Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I knkow what you mean and totally agree with your points mentioned. I honestly would have been able to enjoy BF1 if it REALLY was a big difference, yet it didn't feel that different from other BF games, so they lost an opportunity there to me.
    I tried to play the beta now on BF5, but it simply didn't capture me any more. Too much random getting killed (I haven't got people to play in squad anymore), so it feels more like COD (run around shoot) than anything else... would have loved to like BF, but it simply doesn't get me to play it like with BF3 / 4 anymore.
    It's a subjective thing, probably can't get it across the right way, sorry if it doesn't make much sense :D

XenthorX likes this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    BF5 is a great battlefield, they fixed a lot of the stuff that bothered me since bf3, 3D spotting, grenade spam, shooting mechanics. :cool:

Kolt and signex like this.
  3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Couldn't agree more with your opinion! :)

XenthorX likes this.
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    With 3D spotting out of the way, aircraft are a bit in a tough spot right now ^^. during alphas/betas of bf5 i struggled a bit to be impactful with my Stuka (diving sound is so cool )

5. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Honestly it was 3d spotting that made planes so crazy especially in BF1 I would automatically spam Q when diving in a plane and half of the map would light up with doritos to shoot, in BFV people on the ground have to spot using tools (recon has a 3d spotting tool) for the planes to be effective.

Kolt, fantaskarsef and XenthorX like this.
  6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    3D spotting alone being removed is a HUGE deal to me. I really don't understand why that was even in the game.. in the end you become an orange dot hunter spraying through smoke and debris just shooting at dots. That alone + the TTK changes are enough for me to be very excited. With the BF5 beta I felt like I was able to "sneak" around and not feel like I was constantly being watched on the mini-map or radar.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    In bf5 you're playing the game, not the UI (Map/3D dot) :rolleyes:

DesGaizu and Kolt like this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    At first i was really against them removing 3d spotting, as i really had issues seeing the enemy most of the time when they weren't spotted in previous battlefield games... but in the bf5 beta, i didn't really have that issue, and it does increase the immersion by not having markers all over your screen. I'd actually like if they removed them completely, and only showed flagpoint areas on the map :)

XenthorX and Kolt like this.
  9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    pre-loaded it and ready to go this friday

the game deluxe edition came free with Origin Premier

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Another example (similar to mapdesign) of how something that isn't directly related to the power of a weapon/vehicle, that still heavily influences balance.

It's something developers seem to struggle with these days, nerf here buff there, instead of going back to the drawing board and think "hmmz... maybe if we just do this, it would cause that and fix it without all the nerfing and buffing".

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Well having to redesign game mechanics is after all a "little" more comprehensive than simply buffing and nerfing :p But i agree that in some cases (this being one), it is absolutely necessary to do it.

That said... nov 9th, 2 pm cet...

[​IMG]

XenthorX and big ROBOT bill like this.
  12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Thanks for testing the game for us guys, hope they gonna patch things on release day :D

Can someone explain why theres only 3 mp "dirs" in the preload? Did they change the strcture somehow and some mp maps are based on the sp "files"?
    [​IMG]
    But since its "installpk" the files gonna change when unlocking? Dont remember their preload structure.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Ya guys seen jackfrags newest vid about bf5 ? I agree with most of what he says here, especially it being a huge mistake that they use NONE of the famous ww2 battles or locations.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Lame... the new driver for bf5 doesn't include an sli profile, it forces single gpu... guess i will just have to use sli bits from bf1 like i did in the beta.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Game is live, or stumbled upon a glitch and it booted up by accident?

It still says preloaded, release on 9th but i'm in-game and i can see servers.

EDIT: Screenshot of server menu http://prntscr.com/lfxg02

EDIT2: Here it still says preloaded + release on 9th: http://prntscr.com/lfxgxl

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    As much as I want to play as soon as possible, I really don't want to pay for the Origin access. I value owning the game itself and I also prefer to 'vote with my wallet' by not supporting that stuff, regardless of early access to a game or not. I consider myself a patient gamer who can wait for a game to be patched or go on sale. I've never really "waited" for a MP game that I really wanted to play, but this will have to be an exception. I just don't want to support that ideology and the concept that you can only play early by buying into another service. What about those that pre-ordered the game? It just feels wrong. I am more than capable of waiting a little while.. it's just a game..

I'll take this as a good chance to let others review and potentially help iron out some bugs before the "true" launch, when I will (most likely) buy the game..

EDIT: I did not pre-order the game. I stopped pre-ordering games a long time ago (super rare exceptions at hand, but ANY EA game isn't in that list)

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Probably because 10 years ago every FPS was a WW2 game that repeated the same locations and battles in every game. There was a time when people complained that there were too many WW2 games. Now it's just the opposite and there are too many "modern" war games.

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I was just reading that RTX features are not in the game yet. Here's hoping it will be in some sort of day 1 patch or something..

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Buttersmooth gaming. Better than BF1 for me in fluidity. Interesting. DX11 at least. Time to check DX12.

EDIT: :confused::eek:For my system, DX12 again is trash in this game. Like Battlefield 1 to be honest. Dx11 performs more properly with better frametimes and more FPS. Well done EA. Second fail in row.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I have yet to see a title where DX12 wasn't a stuttering mess. Considering RTX is supposed to be DX12 only.. I'm worried :/