Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I stopped online gaming a long time ago because the last thing you find in the average online gamer you meet is any kind of tangible intelligence!

INSTG8R, lucidus, JaxMacFL and 2 others like this.
  2. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    I agree with you. When TDU2 was still online there were a lot of azz-o online gamers there, a whole lot! But then you meet a number of really great gamers from all over the world and you all just really click together. You look forward everyday to meet up again.

Good memories that last a lifetime.

BangTail, Grimbarian and BlackZero like this.
  3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, sadly these days the number of negative encounters seem to far exceed the positive ones.

I still talk to some of the awesome people that I met playing EQ and SWG, really fantastic folks.

By comparison, I hopped into a group in Destiny 2 the other day and was confronted with 2 of the angriest people I think I have ever come across online.

When you are treating the outcome of a raid like it is a life or death situation, I fear you do not have a solid grasp on reality.

4. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I'm a huge Fallout 4 fan but I won't be playing Fallout 76. I find it depressing how they continue to use the console-inspired Creation Engine for everything (makes me feel like I wasted my money buying a 165hz monitor). I want to see them adopt a proper PC-based game engine that won't randomly crash or glitch out and which isn't tied to the FPS. That's unlikely to happen though - Bethesda is making too much money reusing this engine and console gamers are more than happy with it.

5. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I can't really add much to the conversation that is going on. I haven't got the game, and don't play multiplayer games.
    But thought I'd pop in and say that the game has gone live earlier than planned. As in, the servers are live right now. Have fun folks.

Fallout 76 launched early

NA - EAST - SERVERS UP

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I've been playing it for about 2 hours now and I'm having fun, mostly soloing for the moment.

My only real complaint so far are the loading times, which are a little long, but the performance is much improved from the beta.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Performance bump is cause they nerfed the shadow distance, you can see it appear very close to you.
    It appears they locked all graphic settings, i can't disable depth of field.

I can understand why they locked FPS, game still feels smooth but the depth of field is annoying and broken at times.

BangTail likes this.
  8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, that's kind of lame, I can't wait for the FOV slider, the stock FOV is pretty limited.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Can you build bases underground?

10. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    It's precisely what I had to do in Fallout 4 for playable framerates. I'm not surprised in the least.

Didn't Bethesda say that they won't be implementing a FOV slider?

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If memory serves something to do with FOV "Breaking Some Animation".......

D3M1G0D likes this.
  12. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Ouch you can't turn off DoF? Well I may find out. Can't yet because the last few gb download is really slow even after rebooting. I'll just have to wait half a day for the last little bit to finish the dl. I'm on Uverse 50mbs.

Edit: Never mind, it downloaded just fine after a few minutes and I'm outside the vault. Can't really tell if DoF is on because it could be just a natural haze, not sure. And I can't find the menu with the DoF option. I saw it once, it's a window in the lower right of some screen that I can't relocate. I'll find it.

Edit: I found a DoF menu from the map but it's Photomode, so I guess that DoF is just for Photomode and doesn't work in regular gameplay exploration.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  13. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, so they say :rolleyes:

There won't be an official FOV slider according to Bethesda but there was a way to do it earlier on in the beta and I'm sure someone will mod it (at least I hope they will).

14. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    BangTail likes this.
  15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

16. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    ^Yeah the remove DoF tweak in the previous post above works for me. And no flickering in the grass so far. I set the custom ini file to read only.

Now I need a bottle of water or anything to drink. No not from a file tweak. Maybe there's dew on the plants in the early morning idk. I'll wiki it.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So, you who are playing, what's your honest opinion about the game?

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    OMG, graphics really are horrible. Not nice to see you again 2006 !

19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I like it, I've been enjoying it so far (I'm happier now that I can adjust the FOV).

If you are a Fallout 'purist', I'm not sure if you will like it or not.

The whole online thing doesn't really bother me as you are not forced to interact or fight with other players, if that had been the case it would have been a major problem for me, but it is not.

I find some things annoying, like night time for example, is not like night at all and really doesn't do anything to make you feel like you are 'alone in the dark'.

I won't hold it too much against the game though as too many games get that wrong. I always remember an SWTOR dev saying they didn't want to have a proper night cycle because it might 'confuse the player'.

I'm not sure where the player would have to have been from to not understand what night is, but I digress.

The combat is ok, VATS is real time now which may not be for some folks as you don't have the time to plan and execute that you had in the previous games.

I see a lot of complaining about the graphics but they are traditional Fallout graphics, they are not fantastic but they do the job as far as I am concerned, they are very stylized.

The sound is good, and a lot of the holotapes are very well produced, ambient sound lets you know what is going as it should.

Just a few quick observations, all in all, I'm happy with it and I'll be interested to see where they take it.

BlackZero and JaxMacFL like this.
  20. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

In ESO, they have a few hour day and then a few hour night cycle.