Further reducing RTSS input lag?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Synoxia, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Synoxia

Synoxia Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Is it possible? @Unwinder
    In-game engine limiter mostly suck with frametimes: only RTSS has perfect frametimes, even with freesync i can't live without RTSS so would be very nice if it's input lag could be further reduced.

BlindBison likes this.
  2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    BlindBison likes this.
  3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
  4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Well, the truth is that RTSS does not add any input lag whatsoever. 0. In fact, RTSS in many cases reduces input lag.

What is happening here is that in-game limiters can reduce input lag more than an external limiter like RTSS does. There are ways for an external limiter to further reduce input lag, but the developer of RTSS has clearly stated that this will not happen. He is pretty much finished with the development of the RTSS frame limiter and you should not expect any more changes.

5. Synoxia

Synoxia Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    That sound very very very bad. How to contact the dev? i'd be very happy to support his program, i'd pay for a such feature. I know he has been through some immotivated dissapointed from the community and i feel very sorry for him.
    The way i see it RTSS could pretty much become freemium and be very useful to pros... the only reason they don't use it is input lag probably, but honestly i can't chose between silkysmooth frametimes and reducedd input lag... i want to take both!

6. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    You already did, by mentioning his username in first post. He is reading.