Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Razer unveiled the Razer BlackWidow Lite, a mechanical keyboard designed for work and play.Each switch is also tested for durability of up to 80 million keystrokes, providing durability far beyond sta...

Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite

BrainDedd likes this.
  2. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    This is a bit of a missed trick for me. I love the keyboard but I cannot be without a numpad when working.

3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    It's just an habit... On industrial material there is nearly never numpad, most of the time it is 60% keyboard.
    I have kept the habit now that work no more in industrial, even on 104 key i use only 60 :D
    I have bought a 68 keyboard with blank key for the fun ( i have the extra up, down, right, left, page up, page down, inser, del key... blank too of course lol) and i type more or less like when i was having a full keyb in speed and accuracity...

But there is lot more place on my desk :)

For gamer it is to have bigger mouse pad to have more precision...

varkkon likes this.
  4. varkkon

varkkon Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1080 Ti
    Nice! That is an awesome keyboard, I love the design it is very similar to mine and the only form factor I use. I have the Logitech PRO Mechanical Gaming Keyboard: https://www.logitechg.com/en-ca/products/gaming-keyboards/pro-gaming-keyboard.html it owns for gaming and I do my programming on it all day every day.

I wonder if you can change the backlit to any color that you want, on mine you can? That be my only beef it was only white.

I 100% agree with rl66 you can easily get used to no num pad and the extra space is priceless, especially if you program all day or game.

5. Izi Cheeseborn

Izi Cheeseborn Active Member

GPU:
    Strix GTX980ti SLi
    I'm interested with this keyboard's "fatigue control" feature, i've been using razer chroma X since it's first launched early last year, as much as i love it when playing games but i do find it strenuous when doing paperworks with it after hours. My brother's keyboard is the corsair k70 mk.2 and i would switch to that for my use in hours of typing for office stuff, it's just very after hours "tired'ness" friendly iykwim.

If this new blackwidow lite feels close or even better than the k70, i will definitely get it!

6. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    dude u read the name "lite" right ?
    what for they making chrome if the lite also can RGB ?

seriously that "fatique control" sounds like marketing bs to me
    imo basically u just need light switch + key damper (or just match the k70 switch ur bother pick)
    i am guessing its cheerymx-red ... linear or tacticle is another thing to concern, i prefer tacticle over linear for accuracy
    or if palm-rest that help fatique then get a good kb-palm-rest

Izi Cheeseborn likes this.
  7. Izi Cheeseborn

Izi Cheeseborn Active Member

GPU:
    Strix GTX980ti SLi
    Now that you mentioned it! haha yes it totally is a marketing hogwash, i've been skipping on advertisements on youtube lately that i've totally forgot all corporate mischievous activities. ThankQ for the wakeup call. His k70 switch is the cheerymx-silver, you're right when due comes, i can just replace my switches :)