[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.107 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    It would seem in last few win10 builds (1803/1809) that the registry is not getting backed up even though task scheduler reports it completed ok.
    You can check this path "C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack", most likely it will be empty.

Hopefully, this will be fixed soon.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    lucidus likes this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The bugs keep piling on ... instead of steadily releasing CU's to the slow ring or even resuming new builds for RS5, they're wasting time on RS6 and not delivering now whatever spectre performance mitigations they've developed. What a sh!t show.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    New patch will be based on the Linus suggested Retpoline, without any penallity

https://security.googleblog.com/2018/01/more-details-about-mitigations-for-cpu_4.html

And agree, why not release it now with RS5, it would make a lot more sense. :confused:

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yeh, I wish they would stop with the useless minor "feature" changes and focus on bug fixing and stability.
    They should really do a cadence of feature additions, then next update stabilizes/fix that update.
    Kind of what Intel used to do with CPU's.

5. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I just rolled back to April Update. RS5 had been working fine for me, then just recently I did a clean install after some unrelated (at least I think its unrelated) driver issues. Upon the clean install things were a nightmare. Everything was sluggish, choppy, game performance suffered, internet surfing was slow, everything just turned to molasses. I clean installed AGAIN, thinking something went wrong with the previous install, but same result. I needed to know if it was the OS or if some hardware problems cropped up, so I went back to RS4 and its just night and day. Silky smooth. So I dunno, maybe the latest cumulative update for RS5 did something my machine doesn't like, but whatever it was at this point I think I'm just going to stay here. Hell all their attention is on 19H1 now anyway, even though RS5 still hasn't been re-released to non-Insiders. Almost makes me think there's bigger issues with the build than they're letting on. So I might as well wait.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is no longer the location of registry backups.

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    What is the path?

8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I just read through your article again and noticed that Microsoft didn't make any mention of the ongoing standard app selection issue.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah I pretty sure I staying on 1803, for the foreseeable future

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Home networking works for you in 1803? The Network button in explorer would turn up blank results no matter what in my case. They've also broken file associations in 1803 with the recent CU's so not keen on even looking at that build. The reg backup thing is also broken in it. 1607 for me if I abandon this release.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you talking about the thing that showed everything connect to router?

that show my 2 hoppers connected to but nothing else, I dont perticual want that to be populated though I also have file sharing off so my phones and what not i guess dont show up,

But my 2 hopper 3 are listed

I do have issue with changing file associations on my surface on 1803 but my pc dont have such an issue

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    new bug, my time didn't change today (daylight saving), I had to go into settings>date an time and toggle "set time automatically"

Edit: Tried my 1809VM but that was correct, so not sure, VM might not be a good test.

13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is there any way to prevent process suspension? (or process sleep mode - aka green lead in task manager)
    In particular I want prevent Edge to go in suspension mode, because when it does it blocks any file I am downloading.

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    In Privacy,>settings under background maybe try toggle Edge enabled/disabled to see which is best.

It will still suspend but maybe no interference.

15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I tried to switch the background privacy settings, but edge still goes in background after a while if used only for file downloading, which results in broken download.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Don't use Edge.

18. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
  19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Been a while since there's been an update. Wonder if Microsoft is still fixing 1809 or skipping it.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    system restore has regbackup, the regback folder was too easily deleted by malware.