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    OpenOffice, unless you "need" MSOffice

joe187 likes this.
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i feel like this is more of a downgrade.....

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Tried it a few times and stuff people have sent me displays with the formatting all screwed up. Has that improved at all? That's excel and word btw. To the op those shouldn't interfere with the new office install I wouldn't worry about it.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Honestly I not sure I have not used Excel or Word from office in over decade. I use this stuff so rarely I just choice to use Openoffice instead of paying for MS office

7. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    In your case I would too but when I invoiced for jobs I did it paperless and open office didn't work for me as when I sent them in the formatting was all screwed up and when they sent me work orders same thing. So it wasn't an option for me but that's been a few years now so who knows if it's better now.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I vaguel remembering issue like that like said I use OpenOffice and what little its used for it saved in openoffice formats/files. I know I set few Excel files to my friends in past 2 years they never compained about formating issue with in the file when it was save in openoffice as excel