Battlefield V Launches Early - Shows No GeForce RTX Support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ....really?

Subscribe to a yearly service that technically gives you more games and for cheaper, you just can't own them....or....

Buy the full fledged game giving EA and the developers the most possible money for that specific game and.......get screwed over?

tunejunky and Silva like this.
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This RTX thing is a utter and complete joke! Makes you wonder if it's intentional? nVidia knows that an angry mob with torches and pitchforks would attack their headquarters if it turns out that the 1200$ 2080Ti barely does 1080p/60fps with RTXX enabled :D So maybe they're still working on drivers to downgrade this feature to make ut playable?

Dragam1337, Silva and Koniakki like this.
  4. dmity84

dmity84 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 FE
    In /Users/xxxxxxxxxxx/Documents\Battlefield V\settings\PROFSAVE_profile

There is a line

GstRender.DxREnabled 0

But changing it to 1 doesn't do anything, so no luck with that. Looks to be in int32 value not integer, might be expecting a resolution value in there and probably something else somewhere too.

Just a heads up, the Basic access for 4€ per month, only lets you play the intro and the first "campaign" singleplayer, that's 1 hour and you're done. The premier 15€ per month option is the one that includes the full game.

5. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I like this site, probably my favourite tech site on the net but this is another click bait artical just because RTX.

DICE already announced yesterday that preliminary RTX support on the deluxe edition release day followed by future patch support and driver updates from Nvidia to improve performance .

I also don't remember all the crap early dx10, dx11, dx12 cards got when it took months for titles to come out with support for those apis. If I remember rightly, many of those titles came out after those cards had been on the market. They would require patches to support those apis and would usual perform worse or there was no real difference.

Give developers a chance to get something done right or have then rush something out that looks bad and under performes. I know what I would prefer!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Already during RTX demoes at Nvidia's keynote both Nvidia and the team of Dice that worked on BF:V RTX implementation already said they won't have RTX support at the game's release. I still don't think this will change, even if they postponed the game's launch.

@Netherwind : You might be right, as I've heard Dice also said, they're toning down RTX so that it gets more than 30fps with 1080p :D

edit: I just saw @Archvile82 's comment on RTX, maybe they do bring it out at the game's launch then. (Which is later than the launch date they were talking about during Nvidia keynote on August 20th.)

Noisiv and Koniakki like this.
  7. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    @Netherwind Oh boy... that nail.. Such a hard hit.. On the head! :D

8. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    1. Shadow of the Tomb Raider demo in the NV RTX release event showed an fps counter showing 30ish framerates on FHD with a 2080Ti.
    2. SotTR was supposed to have the RT in a patch, but no release date yet.
    3. BF V developer DICE announced in early September that they downgrade the Ray Tracing effects to get suitable performance.
    4. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) BF V was supposed to include RT features at start - now it is delayed.
    5. Now Square Enix announces that they cancel Ray Tracing development for FF XV.

But defend them moar, please.

Keitosha likes this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I guess that extra development time was used elsewhere.... or.. well..... it's still in development isn't it.

Games as a service Ladies and Gentleman.

Silva likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There won't be RTX functionality till widespread release of 1809 has happened.

11. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    I really hope consumers dont waste their money on the new RTX cards performance to money ratio is just too poor. No doubt that the RTX 2080TI is an impressive card but compared to my 1080TI its not even close to be worth the price.

Silva likes this.
  12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I guess the October Windows update that included RTX support getting pulled down for deleting people's files doesn't help.

Maddness and Picolete like this.
  13. B-linq

B-linq Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1080ti
    I thought Nvidia aim with RTX on 1080p 60FPS and with the power of magic on a chip, they will upscale to 4k no?

14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    2000 series is a good joke by nVidia before the 1st April, RTX is pretty lame.

Keitosha, Silva and eGGroLLiO like this.
  15. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    Moab I think we're friends!

moab600 likes this.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Hehe i guess we are:), but seriously, this 2000 series are a big big joke in our face.

17. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Anyone buying these cards for the RTX just fell for Nvidia marketing.
    No games will support it before 2019 and those who do will barely run it.
    I hope Battlefield V is a successful game, I really hate EA and what they've done with the franchise, but maybe they've learned?
    Meanwhile, bought BF1 for 5€ a couple weeks ago (had the DLC free next). Great game for 5€, I'm sorry to everyone who paid full price.

18. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Are there people buying them for that? I bought mine for the performance.

BangTail likes this.
  19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I gotta go with him on this too. RTX launch is slow, but big jumps like this don't happen over night. RTX or hell I'll even go to say ray tracing in general is new in the consumer world, it's not going to have a quick adoption rate. But there are a couple things wrong with your post, you can't really take into consideration prerelease demos versus final performance once it's finally out, and Square Enix's RTX support being dropped isn't because of Nvidia. Internal conflict that the director for FFXV left, meaning only one new DLC is going to come out for the game instead of all the support listed before.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same, up to 40% faster than 1080 Ti is still significant and I can now max out many games @ 4K that I could not on the 1080 Ti.

I'm not worried about RTX, just another reason for people (most of whom aren't even buying these cards) to complain and call Nvidia the devil.

Nothing to see here, move along :D