The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Oh and it also seems that Maggie will be leaving this season as well... so... well at least Amazon saved The Expanse.

2. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I just saw article that season 8 was only 632 days of the apocalypse.
    https://screenrant.com/walking-dead-timeline-confirmed-continuity/

3. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So thought I would get this thread warmed up again, with less than a week to go before S9 kicks off and with the rumours looking like S9 is going to have some very big changes what are your thoughts, hopes and expectations for S9?

I am worried, up till S7 the show focused on quite a closed group of around a dozen or so primary characters with them switching in and killing off as needed to keep up the tension and then in S7 and S8 they introduced a plethora of new characters who just ended up being nothing more than back ground fodder, seriously of the characters brought in from S7 on wards the only ones that I can remember that are still alive and are anything more than background fodder are Jesus, Ezikiel and Negan... oh and don't ever forget Jerry and now it seems in S9 we are going to loose two if not three of a long term group.

It's possible that the show could be in a place were it just doesn't have enough characters I actually care about to want to keep on watching.... not withstanding that the entire show was about Rick's journey and that everyone else around him either became a part of his extended family or people that needed to be killed because they were a threat to his family so how the show can really push on with Rick's departure is something that is either going to be very interesting or a very bad car crash to watch.

Solfaur likes this.
  4. Order_66

Order_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6900XT
    TWD feels like the producers are just beating a dead horse at this point, they should just end season 9 with Rick waking up in the hospital bed and finding he was in a coma the entire time, Negan is his doctor, Daryl is janitor etc. End the series with dignity instead of dragging it out into a confusing mess.

I started to like ftwd, took a while, but just when some of the characters get interesting they get killed off, Travis,Madison etc.

5. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    How long was the season 9 time jump? I read somewhere it was supposed to be 18 month which is only around 80 days less than all the previous 8 seasons.The jump kinda answered my question about how long it would be before they ran out of canned food and gas.

I wish they had kept Madison and Travis around. I wanted to see the dynamics between Morgan and Madison.

Order_66 likes this.
  6. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Looks like AMC will be moving to another format to continue Rick's story.
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-movies-1203019537/

7. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So kinda wow and kinda meh. The entire episode following Rick as he basically slowly died was actually really good, watching him comes to terms with the search for his family what he had to do to get where he was having to deal with those he had lost and the cost was great. Seeing some of the old characters coming back was awesome as well and that 'final scene' with him on the bridge coming out of his flash back seeing all these people he had worked and sacrificed so much to bring together, pulling his gun and saying 'i've found them' (referring to all these people as now being part of his family) right before pulling that trigger blowing up the bridge, sacrificing himself to save them, yeah awesome way to bring his story to a close...

...and then in the space of five minutes AMC managed to not only ruin Rick's coming to terms with his journey and sacrifice but also ruined it for the viewers by

a). having him somehow survive to be whisked off never to be seen again by Jadis
    b). having Scott Gimple on the Talking Dead say Rick's journey isn't over he's going to be in some movies but will never be in the TV show again.

Nice work there guys, you ruin the end of Rick's journey by having him somehow survive (don't even ask how he managed given the injury and the fact took an explosion to the face) but at least their was a little bit of mystery about where he was going, if we would ever see him again, a bit of oooo I wonder what will happen and if he'll turn up ever again... nope ruined by Scott Gimple in under 2 minutes by saying his story will continue via straight to TV movies.

*sigh*

8. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I question how Rick would have flash backs that did not include wife Lori Grimes, son Carl Grimes or his number one Glenn Rhee.

9. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well if I was to use the story from the episode to explain it the reason neither Carl or Lori appeared was because the flash backs were about Rick trying to find his family, makes little sense to have his family appear in scenes about him trying to find his family especially given that the pay off is his realisation that his 'family' isn't just Carl, Lori and Judith but everyone, all the people he's helped and brought together. As for Glenn well he was going to be in the show but Steven Yuen had conflicting filming schedules so his part was cut.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The season so far was surprisingly decent. While I agree that Rick's "finale" was a bit weird, we have to keep in mind that story wise he still is the main character. So if they killed him, they literally had to also kill the show. What will very likely happen, provided that both the show and the upcoming movies do good, is him returning for the finale-finale-finale in the show. Then again, the show might die off before the movies, and then the final chapter of the whole TWD will happen in those movies. Either way, chances are that when TWD universe ends for good, he'll be there. :)

I'm really curious given how decent the season was so far, how good/bad it will get with the new story arches. I mean, the potential is there, but seeing Judith shooting off that .44 Magnum like it was some BB gun was a bit over the top to say the least, lol. :eek:

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    They are having her come across too macho. What has happened to the adults? Are we looking at a Lord of the Flies arch?

Edit: More like Lord of the Flies meets Children of the Corn or even a Logan's Run derivative anyone reaching puberty rides the carrousel. Wonder what Maggie's exit is going to be like. She'll be the first to ride the carrousel.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  12. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    She isn't going to have an exit, in the hub bub of Rick's exit what no one caught on to was this was also Maggies last episode as well, at least in this season. Her disappearance is going to be explained by her 'travelling' but the reality is that Laura Cohen has other commitments so her TWD role has been cut considerably since the producers don't know if she is going to be staying.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/11/walking-dead-maggie-lauren-cohan-last-episode-905

13. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I heard whispering from a walker herd in the last episode, has this been happening before?

14. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    I caught one scene from future episodes where a herd was gathering in a field like they were starting to organize themselves.

15. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    No, this is the shows way of introducing the new bad guys called The Whisperers.

Info on who The Whisperers are
    They are a group of people who wear the skins of zombies so that they can move around amongst them without being spotted, they 'whisper' to each other so as not to alert the horde they are in to their presence, hence the name 'The Whisperers'

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    They are evolving. Makes me wonder if there is leader ala Planet of the Apes.

They have departed from the source material on many occasion so anything is possible.

17. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    No they really aren't.

18. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
  19. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yes and that is decomposition not evolution, perhaps evolution of the techniques used to make the zombies for the show but I am pretty sure the context being spoken about here is evolution of the species as in subtle mutations to species designed to allow them to adapt, deal and survive better in their environment which are then passed on to their off spring.

20. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    They are addressing decomp. Since they are "dead" there will come a point and time to where the muscles do not work because of the putrefaction factor. So the fact they are all still able to walk and move would suggest that the virus/bacteria or what ever it is is mutating(evolving)...the voice heard was just too eerily close to how the walkers en masse groan. So if the Whisperers are voice/sound impersonator masters as well then so be it. If I am over thinking it...typical.