Final Fantasy XV PC Cancelled and yes that includes RTX features

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  2. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    People who bought RTX cards deserve this, and the cards dying too. RIP.
    No games will have RTX support in 2018, the cards were rushed so the company had something new to announce.
    By the time a game has RTX support, Navi will be out. I'd be surprised if that card doesn't have some sort of initial support for it.

WalterDasTrevas likes this.
  3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Just to note, this has nothing to do with Nvidia and RTX support from them. This is an internal conflict that went sour in Square-Enix.

But wishing this upon people who bought a video card you don't agree with, that's kind of a crappy thing to do...

Fender178, Embra, BangTail and 2 others like this.
  4. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Nvidia marketing "sold" these cards as the best thing in the world. "Just buy it!" - TomsHardware.
    Not only they're stupid expensive, the new acclaimed features can't be used anywhere.
    On top of that, there are reports of an unusual number of them dying.
    It's no wonder people that needed the performance and had brains bough the 1080Ti instead and it's reportedly almost gone out of stock.

BReal85 and WalterDasTrevas like this.

5. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's going out of stock because it's older generation not being produced anymore. Simple as that. Performance is solid on them, and right now it's only the FE cards being affected. Just buy AIB, ez. But again, shaming people for buying a card you don't agree with is kind of crappy thing for you to do.

So we're gonna end that here, no more talk of this. This is not a topic to flame Nvidia.

Keitosha, BangTail and tensai28 like this.
  6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    To have been fan of anything about FF since the 1st one (no i am not so old lol) i am not surprised every FF that reach PC is crap compared to other version...

7. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    Maybe I am alone in this but I am glad that there isn't more DLC on top of their release of the Royal Edition for PC which supposedly was their GOTY equivalent with all current DLC included. I hate this extra dlc cash bolt on approach companies have post game. I am all for extra features, such as RTX or high rest texture packs but at least have the decency to include it with some of the original content cost. Half finished games is now the norm for charging full price, and this is not helping the gaming market in the long run.

8. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    While I will say, I dislike the crap out of paid DLC, the royal edition was suppose to get the new DLC for free as well. This might not be 100% accurate, but that's what I've heard around at least.

moo100times likes this.
  9. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Well why I am not suprised;)
    One thing only NV did good: they fixed dx12(which still suck compared to dx11) and delivered performance. But all rest...well...price suck(can afford personally but its pointless to me), feats that will maybe work in some unspecified time...

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The royal edition included the season 1 stuff with Ignis, Prompto and Gladios however the season 2 content after the success of the patches and existing DLC which would have featured Ardyn, Aranea, Luna and Noct was going to be sold separately and wasn't bundled.

They did however patch in a few additional things and promos although with this cancellation the PC/Windows Edition does lose out on RTX and the planned modding tool improvements though Ardyn is still being released and while they are making it separate on consoles comrades will also continue for the PC version via the base game at least for now.

Low level API support (Vulkan was it?) and the modding tools was what I was curious about myself however since things were drastically delayed and with little news posted by Square and the patches not really doing that much it seemed pretty clear there were problems or at least a delay was looming for the DLC stuff although I was not expecting a full cancellation even with the economic loss Square recently posted so Ardyn must have been fairly close to completion since it's still coming out but the rest are probably a far way from completion if they just pulled the plug entirely and the mod tools probably weren't going anywhere either.

Series itself is still popular as ever and sales are strong so it'll be interesting to see what's next, not quite as big of a blow as the CGI movie was back then which saw Square and Enix merge into Square Enix and other restructuring and Kingdom Hearts 3 is nearing release and should help recoup some of these investments if sales are strong.
    (Though the series has certainly had it's ups and downs since at least the SNES era with changes and redoing work and even changing directors with several having left though for various reasons.)

EDIT: As I recall it at least, there's likely a lot more behind the public announcement but FF15 is just about done with this although I wonder how much the DLC would have added or changed even if they had come out, a few separate 3 - 4 hour long stories focusing on some of the major characters and then the Noctis one having some alternate happier ending as fans had requested.

The early stuff from Versus XIII looked interesting in particular but was probably not much of a actual complete game until the remake into FF15 which then underwent a ton of changes and that's 2006 - 2011 and then 2011 - 2014 with completion in 2016 and patches adding and updating features and functionality through 2017 with the first series of DLC focusing on the party member trio following Noctis on his journey and what they were doing during a certain key moment I believe.

EDIT: Ah and the PC version also never got the earlier festival events I think though some of the assets are still in the data though it can't be enabled in full.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    moo100times and vbetts like this.

11. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    thats right, forward progress is a bad thing anyone who supports it deserves to get shafted. yep yep.

BangTail likes this.
  12. hazel1

hazel1 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Ti GM
    I don't feel much about RTX support and dlc but if vulkan support got cancelled too ,that is sad given the current port is garbaj .

13. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    If there is one thing I count on here in these forums.. That's is the constant conspiracies thrown about on every intel or nvidia topic. Please take your meds or seek help ;)

tensai28 and BangTail like this.
  14. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    whether or not the 2080ti supports or doesn't support FFXV, the point made was valid and exactly correct because of economics and physics.

Nvidia was offered a chance to join the 7nm consortium and declined.
    they were thinking they didn't have to do anything, and certainly not with AMD while they "printed money" with 10xx.
    Intel made a similar mistake, except internally.

the fact is as the saying goes "if you snooze, you lose".

AMD's prior weaknesses vs Nvidia were efficiency, draw, and clock speed.
    all of which are addressed by physics at 7nm.

Embra likes this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    has nothing to do with nvidia SQE just took 33mill lose, probably due to FFX in first place

16. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch, Nvidia is not as complacent as Intel and they already have a very large lead over AMD.

I'd be very happy to see AMD competitive at the high end, but until there is some verifiable proof that they are going to be, I'd be a little less enthusiastic given past offerings and 'optimistic' AMD PR.

Not sure what some of these incredibly bitter people are doing here, this is an enthusiast forum after all :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    fr33k likes this.
  17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Double Post

18. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Bought the game in steam at Release date played for 20 minutes and refunded.Then after few month bought the game in 50% Discount played for 30-45 minutes then refunded.So you can imagine how much i dislike the game.Totally crap.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  19. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    They canceled it because of "low" (not high enough for investors) sales numbers. I guarantee it. Maybe they'd sell more if the prices weren't retarded. It cost more than the US price of $60 after conversion in a lot of places in the world that should have had lower prices than the US. Maybe if they weren't greedy cunts with their 30 year old game and priced it reasonably they would have sold more.

This is a huge kick to the nuts for me though, there's no other modern-ish FF game or anything of the like.

lucidus likes this.
  20. Sixtyfps

Sixtyfps Master Guru

GPU:
    Tuff 4080 non OC
    This is all our fault because we keep buying all there garbage so they can treat like whores. We need to stop buying there Games/Products because nothing hurts the worst then getting hit in the wallet

carnivore likes this.