Radeon™ Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1(upd.15/Nov)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by warlord, Nov 8, 2018.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-11-1

Download:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-18-11-1-driver-download.html

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 Highlights
    Support For
    • Hitman™2
      • Up to 3% faster performance in Hitman 2 with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-230
    • Battlefield™ V Early Access
      • Up to 8% faster performance in Battlefield V with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-231
      • Up to 9% faster performance in Battlefield V with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 at 1920x1080. RS-232
    • Fallout™ 76
    Fixed Issues
    • When using Radeon Overlay on system configurations with the latest Windows®10 October 2018 Update some users may experience intermittent instability or game crashes.
    • Assassin’s Creed™: Origins may experience an application crash while launching or playing the game in Windows®7.
    • Wolfenstein™ II: The New Colossus may experience corruption when viewing lava or water.
    • Strange Brigade™ may experience intermittent application crashes when using DirectX®12 API.
    Known Issues
    • Radeon Overlay may not appear when toggled on systems with multiple displays when Battlefield™ V is running.
    • Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.
    • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
    • This driver does not support Microsoft PIX. Microsoft PIX users please refer to AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3
    Footnotes
    • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 7, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX 580, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 installed, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With medium presets on Hitman 2 using the DirectX11 API, at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX 580 scored 57.2 FPS with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1, whereas Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 scored 55.40 FPS. Comparing software versions, Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 has 3% faster performance in Hitman 2. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-230
    • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 8, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX Vega64, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 installed, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With ultra-presets on Battlefield V using the DirectX11 API, at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 142.6 FPS with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1, whereas Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 scored 131.8 FPS. Comparing software versions, Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 has 8% faster performance in Battlefield V. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-231
    • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of November 8, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX 580, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 installed, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700k CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With ultra-presets on Battlefield V using the DirectX11 API, at 1920x1080, the Radeon™ RX 580 scored 91.1 FPS with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1, whereas Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 scored 83.2 FPS. Comparing software versions, Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 has 9% faster performance in Battlefield V. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-232
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 installation package contains the following:
    • Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 Driver Version 18.40.11.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.14011.1003)
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.11.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
    By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.

2. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    Was gonna make a thread before. Also just realized we have similar GPUs, I have the MSI Radeon R9 390 (Non-X).
    Have you undervolted yours at all? I did that and added a fan curve to get rid of the silly "Zero-Frozr" crap. Once undervolted it's really good with overclocks.

warlord likes this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Wait -> what another driver ;)
    Jonas -> Dig it or leave it? :p

4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I have my gpu absolutely stock. For some reason I cannot change anything neither voltage nor clocks without crashes. An epitome of banana sample I guess.

shredderman likes this.

5. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    Yeah the 390X is basically an overclocked 390 to its maximum potential (Apparently actually has more), you could probably underclock it to match mine. I'm running 1060MHz on the core, 1525MHz on the Memory and -81mV on the voltage.

I get much lower temps, but by all means, if it works for you that's fine. A custom fan curve is essential for these.

Sorry, a bit off topic but that's the just of it.

EDIT: There is a difference in cores etc on the 390X http://gpuboss.com/gpus/MSI-Radeon-R9-390X-vs-MSI-Radeon-R9-390

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    warlord likes this.
  6. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I am gonna suggest digging it. But hey that is just me...I like shiny new drivers.

LocoDiceGR, shredderman and OnnA like this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well what I can find is overall pretty minimal although the profile files can occasionally hold some interesting reveals but convert to XML and compare is not too in-depth although I am glad it still works at least for the moment should AMD ever change the way this works.

Release notes cover the major changes and then every once in a while an AMD rep will comment over on other forums or the AMD Reddit about unlisted fixes also making it in although that's nothing new, there's usually several tweaks and fixes of various kinds that just aren't listed in the release notes for whatever reason such as just being fairly complex or it might be for upcoming features or any number of reasons. :)

Anyway just got done installing these so let's see here.

18.40.11 up from 18.40.07 found in the 18.10.2 drivers so it's a bump in the version number there. Dated November 7th so quite recent.

Crossfire profile changes.

Dirt 4
    PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds (PUGB)
    Vermintide 4 (Warhammer Vermintide 2)

DXX profile additions.

Battlefield 5
    Hitman 2

(The driver already mentions support for these games though and helpfully lists a estimated performance increase and AMD's testing rigs used to measure this.)

PXDynamic profile additions.

Battlefield 5
    Fallout 76
    Hitman 2
    Just Cause 4 (Here's a new one not mentioned in the release notes.)
    (Nothing in here about a Crossfire profiles or DXX though for Just Cause 4, yet.)

(Which should mean that the driver should try to use a dedicated GPU over a integrated GPU if present on the system. High Performance GPU Affinity.)

Embra, SpecChum, OnnA and 4 others like this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
  9. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    380x and no issues
    (Witcher 3, AC:O, Borderlands 2, Divinity 2 DE, PUBG)

shredderman likes this.
  10. FAQU

FAQU Member

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    Looks like with this new driver version the GPU Usage is stuck at 0% in both Afterburner and HWinfo64 . Had to roll back to 18.9.3 to get my GPU Usage reported correctly.

11. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    60 fps locked 4k ultra in multiplayer for 2 hours tonight. good job team RED. BF is back

warlord likes this.
  12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Installed after DDU, everything is fine.....so close to the big one.

warlord and OnnA like this.
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So im waiting till next week for WHQL :D
    Don't have a need to update once a week ;)
    1-2 driver a month is enough for Radeons IMO

warlord likes this.
  14. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Just a random question. :) I have the same graphic card as yours. Did you by any chance open your graphics card to change the thermal paste and/or thermal pads?

shredderman likes this.
  15. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Just checked a 1060-RX580 comparison with the latest drivers on YT. It showed that the RX580 is around 15-20% faster than the 1060 (just added some frames and draw average, waiting for written benchmarks though :p). Pretty nice!

16. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Battlefield V 18.10.2 vs 18.11.1 Driver Comparison 1440p Ultra Preset Benchmark | Vega 64 LC 9900k Looks like a nice uptick in FPS...not playing the game myself.

OnnA, Krteq and warlord like this.
  17. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    anyone else? is it safe to update?

18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Why do you care about 3rd party monitoring.

Radeon overlay is fixed.

Wattman is working flawlessly.

RzrTrek likes this.
  19. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    ok but in case i prefer to wait a fix for this or wait for someone else that can verify on his own sistem, as i use 3rd party monitoring (but not for overlay, radeon overlay is sufficent for me)

wattman is doing everything fine for me except the idiot fan section, hope one day we will able to set a non-linear custom fan curve degrees-related like the one you can set in afterburner or trixx. it is not enough to set only a mininum and maximum rpm value, as i can't avoid zero-db settings and i can't set only few fixed rpm values that are not so noisy as some intermediate value is

20. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    HWInfo 64 and GPU-z are both working for me showing GPU Utilization working.