Sapphire Radeon RX 590 8GB Nitro+ Polaris Refresh Leaks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 7, 2018.

1. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB
    The 1545 clock sounds nice as long as it can OC around 1700 without to much over voltage. The RX580 of this version was 1430/8400. So if can get close to 1700 with the 8400 ram it will make a strong card if the price is around $300. If you have a 480 you may want to upgrade if only because you have a free sync monitor, because you will get a very good boost, but that really the only reason. Chances are you will find a Vega 56 for not much more next month on sale that is still stronger.

2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I have an Asus rx480 strix. It can do 370 on the core and +200 on the memory. I was hoping the 590 would have GDDR5x memory. As i get good performance from overclocking. I will wait for reviews before deciding.

3. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    too bad dx11 still reigns supreme and that driver overhead kind of defeats its value proposition for weak rigs

warlord likes this.
  4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I think that with Nvidia's latest offerings being so good in Vulkan and DX12, they will start to push it better. After all they have put a lot into Ray Tracing and DLSS.

warlord likes this.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Sapphire Radeon RX 590 8GB Nitro+, feat. Guru3D

6. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    That happens when you try to lie to us. The RX480 was a completely new GPU. So why the heck you are trying to lie?

Silva likes this.
  7. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    umm.. 7970 > 7970 GHz edition > 280x = nothing new. Rebrandeon as always.

PS. The thing is: now there wil be a lot of 580s for cheap from retailers, as miners return millions 580s under warranty in exchange for 590s.

warlord likes this.
  8. quantum hacker

quantum hacker Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275 - 896 MB
    Yep. Gsync is officially dead to me as well. We can see the RTX cards are having trouble with older gsync panels, BSODing. The fragile nature of relying on a gsync module that may have issues and potentially brick perfectly fine monitors or just somehow go out of date where nvidia doesn't support them is enough for me to see this won't work out long term.

A monitor should be a standard unit unto itself, not relying on another company's addon to function.

Gsync is like the adobe flash of hardware addons. Time to go

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Goiur, Silva, tunejunky and 2 others like this.
  9. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    could be an interesting product, given that they are shipping it around 200 mhz faster than a "stock" 580, if the powerdraw is lower than a 580, it will probably have fair bit of headroom.

while it wont be the latest and greatest, it may still offer a decent value, compared to the current offerings, especially if it can do >1600mhz

warlord and Maddness like this.
  10. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    There is Nvidia Fastsync, which is far more usable than both Gsync and Freesync.

warlord likes this.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Define decent value. Xbox One X is equal gaming wise and costs as much as a 590 will. P.S. And it is a whole console system, with cpu, ram, hdd etc.

12. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    RX 590 - refresh of refresh of refresh...
    GTX 1060 - refresh of refresh of refresh...

This market is so rotten, it seems that both Nvidia and AMD are on strike and only complying with minimum services.

13. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    decent value compared to its direct competiton(1060/1070/580/480)

consoles , while "cheap" have a cost to own as well (annual online service payments), they are also a walled garden, not like you can install steam and access your decades old library of games.

if i could install linux on an xbox I would probably buy one, especially now with valve implementing proton.

14. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Well unfortunately this was expected to happen soon with moors law and all market will be slower from now on till a new process is found and is feasible

15. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

so true...and i'm a guy that has two g-sync panels (35" & laptop). i could have bought an enthusiast cpu with the price differential.
    while i enjoy g-sync, that alone doesn't make it good or good for the market. as you clearly pointed out it's another potential fail point on an otherwise excellent monitor.

and then there's HDR.
    granted, i'm an early adopter in general, but somethings you only need to see once. so... i have an OLED hdr TV and phone and wow.
    i even got a freesync II (HDR) monitor for my office (RX580).
    having it, but not having it on my top shelf eye candy computers is beyond annoying...it's the bite on the ass the next year that we're used to.
    and vintage G-sync modules cannot deal with HDR.

16. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I'm afraid the 590 will be too expensive to make me pull the trigger.
    Hopefully 570/580 are getting to msrp, maybe the 590 will push them down a bit more.
    I really wanted something fresh but +300€ is insane.

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    In the US the 580 8gb at least is MSRP or even lower now.

18. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    With that CPU you're not going to play a lot of games.

19. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
  20. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    You can get a used Core 2 Quad and that'd still be quite good at least.

I have a Xeon X5450 (should've got the E5450) which is basically a QX9650 Core 2 Quad based on LGA 771 instead of 775. It's easy to mod with a sticker to work with 775 if you can't find a Core 2 Quad (also need to cut plastic bits off socket). In saying that I found upgrading to an i5 3570 was cheap enough and easy to find as well.

But yeah if you do go that route with the E5450 or Q9650 definitely recommend overclocking.